Jaimee_LaRay_Richardson

What does it mean to be a true lesbian. - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Lol ok so I want to know what people think being a true lesbian means. According to a friend of mine it mean you can date any woman, you know how to please a woman better than anyone else and that you have never been touched by a man in their life. But I don't know so I am asking everyone one here. What do you think it takes to be a called a "true" lesbian.

Posted

same its girls that only mess with other girls..and not guys

Ashh_Lynn
Posted

not everyone starts out as a lesbian;
coming out and finding yourself is a gradual thing so just because you have been with a man in the past, it shouldn't define how "true" a lesbian you are.
really this concept is ridiculous. "lesbian" is really just a label and its everyone's personal choice whether they identify as one or not.

Kim_Lew
Posted

Hey, I think they dabbled at trying to tackle this issue in The L Word. I think it was the basketball episode where some of them *cough*Jenny*cough* told Tina to get lost cause she wasn't a lesbian anymore. And then Tina was saying she was still a lesbian because for her it was a political thing. Season 4, I think.
And yeah, I agree, it's a label for people who need one. Or you, when teachers & professors tell you to be succinct. It's a word that may describe you, to a very shallow degree, but its easier than describing yourself entirely, right?

Posted

I don't think past sexual relationships define what degree of lesbian you are. I think there are crappy lesbians and there are good lesbians, but it's not the fact that they're a lesbian or not, it's the fact that some people are just horrendous monsters. For me, being a true lesbian means being a gentleman. Treat your woman like gold, appreciate the little things, love your woman with all your heart and soul. It means being honest and open and comfortable with yourself, your partner and your sexuality. But I think that the above statement could have interchangable pronouns and should stand for every relationship, male, female, gay, straight or whatever the hell you kids want to call yourselves today.

Dawn_Condon
Posted

I believe that "Lesbian" can identify any woman, born or made, or man who identifies as a woman but is unchanged, who is sexually and emotionally attracted to other women. I think that males who identify as females and are still attracted to females can be considered lesbian, b/c they identify as female. So any female who likes another female, and wants to have a relationship with them, is a lesbian. I don't think that just because you have sex with another women, makes you a lesbian, b/c lets face it, you can have sex with anyone or anything, and it doesn't change who you are. it's the gender you want to have a relationship with that makes you gay, straight or lesbian. so a "true" lesbian can be a woman who has had sex with men before, but only meaningful relationships with women.

Dawn_Condon
Posted

Same with a man who sleeps with a woman, but is only able to have a meaningful relationship with another man. He's not straight for sleeping with the woman, and he isn't gay for sleeping with the man. He's gay because he wants to have a sexual and emotional relationship with a man. It's basically whatever type of relationship that makes a person feel that they are whole and can be completely themselves in. That is what it truly means to be gay/lesbian or straight. B/c straight people can have sex with the same gender, but don't find any emotional fulfillment. So they marry the oposite sex, but they can still be physically attracted to the same sex. Alot of my friends are straight (mostly woman) who have had sex with another woman at some point, and although they loved it, and would do it again, they would never consider a relationship with a woman, b/c they are straight.