so im 18 as of 2 weeks ago
and im so confused as to what to do
i just became a christian not to long ago and im getting baptized in september
my youth pastor is total homophobic and gets on me a lot though
he is all like 'you can like girls just dont do anything about it'
saying pretty much i should do things with guys
BUT SERIOUSLY?!?
i cant go and do something with a guy if i dont feel things for guys
and my GIRLFRIEND (whom he doesnt know about but he knows the girl cuz she is from my youth too) loves me
i dont wanna break up with some girl because my youth pastor says so
i just.. guhhh i dont know what to do
but i dont want him on me 24/7 because im a lesbian.

Heather_Darby
Posted

First off, congratz on becoming a christian!

Second off, I'd find a new church. Not all churches have pastors who are complete homophobes. If this pastor doesn't understand or agree with a major part of who you are, he will ALWAYS be trying to change that. I don't want your newfound church/religion to get in the way of your relationship with your girlfriend!

You are not the problem here, your pastor is! Also, what he's saying about "you can like girls but dont do anything about it" is wrong too, because according to the bible simply THINKING about sinning is a sin. So really, if he's right (which I don't think he is) and being a homosexual is a sin, then there's really nothing we can do to stop sinning. I for one would always be thinking about girls even if I had a boyfriend...

Posted

Look for a gay accepting church in your area.

If you live in a big city (or even near one) you can probably find one.

The United Church of Christ is very gay friendly.

They even have gay clergy.

Look in the Yellow Pages under "churches" and see if there is any United Church of Christ in your area.

Also, the Unitarian Church is very gay friendly and very supportive.

See if there is a branch of "Unity Church" in your area.

Some Episcopal Churches are also gay friendly.

Look for the words, "open and affirming" in a church's literature. That usually means the church accepts gays as they are and does not condemn us.

More importantly, it generally means the church will not try to change our orientation.

Because any church that is under the illusion of changing gay people into straight people is not being realistic.

The overwhelming scientific evidence is that sexual orientation is just about never changeable.

In a small number of people, orientation can be a bit fluid.

But thay should not cause anyone to think that is is changeable for most gays.

Hang in there.

Love from Hawaii

Posted

You are Loved!

I am not a Doctor..... nor will I claim to be wise, but I will claim that which is mine!
That Jesus Christ Died for ALL of US and no one can judge the Human Heart save He that created it!

Youtube vids to cheer you up (Your Spirit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUZCBK-css

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZQDidDDss&feature=related

You are beautiful, and God so Loves you, you are not excluded from His Love.
God Is Love, there fore Loving is not bad/wrong or a sin!

I think GLBTQ has a place in Gods plan for the salvation of Humankind, in spite of themselves!
www.gaychristian.net/

www.gaychristians.org/

www.gaychurch.org/

www.gaychristian.net/gcnradio/

http://www.whosoever.org/v4i4/youth.html

In Short I neVer do anything long! : )

Do your Homework! No! Not that homework, OK that home work is important too! But Google&gt GayChristainTeens or Just Gay Christians Because there are a lot (No that isn't a pun on Sodom and Gomorrah!) Jeesh really! resources at your finger tips call the net, Use it! Here what I have come up for you so far!

Young, Gay, and Christian!

by: Steve Payne, Youth Pastor of GCYM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Being young, gay, and Christian doesn't seem to be a reality for some people. But I'm living proof! It isn't the easiest thing to be. I thought being a Christian is hard. Try being "Young, Gay and Christian." When you put those three together, it is a lot more complex at times.

My name is Steve Payne, and I am the president of GCYM (Gay Christian Youth Ministries). Being a youth myself and growing up in a church, I've gone through the hardships of being a Christian who happens to be gay. The Lord has laid it on my heart to minister to the out cast GLBTQ youth of our society and bring them back to Christ.

The purpose of GCYM (Gay Christian Youth Ministries) is to rebuild what has been torn down by the misuse of scripture by churches and the Religious Right. Through peer counseling, Bible based advice, and affirming the love of God, His Word on the issue of being gay over comes youth confusion. For the Apostle Paul states at 1 Corinthians 14:33a, "God is not a God of disorder (confusion) but of peace."

