Kenneth_Quigley

Going back to Church - The Gay Christian Network

Kenneth_Quigley
Posted

I've been seriously ill as of late, Severe mental illness. I am now well enough to go back to my Catholic Church. Since I got sick a lot has changed, New address, Coming out, Getting engaged to a very loving and supportive man.
Before receiving Eucharist, I need to go to confession.
What am I going to tell the priest about my coming out as Gay? Will I be excommunicated? I heard lots of rumors and horror stories. I've also been sort of reassured, but as long as "I Don't Act on My Homosexual Feelings".
I really love William and I have acted. Am I destined to hell? Or I shouldn't believe everything a few of my fellow Christians tell me or scare me with? Nothing to worry about?
Please help and guide me. as I tend to believe everything I'm told, exaggerate things and am scared easily.
Thank you God Bless.

Posted

Firstly, @Kenneth, you should congratulate yourself for coming through all of that, and ending up better and stronger.

At the end of the day, you, and only you, can decide what God's plan is for you. I went through a lot of prayer and soul-searching, and finally decided that I'm ok with being gay, christian and in the anglican church (I'm the church organist for my parish).

If you have a relationship with God through Jesus, He will let you know what is right or wrong FOR YOU. Pray, then stop and listen to that "still, small voice" in your heart.

Finally, don't listen to any humans who try to judge you. In judging you, they condemn themselves, because there is only one judge and that is God.

God bless you, @Kenneth.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I would just like to ask if there is a M.C.C. Church around your area? If there is I would say go there they accept all if your are str8 LGBT no matter how you were rise as a Cathlioc or whatever we come together to praise or father who gives us love for who we are not what we like to do behind close doors.. God Bless to all

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Again, therefore, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12

Posted

I agree with Ian. Congrats on your new love and gettin better. Isn't there an MCC Church you could attend in your area? The will accept anyone who believes inGod. You will find people of faith that are lgbt to fellowship with. and all without the biblical beating you will most assuradly get from the catholic church. My friend was catholic and killed herself because of what her priest said to her about her being inlove and acting upon it with another woman. I am a protastant. I still miss my friend. she was 17. She was my lover. He told me I killedn her and was not welcome at her service.

Posted

That's a really sad story, @Kelly, and I'm so sorry that a so-called "man of God" could act in that way.

I'm proud for you, and so thankful to God that you managed to keep your own faith through all of that.

I wonder how many people that priest thinks he is leading to Christ with that attitude?

Kenneth_Quigley
Posted

Can you please tell me what an MCC Church is, I am interested.
I'm so sorry @Kelly at the tragedies of your lover's death and you not being welcomed at her service. My heart and love goes out to you.
Thank you all and God Bless.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

MCC church is for who loves god..You can Google in MCC Church and it should bring you to there web site..I forget to tell you put in were you live after church and it should bring up the ones in your area.. I say it is for all who worship god our MCC we have str8 & LGBT Church goers..If you need any more help just ask...