The battle is over, the Victory is won, Alleluia! - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" VICTORY! You did it!

Dear Andre,

Breaking news: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal has just cleared its last congressional hurdle.

This discriminatory law will be relegated to the dustbin of history. This stain on our nation will be lifted forever. And you made it happen.

Today, America lived up to its highest ideals of freedom and equality. Today, our federal government recognized that ALL men and women have the right to openly serve the country they believe in. That it doesn't matter who you are, or who you love – you are not a second-class citizen.

Think of the kids out there tonight, watching this on the news – kids who are bullied for being different, who live in fear daily that their parents will hate them if they find out the truth... Think of the relief, the empowerment, the sense of possibility they'll feel, knowing that the U.S. military has said: if you're lesbian or gay, you are worthy. We want you to join us, side by side, as equals.

Think of the people across the globe – some in countries where it is literally a life-or-death decision to come out as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender – who will hear this news and know we're one step closer toward a world where no one needs to live in fear because of who they are.

And take a moment to truly comprehend the lives ruined over the last 17 years because of this discriminatory law. The soldiers, sailors, airmen, translators, doctors and more, whose military careers were ended, whose livelihoods were threatened, whose friendships were cut off, all because the forces of bigotry and fear held out for so long.

They can never get those years back. But I hope they know that their sacrifice meant something. Their courage and integrity helped a nation understand what it means to serve. And that, more than anything else, helped bring about this historic change.

With your help, we've spent 17 years fighting for this moment. I cannot thank you enough for the dedication you've shown to get us here. Here's a brief snapshot of what you helped HRC do to win this.

Senators Joe Lieberman and Susan Collins have been our steadfast champions in this fight. Here's what Senator Lieberman said today that shows how your energy, your drive, your commitment and your focus have been behind every single step: "This historic day has been seventeen years in the making and would not have happened without the leadership of Joe Solmonese and the Human Rights Campaign."

We did it. Together. Thank you.

Onward,

Joe Solmonese
President

P.S. A quick note on what happens next: the vote we won today – a critical vote to repealing this law – was to overcome a filibuster by John McCain and Republican leaders in the Senate. There may be one final vote on Sunday night or Monday and which only requires a simple majority instead of 60 votes. The bill will then go to President Obama's desk, and he has promised to sign it. In the following months ahead, the President, Secretary of Defense, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will be responsible for acting expeditiously to implement a repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law. HRC advises service members that repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is not effective immediately and service members are still at risk of being discharged on the basis of their sexual orientation until the repeal is completely implemented.

Some days, you wonder if you can make a change, and then you find out that all your hard work does /did make a difference, and you find the answer is
YES!, those are the days you know not only why you are here, but life is worth while. although I do not like, condone or encourage war, but if we can and must, then let it as a nation, united for the same cause of equal justice under the law and the pursuit of happiness and freedom for all.

There is a joke that you may not have heard, "Someone uttered to a politician, where is MY happiness that is guaranteed by the Constitution?' The politician smile back at them and said: 'the Constitution didn't promise happiness! Only the freedom to pursue it!" : )

Posted

To Majority Leader Reid, Speaker Pelosi, and all those who fought for repeal --

Thank you for your leadership in making sure "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is repealed before the end of the year.

Because of your commitment, gay and lesbian members of our military will be able to serve equally and openly. We are proud to stand with you.

Many people say that GLTLQ are less then, what ever, and for us who are men, that we are not REAL men,.......This says, Yes we are, and we can fight and serve and lay down our lives, for our Country. Thugs and bullies, will in time understand, that it is America's diversity and tolerance, we are many, made one, in the name; Amer-I-CAN!
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Andre Zitouniadis

Posted

It's about time!

Posted

Please pray for me, for I am a bit loss, at this time in my life.
Yes, I did work very hard with those in Washington for many years now (under the radar, for good and change) and am of of a sudden I think in a whole new world. and especially at this time of year, (my feast day is coming up December 23, when at 18, in the middle of Mass, Father Disney (No joke that is his name) invited me to come up, and Baptized me not only in front of the whole Church, but my Mother who had opposed it and forbade it, until I was free from her bounds and at 18, able to formerly request to be accepted into the Church, which I had to also had to fight her to be there as a witness, (Only God and the Holy Spirit, knows what I said to her, that made her, give in, that day, and drive me to the Church attend Mass, and witness, me being baptized), I am not sure, but it may have been along the lines," That if she didn't move her _at _ss, and drive me to Church, and attend, Mass and bare witness, to my inception, then baptized or not, I would take her and myself then and there, before the Thornie of God's judgement!" at which she turned deathly pale, dropped her cigarettes and cup of coffee even though in was late in the evening and rush to the car and complied. Like I said I do not KNOW nor remember the full content of what I said, but I do believe God's Holy Spirit came over me and through my mouth at 18, said what had to be said in order, to move her, beyond her hate of the Church, and me being gay. Many of the "saints" , it has been said (I do not claim to be one, for only Our Father in Heaven, can make that call, not the Pope in Rome, nor the College of Cardinals) have in one way or another "touched" in that most people thought them "crazy" from Joan of Arc to St. Francis of Assisi, for being 'touched by God, and oftentimes Forgive me for being honest here, I am ashamed to admit it and even more so scared to share it, That I have had Visions, of Angels, Our Father, and Our Lady, speaking to me, and in some of those visions, I was/ giving knowledge of things to come, although I was told not to share it with any one, for They, said that I" would be made and called into account of what I had said" and that was true enough. I was given the vision of many things including what happened on 9-11, and I was so shocked by what I had seen, that I had called many months before and told the authorities that, This was going to take place. and although, they laugh it off, after the event, I was followed, for almost two years, and I could hear, my phone line and computer "sounds" as though "someone" was listening what I wrote and where I went and to whom I had talked to on the phone. It was quite awful.
After about two years, it stopped, and I seldom say any thing now to any one about what was shared with me and what I saw. I will share this small thing with you all, I was in the Presence of the Almighty, and He lovingly bade me to follow Him which I did. He took me into the Bowles of Hell, and I saw my flesh burning, time and time again, for the agony would not stop, and although I was spared the pain of what I saw, I was given to understand, that If I in any way, altered, embellished, or spoke one word more then the Truth that was revealed to me that this would be my faith. So I am not sure why, but I am told to share that with you. I am quite sad for my relatives, for they choose to ignore me, at this time of the year, which is one of the reasons I left Virginia, as well as that I should come into the City known as
" The full name for Los Angeles is El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula."