When I first accepted the Lord on October 31, 1992, I thought I knew enough of God's Word to get me by. I knew I had problems with my sexuality, but I wasn't going to let that stop me in serving the Lord. Even though at one point in 1998, I decided that I wasn't going to go to church because I was afraid that God didn't love me. For six months I didn't attend a church or pick up a Bible. I was afraid of being criticized for being gay. We can have hope through God's Word at Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Compare 1 John 4:16, 19)

It wasn't until I went to my church (Sunland Foursquare Church) that I started going to when I was 12 years old. I thought that God would help me become straight like all my brothers and sisters in church were. I thought, 'does anyone else have these feelings that I have?' I would ask myself this question several times. I got to a point that I almost told my best friend and Youth Pastor that I felt that I had homosexual feelings. But I was scared to share these feelings because I thought I would get kicked out of my church.

I read all the passages that condemned homosexuality and I thought they were true, because it was God's word. In November 1998, I went to my pastor and I told him that I had read all the Scriptures, and said that I had homosexual feelings. I was surprised because he didn't condemn me. I started attending every service held at the church (Sunland Foursquare Church) and devoting my life to Christ. I had my ex over where I was staying in a house (that the church purchased), and was living with a fellow brother in Christ.

One day, one of the our elders and the brother living with me sat me down and prayed over me to rebuke the spirits of homosexuality, pedophilia, to name all the partners that I had, and smoking, and other sins that was accused of. Then the pastor's wife basically told me to either serve the Lord or stay in sin. Both times I was crying. I was confused. I wanted to serve the Lord, but after I prayed and confessed I didn't feel a change. It got to the point that I couldn't stand suppressing my feelings, I got back with my ex and I told him that we are going to a gay affirming church. From then on I started studying God's word with Bible helps, and asking questions and really started seeking the Lord. Also, Frank rededicated his life back to Christ.

When I was growing up in the church, I knew that the Lord wanted me in ministry. Where? I didn't know and when I found out it was hard because a gay Youth pastor didn't seem too plausible to me.

I started going to a gay affirming church, after about six months, I asked the pastor if we could have an outreach program for Youth. His response was that there were to many legal issues. The Lord had put in me the desire to minister to youth. Then one night in April 1998, I started to build a web page for gay youth.

Our Purpose and Goal

GCYM has been on the Internet since April 1998, and is still active presently. Our hope is that God will expand it so that we may hold Bible studies and do more then what we are currently. With trials that GCYM has gone through, we still haven't given up. As God's Word states, 'its not by might, nor by power, but by the spirit of the Lord!!! When I first started GCYM, I was 18 and now I am 20 years old. I have received hundreds of emails and thousand of people have visited GCYM since it has been up. Please stand in prayer that those that are searching for truth in the GLBTQ Community will come to terms with their sexuality and Christianity. Most important, that our Christian Faith comes first above all else and then our sexuality. God doesn't look on the outside for appearance, but the heart and he loves us no matter what. If we are right with God, and follow his commandments, we are righteous in his eyes. He loves each and everyone of us. There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God. For Paul encourages us and says, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39.

Romans 8:1 says: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." We can have a relationship with Christ for if we are in Christ there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. He loves us for who we are.

Our Goal for the year 2000, is to reach as many teens as possible. We know that our time on this earth is short. We need to keep our eyes on the prize, the everlasting life that is awaiting us.

Footnote:

"Twenty-six percent of young gay and lesbians are forced to leave home because of conflicts over their sexual orientation." Paul Gibson, U.S., Dept. Of Health and Human Services (Report of the Secretary's Task Force on Youth Suicide, 1989)

"When adolescents do come out, they are usually alienated from peer groups and other social groups. Even the adult gay population often turns a cold shoulder in fear that they will be perceived as a 'recruiter' if they offer assistance. Lesbian, gay and bisexual teens are often hesitant to seek help from school counselors or teachers." Thomas W. Marino, To be young and gay in America, Counseling Today, May, 1995.

"Suicide is the leading cause of death for gay and lesbian youth." Paul Gibson, U.S., Dept. Of Health and Human Services

Copyright ©2000 by the author
All rights reserved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Nicole,
First, welcome to the family of Christ. I am happy that you have decided to follow Christ and I pray for an awesome experience in your relationship with Him.

