Veronica_Page

Gay & Christianity - The Gay Christian Network

Veronica_Page
Posted

I am a Christian who happens to be gay. I met my partner 12 years ago and struggled for 7 of those years with the concept of was i going to hell now.
My partner who is not a believer helped me to find books and resources to find out what the Bible really says about homosexuality and i am now at peace with the whole concept.
We are all His creation and His beloved children and that is that.

Does anyone out there also believe the same or do we all feel that we need to justify our existence over and over again?

Cheers
Veronica

Posted

Sister Veronica.

We do not need to justify our existence to anyone.
We wouldn't BE here in the 1st place if Our Lord, who lived and died for all, didn't want us here. Most of us, (People who are gay) are peaceful loving people.
I think the Haters and hypocrites have far more to worry about then we do.
I hope these links from youtube might impart peace to your heart and soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqxHnlawPI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihxlP7oCIQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn1W3cl400

Be at peace, for we are Lovers and Loved!

I hope this helps

Love

Andre~

Posted

Andre, I sure enjoyed the links to youtube.
I am 50 now and have struggled with faith in God and Christ and with my sexuality since I can remember. I have always known I was different and attracted to males. I also knew that I loved Christ and wanted to serve Him. The churches that I have gone to to reconcile and find help and healing from my sexuality, only made things worse. I have been Baptist, Mormon, Adventist, Pentecostal, and last of all Catholic. I also have studied with the Witnesses. Of course I went full throttle into religions that I knew already condemned me before I ever became a member. These days I am reconciling myself with God by not putting him in the "Religious" Box that so many of those who condemn and hate put him into. He is not to be boxed in. His love and grace are not for only a few but for ALL of us. I believe that. I feel now that He loves me and has always known my feelings and desires. And yet, He loved me. Simple as that. John

Posted

The thing with the Bible is that the canon contains the laws given in the old covenant. The old covenent is irrelevant because Christ's death and resurrection established the new and everlasting covenent as he said in the institution narrative at the first eucharist.

The bottom line is that Christ himself never said a thing about Gays and through him we are justified and do not have to justify ourselves to anyone of this world. Through Christ we are reconciled and through his grace all people Gay or straight have the promise of eternal life.

Veronica_Page
Posted

I agree, however it took me a long time to arrive at this point and have had many experiences with people in Churches who either assigned me to hell or thought that I would be inappropriate to teach Sunday school.

I have not been in a Church for years and miss the worship with other believers.

Posted

Thank you John!
You can find more vids of them that singing group; Libera, at youtube or at their website on face book. If you would like to buy their music then I highly recommend yourmusic.com where most of the CDs are just $6.99 and standard shipping (Is guess what?) Free! Awesome! you can mention me if you like. God is Love, and I believe, that anyone who loves God and tries their best to love other's, this means Love not necessarily sex, but then doesn't exclude it either, Just make sure you are not having sex to use the other person for your or even their gratification. There's a world of difference between actually loving someone, being a loving person, and just using that person for sexual gratification, which would be lust and not love,...............and I will leave that between you and Our Maker, for I will judge anyone, except lets say that I know that if I "hang" with them would bring me down or cause me to "sin". There was a time, long ago, when and where I thought having sex was love,.......................I was wrong and at 55, now know better. I also thought that if I love someone enough, somehow, it would help their addictions or abusive behaviour towards me,............OK, I was wrong about that too. Any more then you loving someone so much and can't see why they don't choose to love you back. I believe I have learnt, the hard way, that I can not save someone who doesn't want to be saved. They will see you as a "mark" and use your good intentions and faith against you. So while you may love them at a distance, keep them in your prayers, but as I told one person, who threw my words back at me,..............Him."But I thought you said that you loved me!" Me;"I do!! But that doesn't mean I will or you have the right to walk all over me, use and abuse me!"
Being a loving person isn't easy, but I believe that as a "Christian", means that I will do my best to love others, even the haters, but I will keep a respectable distance between me and them, but also keep them close in my heart when I pray.
I am sure you have either heard this song but if you didn't then you ARE in for a treat!

