fitting into a "camp"...? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

is it just me or are there other people who dont feel like they quite fit into any particular camp?

Posted

I actually don't know what all the camps mean, to be honest. =__= The only ones I understand are 'butch' and 'femme'; I totally don't get what all this suburban/twink/blue collar stuff means.

Posted

i have know idea of what the camps mean.....i'm pretty sure i don't fit into any camp. after all, i'm just me LOL

Posted

the camps are simply about what you identify with. even though i'm not completely feminine, i identify with the femme camp. i have an aggressive attitude but i am 100% lady.

Posted

I guess I'm a tomboy, then? I'm not really a girly girl-- but sometimes I like to dress up a little too. Every girl likes feeling pretty now and then, right?

Posted

of course they do rachel. im the same way. although here lately ive been liking more and more girly things.

Posted

hm i never fit into a camp but people put me in camps lol i remember one time i was hanging around a bunch of butches but i saw a spider and freaked out i was like ahhh kill it kill it dont let it touch ahhh LOL they where looking at me like wtf? then it was that day they saw me and heels and stuff -shrugs-
as far as i'm concern i'm in bewteen a little bit of everything i guess i'm a Tweener LOL new camp word LOL

Posted

Same here! Couple years ago, I'd only ever wear baggy shirts and jeans-- but lately I've started being okay with dresses and makeup too (for about a few hours before I start feeling stupid and rub it all off).

Kim_Lew
Posted

I agree, I didn't put anything in the camp section cause I'm not up with the lingo...
But haha, yeah, as a kid i was pretty much a tomboy, but yes, I too have trouble with the spiders. They freak me the hell out!

Make up is evil cause it's all over your face! I dunno, makes me think my pores are blocked or something. (man like that time I had to wear clown white for drama... it was so freaking hard not to scratch or rub it off!) Heck, I can't even put on lip balm without licking it off unconsciously, and that doesn't taste nice at all!

Sarah_Barton_36519
Posted

The closest I can see myself is somewhere between femme and tomboy... I just choose to leave it blank. Other people can label me however they like. haha I'd just prefer they get to know me first. :P

Posted

i find the whole notion baffling. why should anyone be put in that kind of box. i'm a pretty girl, i like pretty girls. what does that make me? a lesbian

Posted

not everyone has to fit into a camp. thats why its optional and not mandatory. i know plenty of females who just are who they are. so dont take the whole thing too personal, because its not. everyone will live our their lesbianism the way they see fit. so lets all just get together, smile, and be lesbians!!!!!

Pia_Kitty_Olstad
Posted

Lesbianism is such a great word.
Anywho, the problem not putting oneself in a box is when you create a profile on a page like this and then you have to be one thing or another, but you can't be a free mix of what you feel you are. I vote for more options, admins of gays.com!

Jemadeekara_Lewandowski-porter
Posted

more options could be fun like choosing lollies at the pick and mix.
does anyone have any suggests?

Posted

how about lesbian? lol that would be a great option. or you should be able to write in what you see yourself as and then explain it to others. you should be able to explain it anyways. most people who join sites like this are not yet out of the closet, therefore, they have not had too many encounters with the gay community. it would be nice for them to get better insight from their family.

Posted

here here selena! i totally agree with that!

Posted

toaster = a lesbian that turns straight girls lesbian... because once you toast the bread you can try and scrape it off, put it the fridge, place any kind of sauce on it is still is toasted no matter what you do ...

Kim_Lew
Posted

know what term I like? Spaghetti lesbian! XP

It was used by Jodi, Marlee Matlin's character on The L Word! XP From memory it is a female who is straight until wet! XPPP Dirty humour, but funny none the less!

Posted

lmao i like spaghetti lesbian. and with the whole toaster thing, thats funny too! but i dont believe you can turn a straight girl lesbian. if she is even remotely interested in you in the first place, she is most definitely not straight lol bi curious maybe, but not straight.

Posted

i've explained that too but i have one friend that wont even call be by my own name anymore every time i see her she calls me toaster... it just happens i tend to date women no better term than that (should even be it own camp - Woman) happen to date men and i'm normally the one that is their first. they had the thoughts but never really tried before and i gave them "safe" option to try it. after my pretty nasty divorce i had i swore i was no longer going to date the women that go both ways again but god i'm addicted and they won't stay away. i swear i got the "yeah I'm married and he doesn't care magnet" attached to me and for living so close to NYC i never seem to hang out with other lesbians...

Posted

I've no camp and I like it that way. The idea of labeling myself and what I like or who should like me is outrageous.

Posted

Candice... my girlfriend has the same issue hahaha. i think she has dated one chick who has only ever been with chicks. you two should start a club.