Now, as for your youth Pastor, I am afraid there may be nothing you can do to stop him from getting on you 24/7 for being a lesbian. You would have to deny who you are; who God made you to be in order to satisfy the Pastor and that is not a good thing. I agree with those who recommend gay friendly churches. Sometimes they are hard to find, but when you do find one, might I suggest you make sure it is a full gospel, bible teaching church.
I am a Christian [first] and I am a lesbian. It has taken me a very long time to be ok with that combination, but I am. I have learned that the bible truly does not say anything against two people [of any gender] who are loving one another and committed to one another. Being gay is not a sin. One site that has helped me tremendously is http://christiangays.com/
They are great people and offer many resources. Good luck with everything and don't let anyone tell you that you cannot be a Christian and gay too. Enjoy your relationship with your gf and enjoy your relationship with Christ.
God bless you.
Susan

Posted

HEATHER OMG YOU ARE SOO RIGHT!!! i could never stop thinking about girls if i tried, i mean, just for example, IM A HORMONAL TEENAGER!! haha, i mean im not gonna have sex, but seriously i cant stop my thoughts.

HAWAII : yeah i see what you mean but the thing is, the rest of the church loves me for who i am, even the PASTOR, just not the YOUTH pastor. and now that im 18 im out of youth. so im not really sure. cuz my girlfriend goes to my church and so do 99% of my friends, so i dont exactly wanna change. i go to a baptist church.

OMG ANDRE... Dont Give Up... omg that song made me cry and like omg....
Andre that was soo long and like omg.. thanks it made me feel a lot better

and Susan, awe thank you im glad to be following him. Susan, thank you so much that was a great help God bless you too

God Bless all of you thank you everyone

Nicole

Posted

Sister Nicole,

You are welcome, but get the tissue box here's another one (Well, maybe more then just one!) LOL!

Forgive the French Introduction, there's a surprise in this song, it isn't just for the guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myTzrtr46dI&feature=related

O;~)

Next tissue please~ ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn1W3cl400&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqxHnlawPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GsYjBy8_s

Please don't bill me for tissues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBUhGkMUoEI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSo04WA_JM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_MydgRFZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrCE6HoC0U&feature=related

You are blessed! God doesn't make mistakes! You are here by His Will,......and you are who and what you are because He wills it!
Ask any one in China who Str8 Families can only have 1 child By law because they are over crowded with people.

The main reason for our space program (Although they will deny it) is because soon, the world will have too many people in it, even with all the disease, wars, and all the rest to support us. (Humans)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Li1N-A56M&NR=1

And after Pandora had open the Box and released all sorts of evil, plagues, malice, and war upon Humankind, she looked to see if there was anything else, *As if that weren't enough, and on the bottom of the box, was a word with four letters, and it read,.................................................................... "HOPE!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLX7h54jIg

You, are our Sister in Christ, and you and yours are beloved, remember that!
In our hearts, prayers and lips we commend you Our Sister in Christ! Amen!
Pax!

Posted

i love who i am, i just hate it when people are homophobic, or when people dont love everyone. Everyone is special in one way or another, the world is beautiful.
Wow that pandora's box thing really.. wow... its so impacting and amazing, honestly, truthfully, i just changed it to my facebook status (yes im a loser)

