Elle_Hime

i cant wear the things i want to wear at work - Lesbian Ladies

Elle_Hime
Posted

it sucks so bad when you cant wear the things you want to wear at work we dont have any uniform nor dress code but my sister that i work with says i cant wear my bandana or head band at my work because we are teachers and its in appropriate for kids to see me looking like a rocker chick or a punk and thats gonna be a bad impression to parents that i talk to . i th.. so i am just wearing preppy shirts and jeans which most of the time im not comfortable with because its just not my style

Posted

no dress code = wear what you want. its a head band not a drug reference t-shirt or booty shorts and a see thru tank top

Posted

just make sure its not in anyway offensive and you wear it well.

Posted

I'm not sure exactly where I stand on this. I would normally agree with Alyssa, but in my opinion teaching is one of those jobs where you need to look a little more professional. It the principle says it's okay to wear your bandanna or headband to work then go ahead and don't care what your sister says. But I think that it's possible to find something punky or whatnot that suits your personality but that's also dressy enough to be professional without feeling preppy. Kids can probably relate better to someone who is being true to themselves and dressing a little more hip and modern. Ok, so I know the way I wrote this is kind of confusing...I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe you could find a style that works for you that you could "dress up" and not feel like a prep. I guess I'm just kind of old fashioned. It's the way I was raised and I can't help it some times.