Heather_Lee

My parents say I am committing sin and I say i'm in love... - The Gay Christian Network

Heather_Lee
Posted

How do I combat my parents crazy overbearing allegations that i am sinning...when i know it's love?

Nathaniel_Shane_Cox
Posted

what you need to assure them of is that Christ died for all of us. Christ didn't just die for the straight folks, the rich folks, the conservative folks, or any other specific group. Your faith in Christ will lead you to make the decisions that are to glorify Him. Your parents need to understand that, yes, while illicit. frivolous sex is, in fact, a sin, whether you're heterosexual or homosexual, a wholesome, monogamous relationship with one person is what is sanctioned as proper in the eyes of God.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

well said nathaniel, you are not sinning in the eyes of God, you are loving, which is what God wantsfor all of us, i just saw a documentary called because the Bible tells me so and i recommend it to everybody, gay and straight, Heather your parents may benefit from seeing it, I wish they would support you, their attitude makes your life that much harder, I hope you have a safe place to go to for support with other gays, take care, good locuk and keep in touch, we care!

Posted

Some times you can "educate" your parents other times not. They like others feel moral to condemn, that which they do not understand, and some don't want to. And they never will, and not even if Our Lord told them to (which He does,) that they should love you, hate fear and prejudice are powerful things. It is the easy way out, Love however is harder. It requires a willingness on their part to be-re-educate, to open up their minds and hearts and accept you as not only their daughter, but as a member of Christ's community.
I know of the despair, the loneliness, of being discarded, not only because I am gay, but became Catholic and in the mist of all of this, have been living with AIDS since maybe 1982-3, and even here, people treat me like a leper.
Even I they came forth and told me that their profile picture wasn't real, and I forgive them for that, they still leave. So you learn to love yourself. You have to. to take your medicine, and pray each night and day,........"God, let this be the day, or soon that they find a cure!" Open their eyes, to find it, for I am alone and in darkness. And see that too night be one of their fears, for you (Not AIDS) but will you be happy. You are their child, and they d o want good things for you.
LOL! I came from a really bad back ground where many in my family sexually abused me, and that was OK, they could deal with that, But not when I came out and said the words, I am proud to be who I am, did they retreated into the shadows of my life. My Mom and Dad are dead. Have been for sometime, But even they (I would like to think) would kick my brothers and 1 sister's butts for disowning me, these many years. Every morning I wake up and am amazed, I am still here, even though alone, I made it through another night and must face the day. You are my sister in Christ and I love you! You are also my sister being Lesbian, for we are different, unique, and show people that "Love, doesn't have a Gender; because souls do not, not do hearts. Nor does love require a religion or a church, it would be nice, but life isn't fair. Do not let they hate change you from a lover into a hater. Sometime we are called to rise above the circumstances we find ourselves in and blossom where we are planted. I read one lesbian's words I think here on this site and she said, " I would rather be hated for who and what I am, then to be loved for whom I am and can not be!" I know these are just words but I hope they help you somehow.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

that was so beautiful Andre, I agree that her parents want whats best for her, just going abou it the wrong way, but maybe the only way they know how. Andre, my brother, you are such a beautiful soul, that's why you are here on his earth to teach and spread the word of love and beauty, keep us in touch on your life's journey, you are truly blessed!

Veronica_Page
Posted

Dear Heather, 12 years ago I met the woman who I fell in love with on the very first instant I set eyes on her. I did not think of myself as gay and it came to mean that my whole life and view of myself would change because of this adorable woman who has been my life partner for 10 years. There was a time in our relationship where I had decided to walk on alone to follow God. My partner helped me to question the doctrine of the church and led me to a book called "What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" by Daniel A. Helminiak, Ph.D. It help me to realize that I and you dear heart are a child of God and He made you, He saw you before you were formed read PS139, He does not make mistakes and He is not capricious so as to consign you to a life of eternal sin because you love someone who happens to be the same sex as you. Put your faith in Him and not what people say.
Love in Christ
Veronica

Marianne_Messer
Posted

thank you veronica, i will read that also i hope it helps ou girl, in Christ

Posted

Thank you "Sister" Marianne.
I hope you will like this youtube songs links, May thy bring you comfort and solace and you are never "alone"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDRZMoJtkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbhBV_UxRdU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbAuTB8uLaQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsT4Q8OeCTg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwaebvWqEo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqxHnlawPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaVXikLjxU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMp_v-I9Z9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg2AYy4yO9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpNPedVQ0s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9ITsIaWZ4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4zxY1vF1w&feature=related

When we Love one another, It is God that make that Love possible, for "God is Love", So how can the author of the Human heart be wrong?