Thank you so much Andre, thanks you

Posted

OK, Lets go high tech, out of (Yeah I know this is gross) Out of all of your fathers millions of little sperms, YOU were the One who made it! You were born a fighter and a survivor, you had those instincts even before you were a "Egg", (So I guess that makes you a really good "Egg" (We won't mention the chicken egg recall in my State, CA. but I hope you understand what I am trying to point out.
Every time, when I think of myself as ugly because I was told that over and over again, I feel bad when I see someone whom I think is perhaps uglier then me,.........(Does that make me a bad person, because I think to myself, "Thank you God at least I am not that person!" I have ten toes and fingers and all of my body parts, then I see someone who doesn't have then or all of them, and yet ya know what, They can still smile at me, I get stunned! I can share horror stories of my past, yes things are tough, for today's Youth gay and otherwise, but At least they didn't and will not put you in a mental Hospital, give you drugs you didn't really need because being gay ISN'T a sickness. I can share with you the countless beatings and rapes I received there not only by the older stronger boys, but also by members of the Homophobic Nursing staff members who also (Not many but some) would also beat and rape me. (Usually not the same person.) Yes there were some Heroes that stood up for me, same even placed themselves in harms way to protect me, and it gets better, their were/are str8! I can not tell you how very grateful to them I am. I will remember them to the day I step in Heaven. I will share with you other things. I was often lock naked in isolation rooms, with nothing but a cold vinyl mattress, that I used to cover myself in my shame as the other patients would pear in at me as the with down to the chow line. I was given shock treatments, which I am not sure that they actually did or that I was so scared of them doing that, that they did do it. I am not looking for pity points, they have never help anyone, unless they were or are moved to acts of compassion. The years there and at another state run asylum are now close, not because they are not still needed they are, we see people everyday, incapable of having or holding on to a picture ID fill out paper work, answer questions or know where to go to get help, medicines, baths, housing food or soup lines, they Need Our help. Most of the Mental hospitals were emptied for two reasons (that I can think of) To balance the US Budget, Emptying the Hospitals, fire all the Doctors nursing staff and support staff, house keeping, maintenance and so on, The other reason why they were close? Most of them were extremely old buildings, old Buildings with not only lead paint but asbestos as well. God only knows how many of us are now sick because of that. You know what, they are still there, because it would cost too much money to tear them down and they are toXic sites. I will not bore you with the scars and the number of times I attempted to take my own life, I didn't hate life, God or even people who abused me even members of my family (We won't go there) I ran away many times with no where to go, no one wanted to listen ,cared to or even believed me when I told them the Truth, They Didn't care, after all I (in their minds deserved what I got-I was a queer, a faggot, a walking damn soul, So they could care less. I was damned before I was born in their minds, and every beating or rape or even attempted murder, in their minds I deserved it all. In their minds they were doing Gods work, and yes they are still here today.

I did the best I could even though I didn't have a High school Diploma, so I lied.
and since I sorta grew up in Hospitals, I worked there, and in peoples homes, helping to give consultation to the sick the in firmed and dying and helped to save a number of lives also!

It is a great though awesome feeling to be needed, even better when you can look death in the face and say No! You are not going to take this life, I am going to save it.

I began a Neighbor watch in Hollywood, CA. We did good, maybe too good, we addressed the problems and with CRA my new Home Hollywood was rebuilt.
But as the Crime stats went down, the rents went up. And even though I was a hero to many, I could no longer afford to live there.

So now I live in Skid Row, one of the poorest neighborhoods here although the time that I have been here they have made great strides to make this Neighborhood safe, I am sorry this time I can not help them. I live in a building with with criminals, Drugs, and more is here and I can not disclose anything about the other tenets, but I have been Living with AIDS since 1985-6, but was infected when I moved here to get away from my Home state Virginia, which says "Virginia is for Lovers". but I left shortly after I was Arrested In a Gay Bar, because at that time Gay Bars as well as finding other gay men is illegal there in the Bible Belt home of CBN Pat's Robertson and Jerry Falwell, and their hypocrisy, and the laws That need to be stuck from the books.
Well, I am Old, I have been alone (yeah totally alone, no u no what either).
I don't see any reason to be with anyone unless it is for keeps.

I am not sure if what I wrote will assist you in your journey, I pray it might.
You are not a "Ugly Betty" or a "Loser Nicole". Growing is never easy, but take your time, stay safe.

And pray about and before you do anything, listen to the Holy Spirit of love in your heart.

Your Brother in Christ,
Andre!

Posted

HAHAHA andre i love you sperm story its my new fb status haha
oh my gosh Andre... i cant stop crying from your story. some things i have been through, i know are hard, but i cant even imagine some of the things you have went through. that isnt ever to do some of those things, i am soo sorry you had to go through all of that. wow..
i will take my time, i will pray, i will stay safe..
thank you Andre

Posted

Thank you Gracious Angel.
I am Trying to write my autobiography, Which, If I have my way, It should be called: "Doing Time on Planet Earth: A Christian Gays Journey"
Living it was Hell, and trying to break down the walls that hide all of the pain isn't pretty nor easy but: "We are to to be made pure like gold in fire" and the Bible assures us, that "God will draw forth from that which is evil -good!"
And "All things work together for good, for they that have Faith in God their Savior!"

