Kristina_Wheelis

hello! need advice. - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

im still in the closet. I am a Christian and i dont know how im sopposed to explain to my mom when i do come out that i do still completely and utterly beleive that Christ is my savoir. i just dont know how to illustrate that to her...HELP! haha

Autumn_Watkins
Posted

Michelle pretty much said it all!

I was in your situation only a few weeks ago. God gave me the strength to tell my mom, and she doesn't see me any differently. In fact, if anyone judges me, she is the first person to tell them to back off because God loves me. If your mom reacts in a negative way, just remember that God is always there for you and He will help you through this.

I'll pray for you, best of luck!

Posted

I struggled with this idea for the last year. I have had a relationship with God for the last two years. During the last year, however, I hit a brick wall when it came to faith. I had to take a religion course at my college. The professor of the class stated that being gay was a wrong and is a sin. It took everything for me not to get up and walk out or to scream. I yelled at God afterwards. I told Him that I was frustrated with Him because of what He made me to be. But, you see the answer to my problems was in my anger. God made me. A unique, creative individual. I have had a relationship with God. I had accepted Him into my heart. No one can take that away from me. My lifestyle may be a sin, but there is a lot that is considered a sin. I think it is the human condition to find a way to live in sin and still have faith in God. Take it one step at a time. Pray about it. I will pray for you. I hope this helps.

Jae-Lynn_Wilson
Posted

Just do what you believe in girl....... I have a had a similar experience except my grandfather was the pastor, once my knew she told him expecting him to disown me, but he excepted me for who i am and told me god would not stop loving me just because I like girls. So just come out the closet, be bold, and dont let your parents think for a minute that they can change you!

Posted

well thats alil late.... my mom kicked me out because she suspected....i just moved back in with her because she thought i was "better"

Posted

Well I agree with 99% of everything that was said. I would give my input, but it appears everyone has helped more than enough. I'll be praying for you though.

Posted

When I came out in '79, I had just came out of treatment and really came out in a large group. I was ok with that, but then I had to come out to my family, so I went and talked to my Pastor at that time. Well, he told me at that time that my HP loves everyone, BUT, to my suprize my Pastor was Bi, he told me that they would except me or disown me. Well, to my suprise they accepted it very well. I had read a book "Loving Someone Gay" and mailed one to my sisterinlaw and she called me at 2 in the morning and said "know I know why you drink," well we talked for 3 hours.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Kristina how are things between you and your mom, i hope she is moe loving ad accepting of you, i'm sorry she kicked you out, please find support in a group or a gay-friendly church, take care, keep in touch, we care

Posted

My mom is even worse now. Esoecially since she found out that there is this gay guy in one of my classes. she is so hurtful and doesnt know it. but im taking it day by day and doing the best i can.

Posted

Hi Kristina,
Havent been around for the last few days, but I have a idea for you, it worked for me, when I came out in 1979, I went and bought a book called "Loving some one gay" my sister in law just couldnt understand how I could be gay. She called me at 2 in the morning from California and she had just finished reading the book and said, "know I understand y u drink or drank at that time." get the book and maybe she would understand your life style a little better.
With Gods Blessings,
Terry n.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

i'm sorry it's so hard for you is there couseling in your area?

Marianne_Messer
Posted

true i wish i could help you are there any gay organizations for people your age that maybe your mom needn' kno about?

Posted

i dont think so...i havent checked...i just have like two friends who know but they dont understand alot of it....so....

Marianne_Messer
Posted

so you're basically on your own at least you have this website and we are here for you

Posted

yeah pretty much. and thank you i really appreciate it. I mean i have friends who are gay and everything it is just that they are out. and some have asked me out on a date and i cant really hangout with them because my mom will find out and all hell will brake loose. and i dont want or need that to happen. lols

Posted

Some times, it is up to the children of parents to teach them what it means to love and be loving and accepting, even if you disagree with someone you can be polite about it. being polite about it isn't lying, it is allowing that other person whom you may not like understand or care to, their right to be themselves as much as we, ourselves wish to be accepted and loved, or at least the space to be ourselves, with fear of being hassled , hated, bashed or even killed.
My mother converted to Christianity because of me, even though I am "gay".
I baptized her before I moved to LA. She wouldn't give her permission for me to be baptized, so I had to wait until I was 18, (Although I talked a priest into it when I was 13!) So he gave me a conditional baptism, I couldn't receive communion until I was officially baptized into the church when I was 18, Dec 23 1973-4. In any case you can teach your mother by example and not saying a word,............and believe me it works, and puts them (Their hate) to shame.
Just be a better loving and more accepting person then she, and she will notice. You don't have to say a thing, actions are more louder and lasting then words. John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. ..."

I tried sharing this link on Facebook and they stopped me because they said that someone (s) said it was spamming! can you believe that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqNLnEzDLA
I wrote a letter of protest and sent them the link so that they could judge from themselves.