And it is How we Love each other, that proclaims that we are lovers of God.
That His Son didn't die in vain, we are here, we remain.
We are the vigil candles that stay lit in the darkest of night(s).
Until His return.

And those people who wish to create fear and confusion, with their so called "martyr bombings", Killing innocent people even member of their own faith,........We know they got it wrong when this happens:

Aug 12, 2008 ... Son of Hamas Leader Turns Back on Islam and Embraces Christianity, Mosab Hassan Yousef was born the son of one of the most influential ...

Jul 1, 2010 ... The son of one of Hamas' founders and ex-Israeli spy Mosab Hassan Yousef was granted political asylum in the United States.

I remember a story, That Caesar of Rome, had heard a rumor, that the Christians he had put to death, had smiles on their faces! so he went down to check it out, And sure enough, every last mangled body torn apart, by beast or torture, was indeed, from ear to ear, Smiling and seemed to be at peace.
This made Caesar so mad that he then set his city on fire blaming it on the Christians! You should remember that we had to meet in the graveyards underneath Rome known as the Christian Catacombs of Rome. They were guided there by a sign :
The history of the Christian fish symbol:
The fish outline is a logical symbol for the early Christian church to adopt. Fish are often mentioned in the gospels. This is what one would expect, if Jesus did most of his teaching in the Galilee. The synoptic gospels state this, although the Gospel of John denies it. Fish were a staple in the diet of Galilee.

Some gospel verses which mention fish are:

Mark 1:17: "Come after Me, and I will make you become fishers of men."

Matthew 12:40: "...Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Matthew 14:17: "And they said to Him, 'We have here only five loaves and two fish.'"

Luke 5:6: "And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking."

Luke 24:42: "So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb."

John 21:6: "And He said to them, 'Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.' So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish."

1 Corinthians 15:39: "All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fish, and another of birds."

Some Christians believe that a second link between their religion and the fish symbol is seen in the Greek word for fish (ichthus, spelled: Iota Chi Theta Upsilon Sigma). That is an acrostic which has many translations in English. The most popular appears to be "Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior" 16 [Iesous (Jesus) CHristos (Christ) THeou (God) Uiou (Son) Soter (Savior)]. Alternative meanings (in order of decreasing popularity on the Internet) are:

"Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior."

"Jesus Christ, of God, the Son, the Savior"

"Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Savior."

"Jesus Christ, God's Son, our Savior"

"Jesus Christ God Son Savior"

An acrostic is an "arrangement of words in which the first letter of each line ordinarily combines with others to form a word or words or the alphabet." 1

The Apostles were often referred to as "fishers of men". Followers of Christianity were called Pisciculi; the root of this Latin word is "fish". The symbols of "sacramental fish, with wine and a basket of bread represents the Eucharist and the Last Supper in Christian art." 2 The symbol was simple to draw and was often used among Christians as a type of password during times of persecution by the Roman government. If two strangers met and were unsure whether each other was a Christian, one would draw an arc in the earth like. If the other were a Christian, they would complete the symbol with a reverse arc: (), forming the outline of a fish.

According to Albatrus.org: "When threatened by Romans in the first centuries after Christ, Christians used the fish [symbol to] mark meeting places and tombs, or to distinguish friends from foes."

The symbol then resembles the first letter of the Greek alphabet, alpha. That recalls Revelation 1:8:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (King James Version).

It hard to imagine me at seventeen trying to enter as a novice into a order of Order of "Silent Monks!

Holy Cross Abbey - Berryville, Virginia A monastery of the Cistercian Order of the Strict Observance sheltered by the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
But My Fathers and Brothers believed that my vocation was to be outside in the world or at least I shouldn't take vows until I had a 'taste" of what it was that I was giving up. This has left me with a life long sadness. I am as they say a "fish" out of water here. I am more aware then most that this world is just a illusion or a testing ground, which I am working on my autobiography. "Doing time on Planet Earth!" You are in my thoughts, prayers and I commend you and the safety of your souls to God.

An Irish Blessing for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06D2zcGFuXQ

Pax!