Be "Patient" through the French Introduction!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myTzrtr46dI&feature=related

And then of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St3U2kBSIgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnPWIcE6eIU&feature=related

May Our Lord Bless, keep and watch over all of you.

Peace and Joy!

Andre~

Posted

God made us special and continues to bless us IF we put our faith in Him, acknowledging Him as our personal Saviour and Lord. May God continue to Bless you.

Posted

Joey, Andre, Brian, and Veronica,
I totally agree with all that you guys wrote. Veronica, I miss worship too. I am just now learning a bit about the United Church of Christ. They accept GLBT people and do not judge. Maybe this might be a place for you and myself and others to at least investigate. All I've ever wanted to do in my life, since I was six years old, was to worship and serve God and to find a male who would love me for who I was and not who I should be. My prayers still go up and they will until my last breath. I know He loves us. I have no doubt about that. Peace brothers and sisters.

Posted

I read something funny either in weho, on a transit bus in San Francisco, and it made me think,.......................................It said simply; "GOD MUST LOVE GAYS, THAT'S WHY THERE Are SO MANY OF US!' I could see the people around me trying to ignore, pretending not to see or read that message, and I had a sad feeling what it must have been like for Jonah to be sent to preach to the Ninevites for their salvation, even though, they were his "enemies".
The Episcopal Church accepts gays too! They also allow them and women to become priests and even Bishops! you can find even more Churches, their current views, dogma, and policies about us at : www.religioustolerance.org
The Lutheran churches of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland are are fully tolorant of homosexual lifestyles and in some cases practice same-sex civil unions or partnerships, etc.
The ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) is open and tolerant of homosexual activity, particularly some ELCA congregations in larger cities. Many gay or lesbian pastors serve in the ELCA as well.

September 20, 2007 – Bishops of Norway's Lutheran church have voted by a close majority to allow gay pastors, a church official reported to a press.

As of January 2009, gay couples in Norway can legally marry, ... the Lutheran-affiliated Church of Norway, was split over the issue. ...

John 3:8

New International Version (©1984)
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
New Living Translation (©2007)
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit."

English Standard Version (©2001)
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

International Standard Version (©2008)
The wind blows where it wants to. You hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. That's the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you don't know where the wind comes from or where it's going. That's the way it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

King James Bible
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

American King James Version
The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

American Standard Version
The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Bible in Basic English
The wind goes where its pleasure takes it, and the sound of it comes to your ears, but you are unable to say where it comes from and where it goes: so it is with everyone whose birth is from the Spirit.

Douay-Rheims Bible
The Spirit breatheth where he will; and thou hearest his voice, but thou knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Darby Bible Translation
The wind blows where it will, and thou hearest its voice, but knowest not whence it comes and where it goes: thus is every one that is born of the Spirit.

English Revised Version
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Webster's Bible Translation
The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the sound of it, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Weymouth New Testament
The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So is it with every one who has been born of the Spirit."

World English Bible
The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but don't know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Young's Literal Translation
the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.'

"The Truth shall 'Indeed' Set us free!"

Of course you didn't think I was not gonna write this without a youtube vid, to touch and inspire you?! 0; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GsYjBy8_s

"Psalm 95: If Today You Hear His Voice Harden Not Your Hearts!"

Ezekiel 36:26:
New International Version (©1984)
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
New Living Translation (©2007)
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

"Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you. I will remove your stubborn hearts and give you obedient hearts.

King James Bible
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

Bible in Basic English
And I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you: I will take away the heart of stone from your flesh, and give you a heart of flesh.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh.

Darby Bible Translation
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

English Revised Version
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you art heart of flesh.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

World English Bible
I will also give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

And I have given to you a new heart, And a new spirit I give in your midst, And I have turned aside the heart of stone out of your flesh, And I have given to you a heart of flesh.

