Jesica_Becker

My ex girlfriend broke up with me for God! - The Gay Christian Network

Jesica_Becker
Posted

Yes she did! She said "I love you , but I love God more." And while I do stand by her convictions sometimes it sounds like just an excuse. She was born and raised conservative Christian and is very into her church. I went there too I think it is a great church. They believe that homosexuality is a sin and are completely against it! They called a meeting for her to talk her out of our relationship and "come back to God." Oh and that's not even the end of it. So we broke up because of this but she says she still loves me even that she is still in love with me, that she would have married me but she feels like this is not what God wants for her. She will let me do anything to her sexually but can't return the favor. She says its becuase she is convicted that God doesn't want her sleeping with women but since I am not convicted in my own heart about it its okay for me to do whatever I want to her?! Does this make sense to anyone out there?? Am I just crazy in thinking this is so rediculous I can't even wrap my head around it?!

Willie_Knoetze
Posted

I don't think your crazy. It sounds like she wants her bread buttered on both sides... What is good for the goose, is good for the [other goose] ;0)

It is not God who's against homosexuality - it is her church. There are churches out there who love, accept and embrace all of God's children. And yes, the variations of human sexuality are just as much a gift from God as anything else.

I'm trying my best not to tell you what to do - but maybe some space and time apart could help?

Jesica_Becker
Posted

I think it's her church as well and if she could find one that accepted and loved her as she is then maybe all her many years of being brainwashed could start to lessen. I don't know she says it's not her church and the people who put pressure on her about it, that it's her personal convictions with God but I am just not sure. Usually my gutt feeling is always right so maybe I should trust in that and just leave her alone and let her figure shit out for herself. My friends just say she's toxic and I need to run the other way.

Pat_Mathis
Posted

She should have changed churches if her beliefs were not the same as theirs. She needs to grow up and figure out if she is a lesbian or a straight girl.She is being very selfish and maybe you need to move on, while I reilize you are in love with her , I do not think that she feels the same about you. Time heals all wounds, and maybe God has something better in store for you. I will pray for you.

Willie_Knoetze
Posted

Go with your gut feeling, and know that God has it all worked out ;0)

Jesica_Becker
Posted

Thanx guys! You have helped me

Willie_Knoetze
Posted

*mwah*

Posted

If it was meant to be, she'll come to her senses and realize God loves gays too, and if it wasn't, not every fish swims forward

Posted

Unfortunately, Jes, since it I know both of you, I also know that for her to go to a loving and accepting church she would have to actually be open to the idea, and unfortunately she is very closed off to hearing any other message then the one she is being taught there. You may come to find that God loves her completely, Lesbian and all, but it will take time, a lot of time in her case. I also think she is string you around (and I have told you that before). I love ya girl, and you deserve much better! Go find yourself and out lesbian that loves herself as much as God!

Posted

hehe, well there was a time when i was like your ex. I wasnt sure what to do or how to be.. but i knew one thing.. I loved God dearly. This caused so much turmoil, and i ended up believing, then not WANTING to believe and so forth. And it seemed no matter what i tried to do right, being gay was a huge wall that never got smaller. Just last summer i was about to surrender everything to God and just give up when low and behold.. i found the most perfect angel at church! (my current gf) Shes the love of my life, and we are perfect! We believe that no matter what God thinks about being gay, he still gave us choice. And we're not gunna stop loving him no matter what anyways. So if your ex cant see theres more to Gods love than the rules.. then she isnt gunna be on your side. Dont give up tho. Your angel is out there somewhere -T

Posted

p.s. Love God and Live Your Life. There IS someone out there just for you. A girl who loves you and loves god without any doubts. I found my girl. And i know others who have found theirs. Its not impossible. Dont give up ok? 8) Much luv

-T

Emilia_Venecia
Posted

you are not alone...... there is much confusion in peoples hearts and minds these days....it has been almost a year since my 10 years partner decided to become Christian and change her way....she can not make the decision of leave me... but she can not be the same...every time she expresses some caring or love immediately she repents. She wants us to be family and the best friends but that is not so easy...... my expectations are different..... I love her and hate to see suffering on her confusion....she can not say "is over" but she can not give as before. I love her but is about time to let it go.......

J keep it up..... better times will come.. Cheers

Jesica_Becker
Posted

Thank you Toni! I appreciate feedback from somebody who has been in a similar situation themselves. I have since cut all ties with my ex for many more reasons then just this issue. Toni your story gives me hope, I wish that she could have felt that I was her angel but instead she just felt like it was a giant sin to engage in intimacy with me. I felt like every hug, every kiss every time she said she loved me was only half truth because in her heart she felt it was wrong and if she felt that way about me that she was putting me before God and that was even more wrong. She never considered how the whole thing made me feel, not once. I hope I will find the one that's right for me! I am very happy for you and your girlfriend! Good luck

Jesica_Becker
Posted

Emilia I feel your pain I truly do! Although we were not together as long as you and your partner, it was rough and I could only imagine what I went through amplified. My heart goes out to you and I will pray that God will do his will in your life to make the best of the situation. The only real advice I can give you on your situation is I know how deep the feelings must run there which makes the situation that much harder, sometimes you have to let go at least a little bit and focus on yourself. Let her find her own way and you find yours. If in the end those link or you find yourselves happy together again, that's awesome, but if you don't at least you will have found yourself again and you can have inner peace and a happy life regardless. I wish you the best and you will be in my prayers!

Posted

I know at least ONE way you can find better women who believe in God, AND being lesbian: groups like this one. Ive met plenty of girls just like me and jen (my gf). I hope it helps you to get started on a more loving path. Im here for you always now, and ill be praying for you night and day.

-T

Ashley_Dinn
Posted

Don't let people sway you away from god. My family tried to "fix me" through a church cuz it was the right thing to do. It was not. I was a lesbian and i knew it. But they tried to get me to think i was not. I went to a very dark place. So my advice is don't turn your back on God and don't let others tell you that God does not love you or that are life style is a sin. ITS NOT.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Our lefestyle is not a sin and I am not giving up GOD for anybody, no matter how much I love them, nor am I giving THEM up because I am told that's what GOD wants me to do, God has lead me to this decision, this lifestye and this woman at this time at my life when I thought I would be alone for the rest of my life. There is someone out there for everyone of us, gay or straight, they will just come into or lives when it is time for them too. If someone wants to change you fundamentally, they are not the right one for you. I know it hurts, but time does heal all wounds and there is someone who is right for you looking for you too!