Posted

That sounds like a pretty good title for it, i actually really like it
wow i bet it will be a really amazing book, good luck

Posted

omg that trailer made me cry...

Posted

awwwe its sweet, i love country music

Posted

I rewatched it again and ya know wat? At the very end of the song, there's a RAINBOW! and you notice that no one in the video was a man (well, the back up vocals, they were heard but not seen, and I think the Gates respersent heaven maybe?

Posted

hmm yeah.. maybe haha thats a cool thing to notice :P

Posted

Here are the Bibles other truths
SODOM AND GOMORRAH

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been used by people to condemn gays. The argument used by them is that God destroyed these cities because the people of these cities were homosexuals. In this section we will show conclusive BIBLICAL evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah were NOT destroyed because of homosexuals. The only book I will use to show this is the Bible. The Bible does not contradict itself because the it is the Word of God and God is not fickle.

The beginning of this story is found in Genesis 13:

Genesis 13:8-13

So Abram said to Lot, "Let's not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers. Is not the whole land before you? Let's part company. If you go to the left, I'll go to the right; if you go to the right, I'll go to the left." Lot looked up and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan was well watered, like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, toward Zoar. (This was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) So Lot chose for himself the whole plain of the Jordan and set out toward the east. The two men parted company: Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom. Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the LORD. (NIV)

Abraham and Lot were so wealthy that they had to separate because the land could not support both of them with all their family members, herds, and workers in one place Lot chose to move his family to the twin cities.

The next time we hear about these cities is in Genesis 18:16-33. Here God tells Abraham his plan for Sodom and Gomorrah.

Genesis 18:20-21

Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know." (NIV)

Abraham pleads for these cities because of his nephew Lot. While Abraham and God were talking, the other two angels go to Sodom. Let's read for ourselves what really happened that day:

Genesis 19:1-13

The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning." "No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square." But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate.

Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom both young and old-- surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." "Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door. But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door. The two men said to Lot, "Do you have anyone else here--sons-in- law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it." (NIV)

There are several major holes in the theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality. First, The idea that "all" the men of Sodom were gay is ridiculous. For one thing, Lot's daughters were pledged to be married to men of Sodom. Second, if all the men were homosexuals, why did Lot offer his daughters to appease them? What good would it do to offer a gay man a woman to have sex with? Finally, these people threatened Lot. If he didn't comply with their wishes they said they would do WORSE to him that to the two visitors. They were also trying to force the door down. They were obviously violent and they were trying to get at two unwilling guests. Whenever you mix sex with violence against an unwilling person you do not have homosexuality, you have RAPE.

There is another story in the Bible in which the same thing happened:

. Judges 19:13-27

He added, "Come, let's try to reach Gibeah or Ramah and spend the night in one of those places." So they went on, and the sun set as they neared Gibeah in Benjamin. There they stopped to spend the night. They went and sat in the city square, but no one took them into his home for the night. That evening an old man from the hill country of Ephraim, who was living in Gibeah (the men of the place were Benjamites), came in from his work in the fields. When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, "Where are you going? Where did you come from?" He answered, "We are on our way from Bethlehem in Judah to a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim where I live. I have been to Bethlehem in Judah and now I am going to the house of the LORD. No one has taken me into his house. We have both straw and fodder for our donkeys and bread and wine for ourselves your servants-- me, your maidservant, and the young man with us. We don't need anything." "You are welcome at my house," the old man said. "Let me supply whatever you need. Only don't spend the night in the square." So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink.

While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him." The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing." But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. (NIV)

Notice the similarity in the stories. Compare Genesis 19:4,5 with Judges 19:22.

Genesis 19:4,5

Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-- both young and old-- surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Judges 19:22

While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."

