Gaydar?? lol - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Ay!
So, this whole 'gaydar' thing... does it really work? Because I'm lesbian, and anytime I tell someone who is gay/lesbian or even straight, they're like: "Nuh uh! You are not!" So you tell me? If that's the case and 'gaydar' is just a myth, it explains why I only ever get hit on by 60 year old men. :P haha.

Piali_Mondal
Posted

er.....actually there's a gaydar, but it gets easily jammed! Someone can have no inkling about the orientation of other people but still call himself or herself an effective gaydar. So it all boils down to what you think of your own perception.

Posted

lol. that's what I thought. Cuz my friend is nearly right on EVERY TIME, but she makes a few mistakes. And I can kind of tell...? but I'm also the kind of person who feels she can turn even a straight girl bi, at least for a little while. lol. Man I sound conceited.. but I learned my tricks and ways from the best! lol

Posted

these sound like tricks I need to learn. first on the list is How to talk to girls 101

Posted

Just randomly walk up to a girl you think is cute and say something like: "I like your shoes/shirt." or even be a jokester and be like: "I like your face. its cute." lol. don't be shy, the worst they can do is walk away. I've done it. I just strike up a conversation and talk about anything.. If she's shopping, I say, "oo, I like those!" you know? just talk about something she's doing.
Or be really bold and just be like, hey, I think we should hang out sometime. You seem really cool.

A compliment ALWAYS get's the girl. The trick is to be confident with yourself. Even if she wont date you, wouldn't you rather be friends than never see her again? Friendships sometimes make the perfect relationships...

lol. Sorry, I tend to ramble!! :P

Posted

But how do you get through that nervousness that comes with approaching someone. I just end up warning them that they make me nervous but I'm trying anyway and that usually starts the conversation...

Although that doesn't always go well.

Posted

lol. It's hard! Just pretend you're talking to a friend. Make eye contact. Fake cool. I usually shake and freak out when talking to someone I like that's new... but I've gotten really good at pretending to be calm and collected. Then they're like: "damn! she's got confidence!" and I faked it all along!! haha.

Be goofy, fun, and if you mess up, make up a joke for it. If you mess up your words, be like: "Well, it sounded better in my head!" humor always works. Just never be afraid.

Posted

lols, that's so funny. Some of those things I do already because I've been sales for over a year already. It's the nervousness which gets to me. If a women is just like truly gorgeous I'm too nervous to not make a fool of myself.

Mary-j0y
Posted

i wish i had a good gaydar! its kinda hard to tell if girls are st8 or not but i cant talk to females anyway the make me way to nervous, i think some people have it and some dont, and i dont ;( o welll i luv all woman anyway .........well most lol

Posted

lol. I can kind of tell if someone's bi/gay/les or at least curious. and when I see a girl I think is hot, I freeze up. I'm like: "aahhhh uuhhhhhh.... heeeee hee!" lol And I'm a cashier. I end up screwing up all of my words and they laugh and smile, and I'm like: "er, sorry.. I'ma, It's been a long day!" It does get hard. but, you can do it with determination.

jessicazylee
Posted

there's been actual studies done on "gaydar", most noticeably on the ability of gay men to tell other gay men by their gait. however, there's more evidence that gaydar is not actually via sight.... rather, it's scent. a study done ~5 years ago went like this:

men and women wore tshirts for an entire day with no other scents or deodorant. after wearing the shirts, the shirts were cut into panels, and ppl were invited to sniff them. there were a lot of interesting findings.

irregardless of age, sex or orientation, everyone felt "soothed" by the scent of elderly women. they found that homosexual men "liked" the scents of other homosexual men, and liked the scents of younger homosexual men the most. heterosexual men enjoyed the scents of young women, and felt "aggressive" around the scents of young heterosexual men. heterosexual men had no aggressive feelings to the scent of homosexual men.
however, no conclusive results were found from women to other women regardless of the orientation of the wearer or the sniffer.

just gisting the results, there was a lot more, but basically no one had any differences between hetero or homo women.

Posted

so what you are trying to say is that women don't usually have a gaydar? That's interesting. Science says that women can smell bad smells easier so they can catch the musk of men's pheremones ( as if you need pheremones to tell when a man is horny) but their according to this study their attraction isn't based on pheremones. Well I guess that explains why so many women complain of having no gaydar.

jessicazylee
Posted

it means that there seems to be no pheromone difference between gay and straight women.
many theories claim that homosexuality in males was for three reasons
1) eliminate competition for females between brothers
2) aid in the conquest of women for their straight brothers
3) assist in the care of offspring, particularily that of their sister's
in addition, there is evidence that female sexuality is not as binary as male sexuality. sexuality in females is a community building technique, i.e. ur neighbor is more likely to help u if u give it up for them. hence why females are more easily "turned" either which way, than males are.

Posted

Now that is a much better explanation. I realized long after I posted my reply that it made no logical sense. thanks for clearing that up.

jessicazylee
Posted

np. i am trying to look for the original study on lexis nexus, but i can only put in "gay smells" in the search engine....