The name comes from a Spanish expedition in California back in 1769. An expedition led by Gaspar de Portola arrived at what is now the city of Los Angeles, which back then was fertile ground by a river. They decided that this would be a good place for a settlement.

One of the members of the expedition, Father Juan Crespi, named the river El Rio de Nuestra Señora la Reyna de Los Angeles de Porciúncula. (The river of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of Porciúncula). The community that was later established on that site was therefore named after the river. El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reyna de Los Angeles de Porciúncula (The town of Our Lady the Queen of the angels of Porciúncula). We now just call it "Los Angeles" for short. "
There are some oddities that I should and feel that needs to be shared here.

I come from a family of 5 (As in the 5 wounds of Our Lord) and Yes you might have guessed it, I am the middle of the 5. my younger and only Sister is named : Renia, which, I've always thought, she was misspelling it (I thought it should and was spelled Rene, but as fate and faith would have it, "Renia, is closer to that of the Official name of Los Angeles being: "Reina " and My Youngest brother, with whom I have never met since he was abandoned by our Birth mother when he was less, then a year old, Michael, as in the Arch Angel St. Michael.

Almost anyone, who is close to God, or loves God, is going to be beset by demons, of which I have many all the time.

These demons are not made up nor imagine, but real, for the Devil wants, those who are "called" to fall.
So those closer to God are made to suffer untold horrors, so I beg you in all humility Please pray for me. for it makes me uneasy to bring about social change which I deem is in the best interests of not only humanity and justice, but also for the love of God.
There fore I suffer many demons especially now in this season, and that which I have work for and with so long in silence.
You just have to read any of the lives of "Saints" to see that this is so.

I do not extol myself as anything more then a humble servant of God, a title that even makes me cringe, for I am not here to exalt myself, but for the love of Christ, of His Father and the Holy spirit, I am nothing more then as are many of you, and affected sinner.

If it's any interests to you, I may share this: I, like so many others , Asked our Heavenly Father, Why me? "He Smiled" (No I didn't see Him, but when God smiles, it is to the soul as the Sun to a flower, "The Soul knows it's Creator"
And He said to Me: "I AM always talking to My children, every moment of every day, I AM always there, but, they choose not to listen, they care not to hear My Word in their hearts and souls." Which made me very sad, for if we, who we are, knows the pein of rejection, then how much more, pain is it for He that Created All things, and such a wonderful world and Our souls and every good thing we know, feel, when we, Choose to reject Him? May God have Mercy on us!

Hebrews 3:15 "Today, if ye will hear his voice," therefore harden not your hearts ..." and Psalm 95:7,8 and Heb. 3:15

Please, pray for me, I was Baptized December 23, and Chose the Name for St. Anthony as my own, as my patron.

Good thing I get tosee my Doctor today.

Posted

What did your doctor say, I worry, think and pray about you, you are truly a servant of God. You have brought me back to the fold, you have brought God back into my life, I accept Jeses Christ as my Lord and Saviour. You were meant to be on this Earth and on this site, you are truly blessed and are blessing us with your love and your knowledge about God. You are my spiritual savior and wonder what I would dov without you. God has brought you into my life and me into yours for a reason. I know the demons are after you, why wouldn't they be, you are a beautiful person spreading God's word, you are interrupting and spoiling the demons work and are making it harder for them to spread their evil, stay strong my brother in Christ,

Posted

Good always triumphs over evil, you will beat those demons and they know it. I believe you have seen visions and you have been chosen for a reason

Posted

See, that's why my foster mother got me glasses, so my visions) would improve!.

Someone been defacing my apartment door with a permanent marker, nothing written, because we might then know who it was, just harassment and at this time of your too.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pray for them. I think it is more than harassing, some one's trying to intimidate me, but, I am not. I am at peace especially since the Savour, is a carpenter, so I was able to remove it, with lots of elbow grease pray prayer, with no damage to the door, this has been the second time.
I like the fact that I can remove the mark with out damaging the door.
I am sad because it is mostly a act that a coward would do, because they can not look me in the eye, and talk out the problem or issue.

I have to go to bed darn medicines! Bless you, Andre