Jesika_Anne_Ross

Interpreting the Bible - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

So I believe in Jesus, I like to interpret much of the bible, but I think of it differently than most christians it seems.

Evolution is non-negotiable to me, and in my opinion the story of adam and eve is a simplified story of evolution. No, the dinosaurs are not in the story, but how do you explain a microwave to a man in a tunic in the middle of the desert 5000 years ago? You don't explain the materials, mechanics, how it works from the inside or how it came to be, instead you say it's fire in a box that will cook your food. Simplified.

Anyway, I'm creating this topic, hopefully it hasn't been done, so that people can interpret the bible amongst each other and see what we all come up with. Please respect everyone's opinions, and let us all remember this is NOT based on fact, this is based on a book that has been translated, rewritten, and edited thousands of times.

Thanks for contributing, hope you find it interesting.

Posted

Interesting.

Posted

For me I think it's sorta simple. 1) in the 10 Commandments God gave to Moses He said nothing against us that can from a man who remember that the Pharaoh had all the Jewish boys kill under a certain and at birth because Pharaoh said that The Jewish slaves out number us and in our battles with our enemies, whats to get them from turning on us, So the MOSAic Laws Prohibited Homosexuals or rather condemned them because we do not produce children, which would make that religion at that time stronger.
Talk about Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome!
I think it is note worthy that they Jews at that time didn't think that the Commandment "Thou shall not Kill" applied to anyone else but themselves, in others words, what one Jew shouldn't do to another Jew, but it was OK to do whatsoever to none Jews, for they (we) are not of the tribes of Israel, and they did so, as it is written in the Old Testament. I am not saying anything anti Semitic, I am expression my belief. This However do not Stop Jonathan son of Saul to be, what most enlighten people to be a "gay" relationship with King David,......... 2 Samuel 1:26 "How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women! ... very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women. ..." Or the same passage from a different Bible 2 Samuel 1:26 "I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; You have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful Than the love of women. ... Here another Simplified point of view,................For everything there is, there is a opposite, and even some varieties in between the two opposites! On earth or in the Heavens, God do not create just one of something,.........from flowers to bees to fish in the sea and even to the races of humankind. The opposite, of heterosexual is Homosexual, and if that doesn't set well with you, then ask any one living in China, about the State law, that says a married couple may ONLY have one child! God, the universe, ying and yang and so on there is a reason for everything under the sun, that has been created, by the Creator, for Their Own reasons, we are not meant to understand everything, we can try. The very best we can do, is to try to respect one another and do not judge or kill in His Name, God is Omnipotent, if He, they or She, didn't want something to exist, it wouldn't be here.
All we can do is if we can not love one another, don't play God, by killing in His name or condemning anyone, if you can't respect someone, their beliefs, lifestyle, religion or sexual orientation, just be humble enough to accept it and walk away.
I believe that hating someone is almost like loving someone, you give them power over you in some way. shape or form. You feed the energy they seek from you. Loving is better then hating, acceptance is better then either condemning or judging, save that, you may judge if it is right or wrong for you. But you do not have the right to dictate that your beliefs are better then someone Else's.
I am not a wise man, I would simply like to be a peaceful man offending no one, but I know there is Evil in this world as well as Good. Ask yourself this how could we define beauty, if that which we perceive to be it's opposite:"ugly" do not exist? Although they may be opposites, they complement each other by their existence.
I wish you well being, peace of heart and joy in mind
God Bless you
Andre~

Posted

@ Aundre
You have great insight and perhaps you are wiser than you know.

God Bless!

Posted

Aundre,
My sister, this song form youtube is for you and anyone or everyone willing to listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw Or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xIdDYiA9A Or even (Yeah I know, I get long winded, but then again is hate, prejudged and fear and ignorance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aK2eYbQkQ0 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMh59mcZ0KA.
In one of my prayer / meditations, I asked "God, why did He speak to me, what made me so special?' I felt the warmth of His smile, and He answered me,........."I speak to all my children, they just don't want to hear what I have to say, or are so busy, they make no time for us', As it is written: "Be Still and know that I am God". (Psalm 46:10), Lastly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_MydgRFZw. Praying for us all, even those who call themselves "Our Enemies, I should like to say to them, the only thing you convert, when you kill yourselves, and innocent others, (You are not doing God's will, there are people who kill themselves every day, and sometimes others, and they do not use God as an excuse or reason to do it. God, what ever your faith may be, did not give you life to behave so, with hate malice and using Him to call yourselves "Martyrs". A Martyr, stand up for what they believe in, quietly and bravely, and has their life taken from them by others, as did our sister at Columbine High School massacre occurred on Tuesday, April 20, 1999, who was ask simply with a gun in her face: "Do you believe in God?" She answered "Yes, I do!" and they killed her. See the difference? The only thing you convert when you kill your self with homemade bombs, not only innocent others but members of your own faith, is the living into the dead,..................They are the "True Martyrs"! and as for what every number of Virgins you thin you are going to get?,........................Do you really think there is sex in Heaven? That they need, it, in His Presence? Out " Gender or the ability to have sex here, is because we are born of this earth, in these shells, that knows sickness, pain and death. Our New Bodies when we are raised, there will be no hunger, (Sorry McDonald's), thirst, pain disease or death, or even sex. We will be in the Divine Presence, which should be enough for all.
For all of you, who hate us in the West, ask yourselves this, Our we not the 1st to go into foreign lands, to heal the sick, raise the dying, feed the poor give life saving medicines and assistance to those in need, When there are earthquakes, floods Tsunamis and so on time and time again, even they who hate us because of out faith. Rebuild entire countries, homes and shelters, and the best you can do, is to kill yourselves and countless others?
What ever your faith may be: ask yourself which is more God like and good and which is not? Killing yourself and others isn't God will, pray on it.
I am not asking you to convert,..............Just please stop lying to yourself and to others and think who really wants you and others dead, Hate and fear is not what we think of or me, when I think of God.

My Prayers are with you, my brothers and Sisters of others faith. Love is much harder then hate as is forgiveness and understanding and accepting and most of all, trusting God who made everything, in his hands, His will be done and not ours.

A humble servant of He who made me.

God bless you, Even if you hate hearing that, may God bless you are the more!
My prayers are with you and those of different faiths who work hand in hand to heal the world, for the time given to us;
I may not know wisdom, but I think I know "funny".
Not so long ago, I heard this mustard seed:
"One day, you will see your life flash before your eyes!
Make sure that it is something to watch!"

Posted

Does anyone else think Jesus has been saying all along that we are ALL children of God and that isn't exactly like us but instead is only inside us, there is no heaven or hell outside of what is in your mind and the world you create around you? Why should anything after you die matter when right now in your life you can see the hell the world is fast becoming for all not born into wealth of paper and rocks?

Marianne_Messer
Posted

igree with all of you, I have just seen a documentary Because the Bible tells me so and all people need to see it, gay and straight, it is unbeliveable the hate for gays because we have a choice and the Bible says its an abomination to be gay and that's not true, it is not a choice, we were made this way by God and I am in a relationship now and I can only think that's what God wants is for us to love one another.