Sez_Schofield

how do i explain to my family that im gay? - Lesbian Ladies

Sez_Schofield
Posted

need help been very confused for a while but over past two years iv realised that its girls that i am attracted to just been hiding for a long time need advice xx

Posted

well tell your family when u r ready hunni im sure they will understand i know its scary too tell them i was at first i told all my family and friends but im sure all your family and friends will suport u xxxx

Sez_Schofield
Posted

thank u its pretty hard as i am catholic i have a strong catholic family so may of them wont understand they think its going against God lol extreme or what xx

Posted

You have to wait until you are ready. It isn't an easy thing. I mean you cover up who you are and aren't being honest to yourself or family. Then, you have all these worries that they won't except you. At first it may be akward, and you and your family will have to adjust, but if they really care about you and love you, in the end they will just want you to be happy.

Posted

They are your family like of course they will have a hard time with the whole thing but you have to know when the perfect time is to tell them but do not stress over it, it is not that big of a deal to tell them. Meaning like it is not like if your striaght you have to come out and tell your parents so just take your time to find out who you are and then tell them when your totally ready. Goodluck

Isabel_Morales
Posted

The best thing is to wait until you are comfortable with yourself and comfortable with them knowing, you have to be aware of their judgments but you have to be willing to follow your own heart. If they have a problem with it, its not your problem, if you tell them and they aren't willing to accept it don't feel bad because its not your deal anymore....Needless to say I'm completely terrified of them knowing...

Tor_Saff
Posted

dont do it until you feel completely ready. i mean my family, well my mum doesnt mind but i wont tell my grandparents because they're really traditional values people. also, if you live with them, maybe don't tell them til you've moved out because i know what its like i have a friend who's family hate gay people because it's against God, so she cant come out. although i'm not sure the bible ever says anything about gay people... i'm not sure though.

Posted

In the bible it doesn't state anything exactly about how gays are against god at all really but it does state that God created man and women for a reason and that is how it is supposed to be. But like just like what everyone is saying take your time and find yourself. You are who you’re supposed to be and that’s what makes you unique.

Tor_Saff
Posted

cheers mandy, i couldnt remember exactly

Posted

Thank you and no prob.