Hope_Reyes

PUMPS/PANTS - Lesbian Ladies

Hope_Reyes
Posted

You have 2 different classifications of lesbians.
You have the PUMPS, which are women that like to put their makeup on before they hit the club "or scene", and are also described as fems. In the same way, they are described as the ones who take care of their women.

Then you have the PANTS, lesbians who are Studs/Dykes that like to be in control of the relationship and also play the role of the Bread winner within the relationship.

Agree or Disagree?

This should be an interesting convo

Posted

i disagree because i dont consider myself either. i am just me. i dont know what others consider me tho.

Nebelpfade
Posted

Im neither... simply myself. Cuz I never wear makeup =P
And I don't actually want to be in control of the relation.
I like someone who's demanding with me =D

Posted

I'm neither too... I sometimes wear makeup, not always. I'm usually in jeans or basketball shorts and a t shirt, but when i go out, i like to get a little more dressed up... I'm definitely not butch, but I wouldn't call myself fem either.

I don't think we have to adopt that heterosexual identity to our relationships. We are awesome BECAUSE we can be two chicks in a relationship. We don't need one to be the "breadwinner" and the one in control, and one to be the more nurturing one... We are both chicks, and there's no reason we can't just be ourselves. There's no reason to try to fulfill those heteronormative roles...

Posted

I somewhat disagree. There are a few who meet the stereotypes, and some who mostly fit the stereotypes, and then there are those pesky people who just don't or won't or can't be defined. Besides a butch/sud/boi, or what have you, is not necessarily going to be the one who has to be in control. Look at hetero relationships, It's usually the women who are in charge and definitely the fem type. Anywho...would be interesting to hear from some people who disagree with me ...everybody should have their say.

Chrystal_Larsen
Posted

Then there are women like me, who fit somewhere inbetween... I hate make-up, but love skirts.

Posted

Haha I make up for you... I like makeup, but pretty much refuse to wear skirts

jessicazylee
Posted

i disagree. I'm a full blow lipstick, but I would prefer to be the primary breadwinner and take care of my partner. i'm very aggressive person... my makeup is my warpaint, make you let down your guard. ever been stabbed in teh hand by the heel of a stiletto?

I work in a club as a promoter. The bouncer posted next to me isn't for my protection, it's for yours.

jessicazylee
Posted

wow you sound like you have some issues with people who have dominating personalities. If I came down 'hard', it's that I dont like it when people think that simply because I like dressing up 'girly', that I'm someone they can mess around with.

I like being the primary breadwinner because I like being the protector/caretaker. While it would be awesome if my partner rakes in as much [or more] dough as me, s/he doesn't have to make a ton of money to support us. of course it makes life easier if s/he does, and I hope his/her work brings as much satisfaction to her/him as it does to me.

Posted

ugh. the labeling thing again. incredibly silly. and it does bring the notion of masculinity into a girl/girl relationship which is beyond silly.

Posted

when Whitney said this on the show it did get me thinking about it b/c although i dress girlie sometimes, i always like to be the one in control. i love dresses and sweats equally, and i can be controlling, yet submissive. going along with some of the other comments, what is the in-between classification ladies? lol

Posted

yeah, seriously. why label anyway? so many people don't fit into specific labels... let's just take people for who they are without trying to put them into a box... if you get to know them, then they're just THEM, you know? they don't have to have all these labels...

Posted

i love the fact that most people dont fit into labels!
too many people judge people on how they look or come across before they actually get to know a person. it's actually really sad when you think about it, cause then ppl find it 'wierd' that you act differently to how you look.

Nebelpfade
Posted

Well, I don't fit the labels and I ain't interested to fit them!
How can I match myself to others ? I can only be myself.

jessicazylee
Posted

i think one should be careful about the difference between labels and advisory guidelines.

for example, as an asian you can reasonably assume that if you take me to an asian restaurant, u dont have to give me a fork. maybe i might, but as a general rule of thumb u might not have to. but neither should u blow up at me if i require a fork.

guidelines exist to 'simplify' life, but should not rule it.

Posted

right... i guess some labels are somewhat necessary... it's good to know whether someone is straight or not if you're interested in dating them... i suppose that makes "lesbian" a helpful label. but dividing us into separate classifications of lesbian and trying to make all of us fit into certain molds is a little unnecessary i think.

Posted

I don't really think much of the labels but a bit of a laugh. I feel that some people that have not experienced a same sex relationship cannot fully comprehend the roles of two girls or two guys in a relationship so they tend to compare it to a 'straight' relationship, ie. masculine=male & feminine=female. I agree with Elise, I think from an external perspective people make assumptions that because some girls r more butch they are dominant. But that's not the case. I'm quite feminine as is my partner, so few people ask us (only for a laugh) who wears the pants in the relationship. Just because I look and dress like a straight girl, people make immediate assumptions that I am. People can say what they like, in the end where all people. It's just natural for us to just see what's in front of us and judge from that.

Posted

paula: i couldn't have said it better myself. very accurate and intelligent analysis of the question at hand.

jessicazylee
Posted

agreed.... there is no male in a lesbian relationship. otherwise, it wouldn't be a lesbian relationship. sure there may be a more 'girly' partner, but that's cuz u're comparing two people.

Posted

i agree that labels are pointless. All they do is draw more lines in the sand. I love the label "lesbian". Thats it. I find it extremely disturbing that because i dress a certain way, others think i should be attracted to a certain type. or because i act a certain way, that i am "the man". I am no man, all female here. I am attracted to all women, not just femmes. I like everything to be equal in a relationship. sex is a whole different topic. I think it depends on the person you are with. If the person i am with is more dominate then i will submit, but if they are more submissive i will lead. i can honestly say i like others to take control in the bedroom. but i have no problem taking control if needed. in all other aspects of life i like equality.

Dawn_Condon
Posted

I guess I would be a "Punt"! LOL! Because on the outside I'm girly, with makeup, hair, and the big breasts, looking submissive, but on the inside, I'm the ferocious, don't take no shit from anyone, dominant. So I'm half and half. So new word...punt! Hello all you sexy punts!!! Oh, and it can go the opposite way too, cause my partner is!! She's butchy on the outside, and all femme on the inside! I love her so much!

Dawn_Condon
Posted

Oh, and when I'm asked who's the man in the relationship, I usually say "I am", which confuses people cause I'm girly. Next time, I'm gonna say it, then grab my crotch!!! I have told guys before that my dick is bigger than theirs, but I REALLY HATE TO BRAG!

Posted

i would deff have to say im more of a femme. ! i love to look girly everyday and be sexxy girly. i dont think its bad or anything to say if your femme or stud or in between. everyone has their own opinions and thats how it'll be. i love studs ! they really are soo sexxxy especially if they can carry themself with confidence. big turn on. ;]

Mercedes_Torres
Posted

people shouldnt really classify themselves this way.
its stereotyping.
i know butch women who love being dominated in the bedroom.
and i know femmes who love to dominate.
i know women who love to be in control when it comes to everything.
and the same with butch women.
and i know butch women who wear girlie undies cuz they feel comfortable that way.
never judge a book by its cover.
looks can be very deceiving