In the account in Judges the wicked men were appeased with the female concubine. This proves they were not homosexuals. They were after sex for power or rape. If you read further you'll learn that the tribe of Benjamin was almost totally destroyed because of this incident. Neither the tribe of Benjamin nor the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished because of homosexuality. Both of these accounts clearly describe rape. What the men of Sodom were going to do to the angels in Genesis was what the men of Gibeah did to the traveler's concubine in Judges.

Why were Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? What were the grievous sins that God judged them worthy of such destruction? What was the great outcry God was referring to in Genesis chapter 18? We don't need to wonder. The Bible tells us exactly why these cities were destroyed.

Posted

Ezekiel 16:48-50

As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, your sister Sodom and her daughters never did what you and your daughters have done. "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. (NIV)

Ezekiel Chapter 16 is an allegory God used to compare unfaithful Jerusalem to an adulterous wife for committing religious adultery. As you can see God listed the sins of Sodom. No homosexuality is listed there. Those detestable or abominable acts mentioned refereed to the religious rituals popular in that time. We will cover these in the section on false gods.

Deuteronomy 29:22-26

Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the LORD has afflicted it. The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur-- nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in fierce anger.

All the nations will ask: "Why has the LORD done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?" And the answer will be: "It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the LORD, the God of their fathers, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt. They went off and worshiped other gods and bowed down to them, gods they did not know, gods he had not given them. (NIV)

Moses was about to die and he predicted the scattering of Israel and the destruction of the land like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. This destruction of Israel was not prophesied because of homosexuality but because of religious infidelity. This is quite in line with the context of the entire Bible. Of course God promises their restoration in Deuteronomy chapter 30. This complete restoration is about to happen in the end times, but that is another study.

Amos 4:11

"I overthrew some of you as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire, yet you have not returned to me," declares the LORD. (NIV)

If you read the book of Amos you find that God promises to overthrow Israel as He overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah for three things: turning away from God which is religious unfaithfulness, being evil to the poor and living selfishly. Homosexuality is not even addressed.

Jeremiah 23:13,14

"Among the prophets of Samaria I saw this repulsive thing: They prophesied by Baal and led my people Israel astray. And among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen something horrible: They commit adultery and live a lie. They strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his wickedness. They are all like Sodom to me; the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah." (NIV)

Here is yet another comparison of the promised judgment of Israel to the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah. Once again the theme is religious unfaithfulness, not homosexuality.

Matthew 10:11-15

"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. (NIV)

Here, Jesus Christ compares the sin of Sodom to the sin of faithlessness in people who reject the Gospel and inhospitality.

Matthew 11:20-24

Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." (NIV)

Here the Lord again makes reference to Sodom's destruction as he talks about unrepentant cities that refuse to believe in him or his miracles. This is about religious unfaithfulness and unbelief, not homosexuality.

If you don't know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you can know him right now. Don't be guilty of not believing in Him. Here is what Jesus himself said:

John 3:16-18

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (NIV)

Notice that Jesus said WHOEVER believes in him shall have eternal life. The condemnation is reserved for WHOEVER does not believe in Him. He made no mention of homosexuals in this passage.

If you recognize that you are a sinner and need Jesus to be the Lord of your life then it is a very simple process. Ask God to forgive you of whatever has separated you from Him. That is what sin is. When you ask Him that he will forgive you:

I John 1:9-10

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. (NIV)

According to Romans 10:9,10 all you have to do is:

...confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (NIV)

At the end of this article is a simple sample prayer that you can pray. There is also some other information you will want if it is your desire to receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.

If you have known Jesus as your Lord and Savior but felt you had to walk away because you are gay, come back to Him. He has never left you. Repent of whatever you have done to hurt yourself, others and God. He is just waiting for you with open arms. He understands it was all a misunderstanding. His love never fails.

Psalm 36:10-12

O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise. (KJV)

Psalm 48:9

Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love. (NIV)

Give your heart back to Him and tell us about it. At the end of this article is some information for you if you have decided to rededicate your life back to God.
From the web site : http://www.christiangay.com/he_loves/sodom.htm

Posted

wow...

