Matty_Estrada-Cain

dunno - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

So I am encountering a problem recently. About three months ago I was hurt at work. my shoulder. i figured I would be out of work for a week two tops, but no its been three months. I cant do anything with my arm really. Today i had my first steroid shot, not fun. My girlfriend is cool about it, me only getting my workmens comp pay, but for how long? Money is tight. I feel like a major loser. I have always made my own way in life, paid my own way, but now I can't and I have no idea what to do. My doc says I cant go back to work, which I guess is understandable because I don't have use of my right arm, but without work I only get about 600 a month from workmens comp. Its not nearly enough. Top it off all my friends left when we moved in together. I guess it was only fun when I went out all the time, and they came first. I guess I just don't really know how to handle all this. I need to be in control of certain things and right now it seems all control has left my hands. literally i have one friend who has not left and she lives in a different state. Funny huh. I have tried looking for work that i could do with one arm but there isn't anything, and even if I did get a different job my workmens comp would stop which means no more medical coverage. Which means i would have no way of paying for all my treatment. Any advice on what to do?

Posted

wow I'm really sorry to hear about that. that would drive me crazy. I'll try to think of a few ideas for you carla. I really don't have any off the top of my head. It sounds like asking you to relax would be like asking you to go against your nature, and asking how you could cut costs would be like a major, no duh moment. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

I'm unemployed right now and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what to do. I guess it might be good to know if your eligible for any other benefits?

Posted

No I do not qualify for state help. Other than that I do not know what other kind there would be. I can't do unemployment because technically I am still employed, just on a medical release until I am healed. We have cut costs on a lot of areas in our life, and I mean we do fine I guess, but it's all mostly on her, and frankly that doesn't sit well with me. I did think about suing my work but decided against it. Sure I was hurt at work but it wasn't really anyone's fault, it was just an accident.

Posted

WEll for food you could get food stamps I mean I know it might hurt some peoples pride but hell it helps... it will but down about 200 to 300 dollars. JUst put your name on it And not your girls and you'll get more money.. and when you go back to work cancel them.

Posted

I did. I went in the other day and got some. I felt kinda low sitting in that office waiting for my name to be called. I understand that some people just need some help some times, but the majority of the people in that office looked like drug abusers and drunks. I don't typically judge people but I found myself doing just that while I waited. It made me feel like shit thinking that about all those people. Well I put my girls name on it too but the lady who did my application was really nice and she said that I wouldn't qualify for any food stamps if I put her name on it, so she let me take her name off. That was nice of her. It took forever to do as well because of my workmans comp. She said that most people that go in there do not work, and have not worked for years. I can understand because the economy blows. I only get them for six months or until I get back to work cuz I make to much money while working to get the stamps.

Posted

Oh I feel ya! I had to get on them once and almost died of embarrassment lol but I needed them..

Posted

I have good enough sense to ask for help when I really need it, but to much pride to ask until I have no other choice.

Posted

I hear ya carla, I wasn't planning on applying for other benefits until I absolutely needed them. Luckily it looks like I'm finally going to be getting a job. we will see after the interview.

Posted

Thx Carla, you too. My interview didn't go as well as planned but I figure I can get some more apps in this weekend and hope I hear back by Tuesday. FIgure I'll start applying for food stamps myself soon if I don't hear back. Nebraska isn't the easiest state to get aid in. How are you holding up?

Posted

I am holding up pretty good. Just waiting to hear back from this doc I have to go see. If I do not get bk to work soon I will have to postpone some plans. I really do not want to put anything off. Sorry to hear about your interview. Washington state I think is the easiest state to get benefits in. It is way to east for a bunch of drug addicts and drunks to go and get benefits.

Posted

well im in australia and its hard to get a job ere never mind a decent work cover if you get hurt , im off the job for a month cause i broke my ribs at work, and its not fun , ur right it drives u nuts waiting and in the mean time trying to get by , but you dont get anything unless u ask for it i geuss , the whole situation has got in the way of my relationship , we had our first fight the over day cause i couldnt buy her the things she wanted so i feel ya there , keep ya chin up chick, it will get better