Stand fast in your faith and love for God!

Woe to those who who use "The Good News" as a weapon, to hurt and chase others from God and they say in His Name! As Christ said on the Cross, " Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34). Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43). ..."

&gt

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;
King James Bible
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

And the angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

And the angel said unto them, Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people:

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the angel said to them: Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, that shall be to all the people:

Darby Bible Translation
And the angel said to them, Fear not, for behold, I announce to you glad tidings of great joy, which shall be to all the people;

English Revised Version
And the angel said unto them, Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people:

And the angel said to them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people.

World English Bible
The angel said to them, "Don't be afraid, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be to all the people.

And the messenger said to them, 'Fear not, for lo, I bring you good news of great joy, that shall be to all the people --

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed. with Diacritics
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ ἄγγελος· μὴ φοβεῖσθε· ἰδοὺ γὰρ εὐαγγελίζομαι ὑμῖν χαρὰν μεγάλην ἥτις ἔσται παντὶ τῷ λαῷ,

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ ἄγγελος· Μὴ φοβεῖσθε· ἰδοὺ γὰρ εὐαγγελίζομαι ὑμῖν χαρὰν μεγάλην ἥτις ἔσται παντὶ τῷ λαῷ,

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus (1550, with accents)
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ ἄγγελος Μὴ φοβεῖσθε ἰδού, γὰρ εὐαγγελίζομαι ὑμῖν χαρὰν μεγάλην ἥτις ἔσται παντὶ τῷ λαῷ

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort with Diacritics
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ ἄγγελος· μὴ φοβεῖσθε, ἰδοὺ γὰρ εὐαγγελίζομαι ὑμῖν χαρὰν μεγάλην ἥτις ἔσται παντὶ τῷ λαῷ,

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
και ειπεν αυτοις ο αγγελος μη φοβεισθε ιδου γαρ ευαγγελιζομαι υμιν χαραν μεγαλην ητις εσται παντι τω λαω

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
και ειπεν αυτοις ο αγγελος μη φοβεισθε ιδου γαρ ευαγγελιζομαι υμιν χαραν μεγαλην ητις εσται παντι τω λαω

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550)

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1894)

ΚΑΤΑ ΛΟΥΚΑΝ 2:10 Greek NT: Westcott/Hort

Luke 2:10 Hebrew Bible
ויאמר אליהם המלאך אל תיראו כי הנני מבשר אתכם שמחה גדולה אשר תהיה לכל העם׃

Apocalypsis 22:21 Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
et dixit illis angelus nolite timere ecce enim evangelizo vobis gaudium magnum quod erit omni populo

Lucas 2:10 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas (©1997)
Mas el ángel les dijo: No temáis, porque he aquí, os traigo buenas nuevas de gran gozo que serán para todo el pueblo;

Lucas 2:10 Spanish: La Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos (©2005)
Pero el ángel les dijo: "No teman, porque les traigo buenas nuevas de gran gozo que serán para todo el pueblo;

Lucas 2:10 Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Mas el ángel les dijo: No temáis; porque he aquí os doy nuevas de gran gozo, que será para todo el pueblo:

Lucas 2:10 Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Mas el ángel les dijo: No temáis; porque he aquí os doy evangelio de gran gozo, que será a todo el pueblo;

Lucas 2:10 Spanish: Modern
Pero el ángel les dijo: --No temáis, porque he aquí os doy buenas nuevas de gran gozo, que será para todo el pueblo:

Luc 2:10 French: Louis Segond (1910)
Mais l'ange leur dit: Ne craignez point; car je vous annonce une bonne nouvelle, qui sera pour tout le peuple le sujet d'une grande joie:

Luc 2:10 French: Darby
Et l'ange leur dit: N'ayez point de peur, car voici, je vous annonce un grand sujet de joie qui sera pour tout le peuple;