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Nicole, how are you and your girlfriend doing, stay in touch, we care, Andre, you are so beautiful

Posted

It is my most ardent wish, that we form,sustain: (To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for. 3. To support from below; keep from falling or sinking; prop. 4. To support the spirits, vitality,) Sorry one of my faults ( A minor offense or misdeed) is to give the meaning to the words I speak, NOT of any of this communities fault, but from my own insecurities, from studying, scripture, we can see how a word or group of words, may,can and many times do, become, mistook, or misunderstood, because while English is my native language, we all know that a word may have many meanings, and in the case of scripture, our collective foes and enemies (We do not hate nor see them as such, for that would only, in a sense give empower them, much as love has the same empowerment in the reverse fashion); in any case it is they, not us who have, to some degree, more or less, have now, and have always been at odds with us the GLBTQ community. From the time of Moses, where he declared that we and many others are to be stoned to death, (Even though Gods law; The Ten Commandments strictly forbade it!) the inquisition, of the medieval Church, To present day times; Adolf Hitler (Pink Triangles for Homosexuals
Because Hitler's plan for a great Master Race had no room for any homosexuals, many males from all nations, including Germany, were persecuted, tortured and executed. Hitler even searched his own men and found suspected homosexuals that were sent to concentration camps wearing their S.S. uniforms and medals. The homosexual inmates were forced to wear pink triangles on their clothes so they could be easily recognized and further humiliated inside the camps. Between 5,000 to 15,000 homosexuals died in concentration camps during the Holocaust. "Members and Friends of the International Association of Lesbian and Gay Children of Holocaust Survivors" ) .
You can watch the movie "Bent" or the Movie "Little Ashes --2008,Javier Beltrán, Robert Pattinson and Matthew McNulty star in the romantic drama about the young life and loves of artist Salvador Dalí A chronicle of the time where Salvador Dalí meets Federico .... This movie is based on actual characters, actual facts,(IMDB)
"to see some of this, to Current day practices in many so called third world countries, who still to this day execute Men who are Gay, (change.org gay rights) Taken from their site:
"The world should start to learn the name Ebrahim Hamidi. He's an 18-year-old man who is scheduled to be killed in Iran by state authorities because they think he's gay, and being gay in Iran will earn you a death sentence."
"Twenty Schoolgirls Arrested in Zimbabwe Homosexuality Crackdown"
"Gay Couple Saves Life of Homophobic Neighbor
by Michael A. Jones August 02, "
"Do the College of Prayer and Atlanta's Lilburn Alliance Church Support Uganda's 'Kill the Gays' Bill
by Michael A. Jones August 02, 2010 @ 02:43PM PT Topics: International Gay Rights "
(In any case you yourselves can go to the site, sign up, and sign petitions or Join The Human Rights Campaign and or AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL )
Whew! What I mean to say is that you are right We need to be here for one another, With love, compassion, empathy, prayers and love and support.
Educate if we can, to address the concerns of this communities individuals, fears, questions, about Faith, God, Our purpose for being here, and maybe to some extent, what our role is, in His Holy Divine Plan, for us to bear witness, to the love, strength courage of our members by sharing our personal stories and experiences.
To what ever degree we can, Together in His Spirit, remember the song and be it:
"This little light of mine: I'm gonna let it shine!"
Youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYLHAKtHQNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqqy8P9CZ48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUBwN8EA50o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlJC26-Ch0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UTH2-Vb_8&feature=related

Let's all pray for and thank Kenneth Tan for starting this group, with thanks and love.

Thank you Kenneth!
And God Bless you.

Love and peace to your all.
your Brother in Christ
Andre~+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Andre you are a true Christian, with what you have dealt with before and dealing with now, you are truly one of God's cosen and that's why you were put on this earth, i will buy your book, yours in Christ, marianne

Posted

wow Andre, Marianne is right, there is a reason you were put on this earth. you are hear to speak the word of God, to show that he loves everyone, gay or not, tall or short, you're here thanks Andre
and thanks Marianne, im actually, we are doing okay i guess
we are just trying to figure out a big jealousy issue we both have
we havent seen her, and she just got back from a trip
im supposed to see her at church on sunday but right after church she is leaving for a trip until saturday.. so i dont think we will get much time to talk
but we are working on it, thanks