Edie_Gene_Guild

Marriage - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

We all know God loves us the way we are, just like He loves everyone else just as much. So why is it that religious leaders of the Christian faith say we can't love or marry the same gender? Because that's the way they were taught. If we can show them that gay is okay, that would be one small step to legalizing ssm. My dad is an ordained minister, and can "marry" people, as he says, so I'm somewhat covered (just need to find a way to get a legal marriage license), but what about everyone else? I've read that there are free love churches and synagogues, but not enough. My friends, almost all non-denominational, support me, and love me for who I am and remind me that God loves me too. Being gay is becoming more accepted, so maybe, one day, we'll be able to marry.

John_Eickley
Posted

I agree whole heartly that it seems that being gay in today's world has become more then just people thinking we, gay people, are sex monsters and more humans. Pretty much the whole world has legal ssm but America so I am hoping that the US follows.

Posted

It's beautiful to be yourself....

Posted

Your comments are very clear but the majority of churches follow what say the Bible. God did man and woman and this fact is showing like a married... The same gender no appear in the gosples or was taking out...

* Sorry my english is not good...

Posted

God did alot.... just know we all speak & belong to God our Creator..... love can't be stopped... like a drankg and drugs, fuckg and dancg,,,,

dat stud
kr8z3 aka toni

Posted

i'm engaged to the love of my life, esperanza, and i cannot wait to finally marry her. i'm in college now and i wanna open up a branch of gay safe churches and preach.

Posted

do da damn thang then

that stud
kr8z3 aka toni

John_Eickley
Posted

Great, I wanted to do outreach when I was younger and not sure right now but some are called to places where we never considered. I pray for ya. Just wanted to wish ya luck. We may not be able to marry by US law but according to God's we can.

Posted

I personally want to be a psychologist, mainly specializing in transgender psychotherapy which is a necessity before beginning hormone therapy. It is difficult to find a psychologist that is well versed in what it is like to be transgender. Focusing in more on topic, if said transgender person wishes to marry a someone of a gender who is the same as they are transitioning into, there are easily complications. Family relationships are stressed from the beginning of the transition in most cases. Those stresses are not only transgender specific. Not understanding how to undergo coming out of the closet so to speak can be mentally detrimenting. If a person can not deal with mental issues that they are going through the chances of them being able to help their mate with those same kinds of mental issues is slim to none. This all added up, a relationship as physically and mentally challenging as marriage is usually spiraling towards a catastrophe from the very beginning. As much as I feel I would be a good psychologist I am still working on sorting out my own little problems and I feel that I would not be useful at such a position until I have amply sorted out what I need to sort out. It would really suck to be the advice giver of the marriage that fell apart due to said advice.

Posted

as long as you are breathing there will be problems... just deal with them as they come...

that stud
kr8z3 aka toni

Posted

That is definitely the truth, the problem occurs when the problems that you come across make it relatively impossible to help others with their problems.

Posted

thats a problem
thank God 4 advice

dat Girl
Kr8z3 aka Toni

Posted

Hi people, um I'm Christian too and well I think the same sex should be allowed to marry as well and why stop there? I want to know people's thoughts on poligamy. I am bisexual and it would be cool if I could marry a man and a woman. Any comments on this?

Posted

I'm all in favor of Gay Marriage but let's not kid ourselves that it's all happily ever after when we get it. Gay marriage is soon to be followed by gay divorce. Lesbians may stay married a long time but gay men are gonna set all new standards for the shortest marriages on record. I can't even get a second date. LOL This whole subject is a little dishonest though isn't it, I mean, the bible strictly forbids gay sex or gay marriage. I'd like to hear from an authority how we plan to re-word the Bible to make it say what we'd like to to say. Is it fair to others who believe the Bible is the word of God to re-interpret it to suit ourselves? Shall they feel free to reinterpret the verses they don’t agree with too? The only way is to get around it is to completely disregard the Old Testament and only teach the New Testament. I thought that was the whole idea of having a “New Testament” anyway, to disregard the old one?? The idea of letting people marry whom they chose is a noble one for us and smacks of loving kindness but the Bible loudly disagrees. How shall we work that out without compromising our consciences. I think it’s a fair question and I hope I didn’t offend anyone by asking it. I’m just here to learn your ideas. Thanks.

Posted

I use to believe that what the old testament said as well. But I don't anymore. We as a society need to read the bible in a different way... Remember, the bible is simply record of actual lives that were lived back then. God has not stopped speaking since Revelation ended, and believe me, God reveals things/speaks to me daily. Antonio, do you go to church? I'm not a member, but I typically go to a church that doesn't condemn same sex relationships. I'd like to get into more detail with this but just remember. The old testament can't answer every question and concern of the present day. If a gay marriage before God or gay relationship at that, never took place and was recorded, how can we be so sure it's out of the question without assuming...?

Posted

Wow! There are some really good people at your church. I wish I had one like that...

Posted

This is just not for you but everyone who reads this... UCC (United Church of Christ) churches or you can look up "open and affirming churches". I was raised in the church, but I know that the bible doesn't answer 100% of questions although people say it does. I believe only God himself can answer every last question there is to answer.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

see the documentary because the bible told me so, awesome.

Carla_Koehler
Posted

I just came out a couple of month ago i was raise penacostal. It's been hard my family thinks i've gone crazy. I'm not sure what i believe right now alittle confused about my relationship with God.

Marianne_Messer
Posted

Ccarla there is the gay christian network, try that, God does love you! take care and keep in touch, we care!