Kandy_Lomprez

For my fellow poetry lovers... - Writers Nook

Kandy_Lomprez
Posted

I'd like to recommend that you check out Chuck Perkins. http://voices.e-poets.net/PerkinsC/ I met him years ago, before I knew that slam poetry existed even. I'm eternally grateful to him for helping me feel more free with my writing. I was always so worried about rhyme and meter and such. He taught me that those things really aren't what's important. It completely changed the way I write. I hope some of you like his work! That's all. I'll quietly scurry off to my little, secluded cave now.

Posted

Just checked the link out. Very much enjoyed Freak of the Alchemist. Thank you for sharing :]

Posted

Thanks for posting this! He has a fantastic way with words and moods... so much character and expression. Almost feels like i spoke my feelings while asleep and he heard them and wrote Freak of the Alchemist.

Sandra_Rodrigo
Posted

Oh, I totally understand what you mean, Kandy!!! Thats how I've felt in the begining of my poetry class with the prof always stressing the meter.. I get rhythm, but this meter thing is hard for me... but since I read The Wild Iris collection I had a similar reaction And the link is interesting. Thanks for sharing!!! there's raw emotion in those words. ^^