Robert_Drake

There seems to be... - Writers Nook

Robert_Drake
Posted

...A lot of womyn on here. What about developing an anthology of your all's work, and developing a kind of virtual writer's group?

Posted

sounds cool

Dorianne_Marsh
Posted

Isn't this a writer's group?

Robert_Drake
Posted

I dunno. I'm new here. but, for you,does it serve that kind of purpose? Is work openly shared and openly commented on? Where/how may one share work, and receive constructive feedback? Are there any guidelines for content? Just asking.

Dorianne_Marsh
Posted

Hm, I see your point. I actually haven't been following much of the recent posts (I was away on vaca for two weeks and when I got home my email box was full) so I don't know how things are shaping up, exactly. I don't know if there are any rules about comments, or if people are indicating what sorts of comments they'll be comfortable with. Personally, if I posted a piece of writing, I'd want honest comments, though I'd expect people to try to be respectful about how they tell me I suck. But I've seen one person blow up and leave a group, once, when she was given the slightest bit of constructive criticism. She called it a flame, but it really wasn't.