Danielle_Stalley

New! - Lesbian Ladies

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

Hey all, I'm new on here and just hoping to make a couple of friends. Most of my friends are straight so it would be nice to be able to speak to girls who will actually understand where i'm coming from i guess.

Just trying to figure out my life right now really and how exactly to come out to some of my family who are really really religious...any ideas? haha

Anywho, just wanted to say hi

AngelxEyes
Posted

Hey there! Nice to meet you.

Sarah_McNeill
Posted

wat religion are ya?

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

Nice to meet you too Nicole

Christian. I'm mostly concerned about my grandparents haha my grandmother won't take it well at all and that's a huge understatement but oh wells

Sez_Schofield
Posted

Hii

So understand where you are coming from as I havent come out to my family as I'm Catholic and it wouldnt go down well at all lol best thing to do right now is have fun and when the time is right maybe when you are in a relationship with a girl just try explaining to your family about it they will probably be shocked at first but in time they will understand as they are your family and love u no matter what. Hope this helps a little xx

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

Hey Sez!

That helps a whole lot. Thanks! Hopefully they will understand, I'm not holding my breath though for some of my family haha oh wells

Thanks again!!

Sez_Schofield
Posted

No worries hey whatever happens just stay strong and think the people that matter dont mind and the people that mind dont matter! xx

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

That's a good way to look at it

Posted

Im catholic too and when i was 16 my colombian mom ended up finding some emails that i had sent to my gf and freaked out, She took my cell phone away and if she did let me use it once in a while if i went out but she would track my call log and the whole nine yards. She took me to a therapist trying to "fix me". She was convinced i was confused since i hadnt experienced men to the fullest since i hadnt had sex with them. So i had to hide my relationships really well until i was 18 and then after that i got my own cell phone and did what i wanted, I continued to date girls and then about 2 years ago i dated a guy and was with him for a year. In the end they realized how big of a doushe he was and i guess i did too and broke it off. Thats when me and my mom had a heart to heart and she said do whatever makes me happy and she'll love me no matter what. She just wants me to be with a person that treats me right. She doesnt neccesarily want to hear about my relationships with girls butttt its better than 5 years ago. Sooo its been a slow process and lots of tears shed. All i can say is dont lose yourself and stay strong in what you believe in. It all will work out in the end

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

Wow that's crazy what you had to go through. Thanks for sharing that with me, it helps a lot. I'm sure it will all work out in the end as well Thanks again Cassy, much appreciated

jessicazylee
Posted

religiousness doesnt always equal bigottedness, remember. I was pleasantly surprised by a super-Catholic friend who all but blew up at a bible thumper who was gay bashing.

have you tried looking online for a gay-friendly priest in your area who might be able to advise?

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

No I know, and I know I'll be surprised by quite a few people.

I have, there's a church around my area that I'm going to go check out

Lizbeth_Ochoa
Posted

hey danielle
weird.. but im christian also, & wow did i go thru a lott. that i wish ppl didnt find out a certain way.. but just lke yu, i had & for the most part still have all straight friends. & i was even hesitant towards telling my friends, bc i cared about wht they thought. but of course not as much as my family accepting it. i thought that i was weird. but surprisingly my friends told me they allready had a feeling, accepted it & loved me regardless. & it took a lott from me JUST to do that. i loved church.. but there was a time that i was soo embarrased to show my face, bc they'd think i was a hypocrite or the devil. so i didnt go back for a yr. this was when i was 18. i am now 23.. & i just fully came out last yr. & i even along the process, bc i stopped going to church for a yr, lost sum friends. but then again, they werent real friends. i beat myself up for it for a lonnnng time & even went thru deression. lol not to sound all negative! but it was that hard for me.. & now my family all knows. nobody is perfect. one of my bestest friends from church advised me to do wht makes me happy. bc God accepts yu & loves yu as yu are look up a poem from mother theresa "do it anyway" that shld rlly help yu to keep yu motivated, & live by it & of course dont give up on church, keep ur communication with God good always & remember everyone is unique.. ur different both me & yu. we are rare, & have that light shining inside of us mayb yu r meant to share ur experience with sumone else to touch them

Posted

hello nice to meet you

Danielle_Stalley
Posted

Seriously Lizbeth you have no idea how much that helped. Thanks so much I agree that it's really important to keep communication with God. I'm just having trouble still accepting what I am in comparison with what I was told I should be my whole life. I'll look up that poem tonight I'll bet it would have been hard to go back to church. It's just difficult because i know how differently people will look at me. Well your experience has really helped me so thank you for sharing

Hey Brittany, nice to meet you as well