Lykira_Fuentes

lost - Lesbian Ladies

Lykira_Fuentes
Posted

So I've only recently come out and I'm finding out each day how little gaydar I have. There's this girl I like but I have no idea if she's gay or not. I'm really shy and would hate to make her feel uncomfortable around if come to find out she is straight. So how do you girls do it...how do you tell someone you like them when you have no idea what their orientation is?

Vanessa_L_Sills
Posted

I have the SAME problem. I have NO idea who is gay and and who isn't. & I definately don't want to make a fool of myself by asking right out if she is or not. I guess the best thing you could do is just talk to her and see what her reaction is. If you get more of a friend vibe between the two of you then you may just have a new friend but if she's interested in more she might just come out and tell you she's gay or she might do it in more subtle ways by maybe checking you out, touching you when she's talking to you or making eye contact. Depending on how shy or outgoing she is. I also read up on body language stuff alot and one good way is if she says your name while talking to you. It shows interest but it's not neccesarily romantic.

BUT if she does some of the above things AND says your name I'm willing to bet a TRILLION dollars she might like you too. lmfao XD One last thing is if she preens. Preening means she's trying to make herself look good to you for example... if she picks something off her shirt or brushes something off her shirt, pushes away stray hairs or even twirls/plays with her hair nervously that could also be another great sign that she's into you. She may even slightly nod her head at you which is her unconciously saying "yes i like you too" in her body language without actually coming out and saying it. So if she does any of this take a chance and ask her out because she just might be waiting for YOU to make the first move.

Yeah...... I know I'm a dork because I know this stuff but whatever. I think it's pretty cool stuff to know. If you want more info on the whole romantic body language thing here's the link:

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/romantic_body.htm

That page I sent you has some good info on it that could help to know if she's gay or interested. It's helped me before. Plus if her body lang says she's interested that will open the door for you to ask her out or tell her you like her. & the plus is you won't have to ask. She'll tell you without even knowing she has so then you don't have to have an awkward moment or make her uncomfortable. I hope it helps and good luck Lykira!!!

Lykira_Fuentes
Posted

Hey thanks vanessa, that helps a lot. I'm definately gonna check out the link..ill have to look for those subtle cues now that you've opened my eyes to a couple of them ! Definately helped thanks again!

Posted

I don't think it's dorky vanessa. I think it's freakin' awesome that you know that. The funny thing is that I do those things sometimes so I guess it must work, lols.

Posted

That was awesome, lols, thanks for posting that