Kitt_Dianne_Whitlow

Christian... And Lesbian... Want to Chat? o.o - The Gay Christian Network

Kitt_Dianne_Whitlow
Posted

Well, the title states it all. I'm Christian, I'm Lesbian, and I'm looking for some people like me to talk to...

OohDee
Posted

What did you have to do to become a certified minister?? Both my parents are ordained ministers. I've been going to church since before I started school. Talk about needing lots of booze to cope with my own sexuality!! What was it like for you Damaris?? I mean were you already out then became a minister or what? How did you guys come to accept yourselves as lesbians and christians??

Posted

Hi I'm Christian and lesbian but what really hurts is there is some people I can't tell them what I am cause they would disown me especially my family does anyone have any advice or experience of what to do?

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Hi, I am a Christian and a lesbian. I am also co-founder of a small ministry that I Pastor.

Ashley_Dinn
Posted

I am a Christan and a lesbian. I did tell people who I am and have been kicked out of churches, been disowned by 90% of my family. I am happy I am out and proud to be a gay Christan. How I accepted my faith and my orientation well that took a while for me. But i knew God loved me and made me who I was. He did not hate people and did not tell people to judge me. I think it just takes time but never givning up on your faith helps. God has been their with me since day one and with out him i could of not done what i have done.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Ashley, I'm sorry for what you have gone through. Though I have not been disowned by my family, I do understand what it's like to be kicked out of churches. I applaud your willingness and ability to keep your faith though. It is very true that you are who you are and God loves you just the way you are. Too many people use His word to judge and condemn and they will have their day. It's a shame that there are so many that don't understand the scripture; they misinterpret the words end up hurting others instead of sharing the truth of God. I hope and pray that in time, things will get better for you and your family.
God bless.

Posted

sorry to hear , i told my mom when i came out she always says god knows our every move and every step and what where going to do in life so it questioned her on faith since so many people judge , and i told her that he made us this way and he will love us all we are his children why would he do this and then condem us, my family is very religous catholic also, it was hard for me at 16 but if ur really loved and ur family loves u nobody will disown you it might be hard but remember in the end god loves us no matter what and thats the best love you could have,

Posted

I'm a christian lesbian and fortunately have not had any problems yet, my parents are both lay clergy and have just taken it in their stride. There are some family members I havn't spoken to about my sexuality, if I was in a serious relationship then they would be told about it, but for now don't see that its any of their business - after all if I was straight I wouldn't phone around to let them know lol.

It makes me so angry that people call themselves Christian but forget that the essence of our faith is love. Love does not judge, God does not judge, we are all His children and he loves and accepts us all. xx

Marianne_Messer
Posted

All beautiflly said, I am 52 and have just come out to family and friends, but not at work. I am in a relationship and feel that this lady came into my life at the right time, when she was supposed to. I have been accepted by all my family and friends and have found a supportive church, I am very lucky. I feel very blessed and am sorry that so many people feel that it is their right, if not their duty to disown someone, family is family I feel. I have seen a documentry Because the Bible tells me soand it is awesome, everyone should see it, gay or straight! I wish everyone love and happiness in God's Word