Marianne_Messer
Posted

beautiful thank you

Posted

It is the duty of friends to share the beauty that surrounds us both! You are welcomed!

Marianne_Messer
Posted

how did you get to be so spiritual, you are aweesome

Heather_Lee
Posted

wow...i almost came to tears reading all the comments...wow...i don't even know how to begin to thank ya'll for your comments...i feel so uplifted and unsinnful (lol)...i am really speechless...the time and love that exudes from ya'lls comments is so overwhelming and awesome...i wasn't expected a response yet and then i get on and there are tons of edifying comments...i have already read everything twice and will continue to read so that all the wisdom sinks in...thank you Mr. Cox, Ms. Messer, Ms. Page, and Mr. Zitouniadis...your kindness is wonderful...forgive me that this message is short i am just in awe...never have i had elders that agreed with my life and then encouraged me in Christ...my beautiful girlfriend and i have been together ten and a half months and believe me the struggles have been horrific at times...BUT GOD...we want to get married in the near future and it is nice to hear from people that God condones my relationship...my love to you all...and again forgive the short message i just don't have enough words of gratitude nor do i have enough knowledge to comment...God be with ya'll...
in Christ,
Heather Lee

Marianne_Messer
Posted

heather lee, no thanks is necessary, when i asked for help about coming out on this site and even my first time with a woman, it was very warm and wonderful, stay with us, we are your friends in Christ and HE is with you and your girlfriend ALWAYS, marianne

Posted

The warmth of your smile is reward enough for me(us) Some people think love is only about sex, when it (In my opinion) isn't. I have loved many men and never would I endanger their love, companionship, fellowship with sex. I am not talking about you, just me. Our love and trust went beyond that and some if them may have been bi-or curious, and we'd joke about it even to the extent of taunting each other but nether of us would or could cross that line. Yes we;d hug and kiss (never on the mouth) foreheads and the top of their heads and even carried on the make the neighbors wonder, because we had the strength to poke back at them, their tiny minds and prejudges. I've had to remove myself from some of the groups here, instead of "reported" them for conduct that in my opinion should be between two people either words or pictures, I felt were inappropriate, for a pubic website, but I didn't want to seem prudish, even though I felt their words, pictures and so on were in fact lewd and lascivious, and some of them should have known better simply by virtue of their age,..........but alas, that wasn't the case, so I left the groups, instead.
I mean there's a time and place for everything, but not everything should be done or said in public. I am sure that we've all seen str8 people who crossed the line, with groping fondling, and felt that they should "get a room". but remain button lipped in the name of tolerance, which I would not extend if kids were around or watching. In any case you might check out Bishop John Shelby Spong's "Living In Sin?: A Bishop rethinks Human Sexuality" and or Google Gay Christians or Christians gays, and see what resources and support are near you, Off hand Dignity a Group for Gay Catholics and Integrity for Gay Episcopalians, and that's just a start! You are in Sir Elton Johns Words "Blessed!" And thank you too!

Posted

Here's the thing. Jesus never said a single word against homosexuals. And you know what, I'm sure if he encountered any he loved them and welcomed them like anybody else. I've said before how the key passage people quote about homosexuality comes from the old covenant, things that were rendered null and void through the new covenent in the blood of Christ.

Occasionally, people quote Romans to say that we are sinning in being who we are as Gay Christians. Did you know that the passage where St. Paul writes about "homosexuals recieving their due penalty" is mistranslated as there was not a word for homosexuals in latin or greek.

What it all boils down to is that we are justified through our faith in Christ.

I hope this helps you.

Yours in Christ,
Joey

Posted

In a certain sense we can twist the scriptures just like they do, if you read; Matthew 15:11 "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"
And Shakespeare said, "This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. ..."
basically, for me God and not man nor my love for mankind comes first-Always! Then as long as God and I are on the same page may I extend that love to others, as long as it is Love and not lust, using another person be it sexual or otherwise is always sinful, because you do not treat them as you, yourself would be treated. So Our Lord said : Mind you I claim no right to wisdom, no do I know God's will, but through introspection, contemplation, prayer, mediation I share these thoughts with you; "Teacher, what must I do . . .?"