Luc 2:10 French: Martin (1744)
Mais l'Ange leur dit : n'ayez point de peur; car voici, je vous annonce un grand sujet de joie qui sera tel pour tout le peuple :

Luc 2:10 French: Ostervald (1744)
Alors l'ange leur dit: N'ayez point de peur; car je vous annonce une grande joie, qui sera pour tout le peuple;

Lukas 2:10 German: Luther (1912)
Und der Engel sprach zu ihnen: Fürchtet euch nicht! siehe, ich verkündige euch große Freude, die allem Volk widerfahren wird;

Lukas 2:10 German: Luther (1545)
Und der Engel sprach zu ihnen: Fürchtet euch nicht! Siehe, ich verkündige euch große Freude, die allem Volk widerfahren wird;

Lukas 2:10 German: Elberfelder (1871)
Und der Engel sprach zu ihnen: Fürchtet euch nicht, denn siehe, ich verkündige (W. evangelisiere, frohbotschafte) euch große Freude, die für das ganze Volk sein wird;

Yeah, I did my home work! I am from Virginia and would not allow Pat Robertson of CBN, or Jerry Lamon Falwell, Sr. (August 11, 1933 – May 15, 2007) Dicktate to me, The Word of God

Posted

Amen to that. I've had my dose of Falwell and Pat Robertson. They both give me chills! Brrrr! You definitely did your homework. I absolutely forgot about the Episcopal Church accepting gays. I don't know how I did that since my late sister was a member and was gay as well. Duh! I had read about some of the other churches you mentioned. The only reason I mentioned the United Church of Christ is that they actually advertise their acceptance on their website and it kind of stuck in my mind. Actually, I have no idea where or when I might venture into one of the churches near me. I am doing my homework on it you might say. I am an ordained pentecostal minister who left his church and became Catholic. I studied the many other religions before this venture. I was ordained by my minister at the time and didn't obtain my license through seminary like most do. I pretty much have renounced all of it I guess, until God leads me where he would have me go. I know He will do that some day. I was married for 21 years and have a 21 year old son. I met my ex-wife through a boyfriend at the time. It's such a long and sordid story. But, I am divorced now, a year this past July. I haven't come out of my closet all the way, only to a few choice friends. I tried the bar scene last year when the divorce was over and didn't enjoy it that much. Only occasionally. When I was 18 I came out of the close all the way. I did drag, drugs and the bars. When my four year relationship ended I went back into my closet and got married. Whew! But, just in saying, I know that all of this time God has had something for me. One day I will find out what it is and I believe He has someone for me as well. May His will come to pass!

Posted

You are a beautiful man with a beautiful soul, if I was younger I would most certainly want you on my speed dial (or maybe more!) Bless you! How can any one hate someone with the last name of "Dove!" which rhymes with love! ; )
I hope you liked that song or link in that last letter! Oops I meant Comment.
But here's one just for you John!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLX7h54jIg

After all "John" was known to be Jesus' favorite disciple or apostle, and his Gospel it is said the Gospel of love.

I am sorry that we live so far away from each other, but as you see, there is work to be done here for all of us! God Bless Judge Walker!

Posted

@ John: I'm also a recent convert to catholicism! My background is not to dissimilar. My mom raised us in this pentacostal type church who really didnt like me questioning and debating the scriptures. If you can believe it a 15 year old high schooler discussing and debating with a pastor!

Posted

That sounds like me. I used to do the same thing. I was 13 at the time when I first started asking questions. Why do we believe this and that? Prove it to me from scriptures! That kind of thing. I converted in 1999. Haven't been a good Catholic at all. How bout you? How old are you now?

Posted

I am Catholic also,............it is very sad that Our Church doesn't live up to it's name; Catholic =Universal, and that would be including us.

For you both, my Catholic brothers in a Church that choses not to see us, as Our Lord does,........................................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZZFO9F8FWU