Catherine_Nance

Not too young to be what I am!!!! - Lesbian Ladies

Catherine_Nance
Posted

I get really PISSED OFF when someone finds out I'm 20 and then finds out I'm a lesbian and then tells me I can't be because I'm too young to have decided that. WTF!!!!! First of all I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be a lesbian. It's what I am. Second, what the HELL does age have to do with anything? I'm too young to know what I love? Really?

Posted

Im 19 and every time someone tells me how do u know u r maybe u havent found the rite boy for u! I just say boys r gross to me wat ever they have I KNOW i dont want it!!

Posted

im 18 and they say the same thing. and i just tell them, you know what? if i could like boys i WOULD but i dont so i cant. when i look at a girl im sexually, emotionally, and physically attracted. sure boys are nice sometimes, but none of that i feel towards a boy.

Lindsey_Carter
Posted

I came out to everyone when I was 19. And even my friends were a little taken aback and wondering if it was just a "phase". Because I had been dating guys for 2 years. But I live in a very small Bible belt southern town where I barely knew anyone who was gay. All my friends were straight. All my friends friends were straight. My mother had died a few years before and my father put enormous emphasis on being "normal" and not bringing any "bad" attention to myself or him since he's the sargeant of the police department. So for about a year at least I had most people thinking I was just going through a phase or I just haven't found the "Mr. Right" or that I just wasn't getting attention enough from guys. It was crazy the type of reasons they came up with. Even the few other lesbians in my town doubted me. But I was already in a relationship with a girl and I stayed in that relationship for 2 years and I've dated around now enough that no one doubts me anymore. I think a lot of the lesbians here still do in a way because my friends are straight and I don't make a special effort to ditch my old friends to hang out with them but thats because I don't feel like I have to define my whole life as a label. Just because I'm lesbian doesn't mean my friends have to be gay. The lesbians around where I live are into constant partying and drama. Being a college student, I just can't live that lifestyle. So what I say to these people are who cares what you think, I live my life for myself and not for anyone else's approval. I think people are very aware that sometimes young girls like around 15 and 16 come out as "bisexual" and its just experimenting and for attention because they're so young still and then when they get over that they turn back into "Ohhh no I'm so not gay", that confuses a lot of people as to who really is and isn't gay. This happens A LOT around where I live. But I think past that stage, if you're still really attracted to only femals people should just accept that you're a lesbian.

Posted

I think it's easier in a way to come out when you're younger, you can develope all those important skills like flirting and talking to girls, it's a lot harder to learn when your older...but ya younger lesbians aren't taken seriously because people think they're just trying on an identity or that they'll change their mind.

Posted

I never had that problem with friends or classmates because I wasnt the type that dated guys. I had never had a serious relationship with a guy so when they found out I was lesbian they accepted it and I became more open. plus most my friends were guys and I never even hugged them. the one person who thought it was a phase and is just now getting the hint is my mother for about 4 years she thought it was a phase until I asked if my 3 or 4 girlfriend could come over and then she broke down. but even after a break up she tries to get me to try guys but this last time she said that she has had as much trouble with men and she hasnt switched either so I think she is finally getting it.

Krista_Erickson
Posted

im 22... and i had a problem coming out to everyone when i was 17 with first girl i dated but since then everyone just knows it wasnt a faze. Hello im still gay! lol
took my parents awhile to ajust but im glad they did. =)

Alanna_Christine
Posted

i came out way younger o_O i was like...13 or 12 or something. but i came out as bi, and i shifted identity between bi and lesbian for a while. right now, although i'm in a heterosexual relationship, i still prefer women but am so obviously bi. i resisted the label for so long because of the negative connotations, but there's nothing around it. i love women all the time and sometimes i love men. being attracted to girls has never been a phase for me and i've never wanted it to go away. my only identity struggle was how others perceived me. (which i don't give a shit about now)

Chelsea-Dee_Jolly_Hayward
Posted

i feel you, i remember thinking i was gay when i was about 9 or 10, i said to my mum that i thought i was gay and she laughed and told me that i just find girls pretty.. well I fully came out when i was 15 and i'm lucky everyones been so cool with it, but it gets on my nerves when people question my sexuality... like how do you even know if you're gay?! WELL SAME WAY YOU KNOW YOU'RE STRAIGHT?!

Posted

my saying is take me as i am or dont take me at all , no one has a right to question u ,u are who u are, and people need to butt out with that type of stuff , hell i came out when i was 11 and i told every one to just deal with it but i agree that pisses me of 2 : )