2052 "Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" To the young man who asked this question, Jesus answers first by invoking the necessity to recognize God as the "One there is who is good," as the supreme Good and the source of all good. Then Jesus tells him: "If you would enter life, keep the commandments." And he cites for his questioner the precepts that concern love of neighbor: "You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother." Finally Jesus sums up these commandments positively: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."1

2053 To this first reply Jesus adds a second: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."2 This reply does not do away with the first: following Jesus Christ involves keeping the Commandments. The Law has not been abolished,3 but rather man is invited to rediscover it in the person of his Master who is its perfect fulfillment. In the three synoptic Gospels, Jesus' call to the rich young man to follow him, in the obedience of a disciple and in the observance of the Commandments, is joined to the call to poverty and chastity.4 The evangelical counsels are inseparable from the Commandments.

2054 Jesus acknowledged the Ten Commandments, but he also showed the power of the Spirit at work in their letter. He preached a "righteousness [which] exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees"5 as well as that of the Gentiles.6 He unfolded all the demands of the Commandments. "You have heard that it was said to the men of old, 'You shall not kill.' . . . But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment."7

2055 When someone asks him, "Which commandment in the Law is the greatest?"8 Jesus replies: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the prophets."9 The Decalogue must be interpreted in light of this twofold yet single commandment of love, the fullness of the Law:

The commandments: "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.10
The Decalogue in Sacred Scripture

2056 The word "Decalogue" means literally "ten words."11 God revealed these "ten words" to his people on the holy mountain. They were written "with the finger of God,"12 unlike the other commandments written by Moses.13 They are pre-eminently the words of God. They are handed on to us in the books of Exodus14 and Deuteronomy.15 Beginning with the Old Testament, the sacred books refer to the "ten words,"16 but it is in the New Covenant in Jesus Christ that their full meaning will be revealed.

2057 The Decalogue must first be understood in the context of the Exodus, God's great liberating event at the center of the Old Covenant. Whether formulated as negative commandments, prohibitions, or as positive precepts such as: "Honor your father and mother," the "ten words" point out the conditions of a life freed from the slavery of sin. The Decalogue is a path of life:

If you love the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his ordinances, then you shall live and multiply.17
This liberating power of the Decalogue appears, for example, in the commandment about the sabbath rest, directed also to foreigners and slaves:

You shall remember that you were a servant in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out thence with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.18
2058 The "ten words" sum up and proclaim God's law: "These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them upon two tables of stone, and gave them to me."19 For this reason these two tables are called "the Testimony." In fact, they contain the terms of the covenant concluded between God and his people. These "tables of the Testimony" were to be deposited in "the ark."20

2059 The "ten words" are pronounced by God in the midst of a theophany ("The LORD spoke with you face to face at the mountain, out of the midst of the fire."21). They belong to God's revelation of himself and his glory. The gift of the Commandments is the gift of God himself and his holy will. In making his will known, God reveals himself to his people.

2060 The gift of the commandments and of the Law is part of the covenant God sealed with his own. In Exodus, the revelation of the "ten words" is granted between the proposal of the covenant22 and its conclusion - after the people had committed themselves to "do" all that the Lord had said, and to "obey" it.23 The Decalogue is never handed on without first recalling the covenant ("The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.").24

2061 The Commandments take on their full meaning within the covenant. According to Scripture, man's moral life has all its meaning in and through the covenant. The first of the "ten words" recalls that God loved his people first:

Since there was a passing from the paradise of freedom to the slavery of this world, in punishment for sin, the first phrase of the Decalogue, the first word of God's commandments, bears on freedom "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."25
2062 The Commandments properly so-called come in the second place: they express the implications of belonging to God through the establishment of the covenant. Moral existence is a response to the Lord's loving initiative. It is the acknowledgement and homage given to God and a worship of thanksgiving. It is cooperation with the plan God pursues in history.

2063 The covenant and dialogue between God and man are also attested to by the fact that all the obligations are stated in the first person ("I am the Lord.") and addressed by God to another personal subject ("you"). In all God's commandments, the singular personal pronoun designates the recipient. God makes his will known to each person in particular, at the same time as he makes it known to the whole people:

The Lord prescribed love towards God and taught justice towards neighbor, so that man would be neither unjust, nor unworthy of God. Thus, through the Decalogue, God prepared man to become his friend and to live in harmony with his neighbor. . . . The words of the Decalogue remain likewise for us Christians. Far from being abolished, they have received amplification and development from the fact of the coming of the Lord in the flesh.26

So be it!