Closet cases.... - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Do you hate em, love em, pity them, or do you land somewhere in the middle? Most of us have been there at one time or another, and we can certainly relate to those who are still in that situation. Myself personally, I feel bad for em, and I don't hate them. I wouldn't get involved with one because their is a lot of crap that comes with being involved with someone who is closeted, so anyone who has something to say about this I welcome your imput.

Posted

I'm semi-closeted. I have told my mother, but she seems to have forgotten, and given that I wasn't too fond of her reaction the first time around, I've chosen not to bring it up again. My family are the only ones I haven't told, but my friends all know. I'm not uncomfortable with people knowing, just in my family there really isn't any point in causing unnecessary drama and arguments. I only see my mom and brother on a regular basis, and the rest of my family is pretty homophobic. I don't pretend that I'm straight, I just don't share anything. I'd love to be out with my family, but that's a little too optimistic for me.

Posted

Well I know your pain Ariel because it's so ridiculous the way family acts with a obvious truth. Many thanks for commenting.

Posted

I am the same way, friends all kno, all of my family doesn't know. My brother does and he accepts me, my mother can't and won't accept it and I just feel that everyone else are too ignorant too understand but the ppl who I am closest too know. That's all that matters.

Posted

I have a bunch of friends who know, a bunch of friends who don't, and none of my family know. The friends who're in the dark don't know because some of them are fairly homophobic-- when we were playing a drinking game one time, it came out that someone else in the dorm I was living in was gay, and the general consensus was a very loud EWWWW.

I haven't told my family because I guess I don't see the need to just yet? I've never been in a relationship and even though I identify as a lesbian, it's always possible (long story) that I'll end up with a man. So I don't really see the point in causing my mom angst if I'll end up with a guy anyway.

(This would totally change if I did have a girlfriend, though; if I did then yeah, I'd probably come out to everyone.)

Posted

coming out or more like realizing i needed to give up the bi-sexual front was an incredible relief to me. all my friends know. there were a few who didn't dig it (amazingly enough, guys) they're no longer friends. my family was fine about it. it's something they just don't care about. it was like "guys, i need to tell you all something" "oh, what's that" "i've come to the realization that i'm gay" "that's sweet. as long you're happy. could you pass the bread?"

Posted

Lol hilarious and heartwarming Kristin. The guys that weren't cool with it have some real issues. Your family sounds like my kind of folks.

Posted

my family is totally cool. that only things that were of any importance to them are achivement, and helping others. my father in particular is one of the coolest guys on earth.

Posted

Awesome, my family is in deep denial. I laugh it about but it's truly depressing and ridiculous.

Posted

*about it

Posted

When I tried to tell my mother, she gave me the "it's not what I'd want for you" speech, which was rather lame. Your family sounds cool, Kristin!

Posted

I know I envy Kristins empathetic and understanding family :-}

Posted

when i came out my mom was so upset and sent me away cuz i refuse to break up wit the girl i was dating at the time my parents put all the blame on her cuz she was 18 and i was 16 even tho i was the one persuing her i dnt hate the ppl who are not out yet its a hard thing to do it took me till i was 16 to come out and i knew all my life i didnt like guys but i forced mself to cuz it was the "normal thing" finally i realized i was born to stand out so tats what im gunna do. i feel sorry for ppl who arent out its hard and scary to come out i always told myself i would date someone who isnt out but now i am and im not gunna force her to come out thats something she will do when she is ready and when she does i will be by her side helping her through it. cuz i love her

Posted

both of my parents are waaaayyyyyy to conservative to tell. My mom, sweet as she is, I don't think would be able to handle it. My friends pretty much know, and I might tell my cousin...I don't know about that yet.

Posted

some of my family knows like the people i live with: mom, step-dad, and sister. i haven't told my dad because.....well that just scary but when i told my mom, i asked her if she still loved me and she said yes......and thats all i wanted to hear my step-dad has two lesbian sister btw but i dont care for his opinion at all. my sister does know........and probably always knew......

but i wouldn't blame someone for not coming out escipelly if they are dependant on their partents.......the best thing to do for those people is to simply support them and answer question they may have

Posted

thank god I'm not dependent on my parents! My moms a dear but she didn't raise me and I want to get to know her better....My dad I'm basically having nothing to with. so yeah...I don't mind people knowing that I like girls....but I don't really have anybody to talk about it with.

Cessilee_Roeser
Posted

I haven't come out to anyone yet. I always knew I was different, but it took me until about 19 or 20 to start accepting who I was. I just tryed to ignor it. It didn't work to well. I don't really have anyone that I can tell right now. I'm sure my mom would be cool with it. I'm not sure about the rest of my family. I'm sure they'd be fine with it, I think I'm just being paranoid

Posted

it's taken me a whe to become comfortable with myself too, but now I have. I told my mom and she's not taking it well, she even said that I shouldn't tell anyone eles in the family (like my dad, grandparents ,etc) becuase she thinks it will give them a heart attack and they will die. thanks mom. i mean, i understand that it's hard for her to accept because she's been taught to hate homosexuality from her christian faith,but at th same time she's telling me to censor mself, and not to be who i really am because it would make people uncomfortable. Also, she still makes me go to church to keep up appearances... that's all my family is, fake masks and appareances... but i know i'm not the only one, and many people have had it worse... i just wish it were easier...

Posted

god. i read these stories about you girl's families and it breaks my heart. i'm extraordinarily lucky family. i sometimes take it for granted. i shouldn't

Posted

I know what you mean about not being comfortable with yourself, I started realizing it when I was around 16 (maybe even 14, but I was in denial). It wasn't until I was 19 that I became more comfortable with being me.

Kimberly_Norman_40522
Posted

I have a great family..my sister is gay also..and she was terrified to tell my folks...and I told her they will love you no matter what!.I have the most supportive parents..I thank GOD everyday. Keep on being who you are and enjoy life ya'lll....cause it is not a rehearsal..we are just like anyone one else .

Get comfortable in your skin and everything else will fall in place...i promise.
Ya'll are great girls and brave ....keep it up!!!

Posted

I didnt tell my friends tell I was 19 and out of high school.. my sister knew and has always known i was gay. I told my mom like 3 months ago and she looked at me and said Im not in the mood to joke sydney!! go pick-up your sister at the mall!! If I told my family the would pray every which way to Sunday. I have dated and I take them to meet my family their just blind to it I guess. I was sittin' with a girl on my lap one time watching a movie my mom came in walked to her room came back and layed a blessed cross next to me and said pray to save your soul cuz I am..

Posted

your mom sounds like a religious nutjob......damn. you know she still loves you because she's willing to pray for you....but parents just don't realize how much they hurt their kids when they won't accept them and let them b themselves. I admire your courage...my dads not that bad and I still won't tell him. (of course I probably wouldn't even tell him if i had a baby cause I'm not ready to talk to him quite yet)

Posted

@ sydney I KNOW what your talking about my aunt and uncle(who raised me) are the same way....

Posted

haha i just came out to my dad...like...a couple days ago actually. He told me he loved me and all he wanted was for his daughters to be happy. I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. All my friends have known for years and the ones who werent so cool with it when they found out, well I didnt need them as friends anyway.
So those in the closet, it seems like the scariest thing to do, but once its done, it feels so so good.