New Experience with Deaf people - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Why don't you get different new Experience with Deaf people instead of hearing ? like friend or dating or relationship. I wonder, what's your opinion.

Nebelpfade
Posted

How you tell her you love her if she's deaf, and without knowing sign language ?

Posted

if u rly love her then u wld learn how to say it to her. alot of ppl can read lips too. sign language is not that hard and pretty easy to pick up

Posted

I agree, sign language really is easier to pick up. Especially if you're doing it for someone, it is a great language to learn. I am minoring in ASL currently and I would love to meet more people who I could sign with. Friendship or relationship, deaf or hearing.

Posted

i want to learn sign language actually i had a job and three people where deaf there omg this girl was sooo cute so i wanted to ask her out so she had a translater right but i wanted to do it myself so i went online say how to do letters and learn some things from the libray and i went up to her and sign but she laughed at me and i was like wth but turns out i said something else at first then i got it right LOL i said something about a goat and a cat with an umbrella idk LOL but she thought i was cute so we went on a couple of dates nothing serious happen though sad about that she was straight anyway LOL thats the kicker she just went out with me for the heck of it i still want to learn sign language though =o

Kim_Lew
Posted

this is such a funny coincidence! I just went to my first AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) class yesterday night! XP It's great cause you also learn about deaf culture too.

I don't actually know any deaf people though, I only have exposure through TV like the awesome Marlee Matlin! However, since I'm Australian, I would like see Auslan on TV. No such luck yet... Although there are various vids on YouTube for a variety of sign languages!

Nebelpfade
Posted

Well, it's quite because I doesn't know any deaf peoples, I never though about learning the sign language at all. But if I knew one, it would probably be easier to communicate by learning it. Do most of them actually read the lips ? It's kinda funny to think about them reading lips, I wouldn't understand much by doing that, but sometimes it's easy for some words. I usually try to find that with translated movies, english to french. But then, I still doesn't know any deaf... I could had been deaf when I was 2-3 years old actually, but I guess im lucky. Otherwise, I tend to hear a lil less than a normal people.

Kim_Lew
Posted

okay, I forgot to mention earlier, for the Americans, Michael Di Martino has awesomely combined pop music & ASL (American Sign Language) on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SongsinSign

It's pretty awesome too, cause he was only doing it for fun & for educational purposes, and he's ended up getting to sign for Lady Gaga & Joan Rivers! He has his own song too for the hearing among us. (Nasty Habit, it's got a great beat! You can get it off iTunes under his performer alias Chase)

Posted

yeah i saw that before that he is too hot lolz. but he was hearing as not deaf person and himself was Interpret for Deaf person ... if yall are interest about deaf culture go ahead. www.mosinternational.com/ movie.html . i suggest you watch that is very important for world.

Kim_Lew
Posted

or even better still, Marlee Matlin's YouTube project, My Deaf Family (http://www.youtube.com/user/MyDeafFamily)

There was a documentary I watched back in 1st yr uni for cultural studies called Sound & Fury, but that was more aimed at the decision of whether or not to get cochlear implants....

mm, shall watch the movie when I have time. That's nice though, the whole thing is there on the site.