Maria_Dybber

New book idea - Writers Nook

Posted

I'm writing a book, it's my second book that I've written and i want it to be a fantasy novel. I don't want to be another Twilight though...ugh...
Any suggesstions?
My first book was a romance
so this is way different!
I need some advice or ideas please?

Posted

Surely if YOU want to rite a book it will have to be YOUR ideas??

How can you write a really good book using other peoples ideas? I don't understand that.

Posted

I was just asking for suggestions dude...damn its how i do ok?You don't have to understand it

Takehiro_Saito
Posted

I've found, if you want to write a full novel length story, you're going to need to find content that you're passionate about, or your interest can just dry up and it all becomes too much effort. Only you can come up with something that you feel passionate about though. That said, if you want to write about something that is popular at the moment, then I suggest a quick google search. ^^;

Takehiro_Saito
Posted

You're welcome. :3

Sandra_Rodrigo
Posted

Yea, take a look at some things that already exist in the realm of fantasy writing, and ask yourself what kind you like the best. Or what kind you'd like to write thats different from whats already out there. I agree with Takenhiro about being passionate about the subject and content.
movies can also help when it comes to inspiration. at least, I find that whenever I watch a beautiful, well-made fantasy movie I'm freshly reminded of what I wanna do in life. ^^
If you don't want romance at all, maybe you'd want to look at some books that have adventure and such without romance.

Takehiro_Saito
Posted

Yeah, movies are great for inspiration. I usually get at least one story idea from any good movie, usually more. xD

Posted

Thanks so much for the good advice!!! i'll be sure to take a look at a lot of movies now!!!

Posted

If you want a good original-as-you-can-make-it, draw-in stuff from life experiences, everyday myths and urban legends...mythology is always a good reference for creatin' fantasy.

Joie_Parris
Posted

Mythology is used a lot as a source for fantasy, but as a fantasy fan I find that frustrating. I find myself undoing the jigsaw as to where all the different sources came from as I'm reading.

I take it there are two different types of novel writers: those that write in response to inspiration (like myself); and those that write without the spark as such and look around for an idea. I myself have more ideas than I'm capable of handling, so I find it hard to imagine wanting to write without that. I guess other people who are confused by your question are coming from a similar viewpoint as me. Can you tell us why you started writing to begin with, and what it is you like about it? Maybe we can understand where your coming from better then.

Posted

I write more poems than short stories, but I get ideas from hearing a phrase or group of words. The other day I heard the word "Space between the words" and "Stolen Moments", and wrote a love poem round those words.