Favorite/Most empowering bible passage. - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite passage is or if there's one in particular that is empowering for you.

For me its Psalm 23...if I'm feeling down I say it as a prayer.

Posted

This refers to me, and many of us I believe:

1Co:1:27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co:1:28: And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Posted

One whould have to read the whole story of Jonathan and David, to understand how serious this "Love" , David had for Jonathan, and why it made Jonathan's Father King Saul,..... So Angry! :" How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women! ...2 Samuel 1:26
New International Version (©1984)
I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women.
New Living Translation (©2007)
How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women!

English Standard Version (©2001)
I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; You have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful Than the love of women.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I am heartbroken over you, my brother Jonathan. You were my great delight. Your love was more wonderful to me than the love of women.

King James Bible
I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.

Posted

My favorite passage in the entire bible is the passage where Jesus said:

"By the love with which you live, and your joy that overflows, they will know you are my disciples. In that love I shall abide".

Oh, ........ if only all Christians would make love the centerpiece of their lives.

Posted

You can check out this on Youtube: you might like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CobNWUXb1M I hope it is ok I posted a link in here, If I have done wrong please forgive me

Adrian_Adams
Posted

"Come unto me, all those that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,and I will give you rest"....Mathew 11:28

OohDee
Posted

God has Not given me a spirit of Fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND!! AMEN

Posted

"WHEN THE CHURCH HATES YOU,SPEAKS CURSES OVER YOU,SAYS ALL MANNER OF EVIL AGAINST YOU FALSELY FOR JESUS NAMESAKE,AND EVEN TRYS TO KILL YOU..." "Jesus was hated because His righteousness showed up all the evil around Him; .... revile you and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely on .... Ephesians 2:19 says, "So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, ... All these things are being used by God to call out a people for His namesake. ..."
JOHN 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
*MATHEW 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God...9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
*Acts 17:6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;(IM A WORLD SHAKER.) 7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus." Enjoy this hymn: Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hup6wQ17XRI , " As a shepherd His flock He feedeth, With His arm He gathereth lambs, ... May we know our Shepherd's voice, and follow him, proving ourselves his sheep. ."
Isaiah 40:11. PAX

Adrian_Adams
Posted

I am the lamb of god

Posted

John 15:12

Brandon_Laquan
Posted

well i would have to say my favorite passage would be in Issiah when God says to fear not for i am by your side its just something about that, that gets to me

Posted

@Adrian Uh.... if you mean ur the next messiah I laugh at you, if you mean we're all the lambs of god then yeah ok.

I can't call myself a christian but I believe in Jesus, though I'm prone to believing the things said about him in various documentaries and the idea in the Da Vinci Code.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven."

I am the Lamb of Isis.

Posted

i have a few
Philipians 4:13" for i can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" helps me that anything is possible as long as i stay close to God
Jeremiah 29:11 " for i know the plans i have for you plans to prosper you not to harm you" this one keeps me focused at uni knowing im there because God has a plan for my life and its all going to be worth it in the end.
and 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love"

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Psalm 23