How do you get over a crush on a straight friend...? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

I was just wondering if any of you ladies has had a crush on a straight friend...and how you managed?

Posted

It just fades over time; there's really no other way. Your best bet is to distract yourself and try not to indulge in your daydreams/fantasies lest you drag it out and hurt yourself.

Posted

I'm really trying to distract myself with other things but...it really is hard because we do so much together. AND she confuses me with what she says sometimes, like throwing hints but I guess not really. I don't know...this is all just confusing. But I really appreciate that advice. I'm going to try harder to distract myself...

Sarah_Barton_36519
Posted

I can relate, I had a crush on a straight friend for several months (maybe a year...? haha) but it eventually did go away. It is tough when it's someone you're so close to. Seems like when you're apart you can convince yourself that you're over them, but as soon as you see them again, your heart melts. Again. Don't worry too much, it'll go away with time. You just have to be patient (easier said than done!).

Posted

I can totally relate to you and Amanda is right it fades over time especially if they are cool with you being gay. I have a lot of straight friends but the one I had the crush on happened to be like a sister to me (been friends since we were 5) and every time I do get to see her I get the big cheesiest smile and hug from her but I know that she is straight even though she may hit on me from time to time, I just don't get too overly excited that she does do or mentions things to me. I try to keep it strictly friendship based because I don't want our relationship to crash and burn. Its better to just tell them hey, I have a crush on you and I know your straight so please don't tempt me with things that you say. And if you can't be honest with them without them taking it the wrong way then I guess you aren't really friends.

Posted

I once had a crush on a straight friend,i fuck'd up with her coz i was unable 2 mmmmhhhhh.................let's say control myself,i tried but was totally weak(i did not tell her that i'm gay)***Things got quite messy between us.......i regreted it and that was it.So,i guess she should know d gayly aspect n try 2 distract yourself from doing something u'll later regret.ciao

Posted

Thanks...I have told her that I have a thing for her and that I know she is straight, but she still hints at things. She knows the gay scene because she is a 'fag hag' and she is proud of it. LOL...ugh, I guess only time will tell...

Posted

i know girls who actually always end up falling for straight chicks. i've been able to avoid crushes on straight friends thank god. @ro i would try as hard as it might be to avoid her little flirts and hints, you'll get over it. if you act it's pretty much a given that u'll end up in a world of hurt.

Posted

@ Kristin...I would never act on that because I respect her too much as a friend. I don't want our relationship to suffer. I think what I'm going to do is still hang out with her but...just keep thinking that I will find someone as cool as her and I won't be the only one with the feelings...sounds good right?

Posted

Posted

hell ya it sucks, but you just have to work through it. if she really is a friend she'll understand and you'll be able to keep the friendship alive. i literally fell in love with my best friend and it took me a longg ass time to get over her. you just can't indulge in those day dreams and fantasies, and keep yourself distracte. it fades over time, i promise.

Posted

everyone keeps saying that it will fade over time LOL...it's been over a year now and still...but I plan on focusing my attention on other things so I hope it will work out in the end.