poll - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

should gays be allowed to serve our nation

Posted

yes. I think it's stupid that they should even have to be asked if they are gay or straight. Get off you high horse people in Washington D.C.

Posted

The only qualification for being in the army is having the desire to serve/defend one's nation. Sexuality has nothing to do with defense. I can understand the governmnent's perception of gay people, but there are some fine young gentlemen that are willing to serve eventhough they are gay. People need to stop labelling and placing a stereotype over an entire group of people.

Posted

I just imagined a drag queen with a huge gun going in Afghanistan... Epic! May be it is actually what they think will happen

loooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!

Posted

lol

Posted

It is completely prejudiced that the gay and lesbian community cannot serve in the army. The fact that some people still don't have as many rights as others in North America is appalling. Its as though we are fragmented or unfit human beings.
On a side note I don't agree with the war at all haha.

Posted

I don't agree with the war either Corbin. I do agree with you that all gay and lesbian should be able to serve their country. when I was in, I had the good fortune to meet up with a gay male serving in the army. we both said we had to keep our sexuality a secret for fear of being ridiculed, which I think is a lot of bullshit.

George_Franz
Posted

I also feel that there should be no rules against gays int he militarty, but just to be the devils advocate. I do understand their thought process. If they actually think that us exercising our rights to persue happiness by marrying the ones we love will distroy or diminish their marriages, then I understand that they think that if we have gays in the military that would weaken the strong ties our soldiers have developed to keep our country safe. Dont misunderstand me, as backwads as American congress is, I do remember that we live in the land of the free here. I have met many of gay men here that live in one of the 34 countries were just being gay is a crime that is punishalbe by imprisonment! Cudos to all that have walked the way to the freedoms that we have, and I hope we continue to a true land of the free!

David_Wright
Posted

Gays should definitely be allowed to serve OPENLY. There are currently a lot of gays in the military in constant fear of being found out and discharged. Hopefully our government will make this big change.

George_Franz
Posted

I totaly agree, there is no dout that they should be allowed to serve, and I think they should be allowed to serve openly if they so choose! Hell I served, and I know a lot of others that did as well!

Joseph_Cheshire
Posted

Guess they can now huh??