Nightmares - Poetry Group

Posted

Wish I could sleep but my mind won't allow it. It twirls through a waltz of guilt and regret, dancing away the midnight hours while my body screams for rest.
Try as I might I cannot halt it's feverish pace and long for the moment when sheer exauhstion carries me into the bittersweet embrace of haunted sleep.

But even in there shall you haunt me. Visions of love lost, and of unaswered questions shall torment me there. What once was my sanctuary is no longer sacred.
Where shall I run to escape the twisted nocturne you play upon my psyche. Or shall I remain, to watch and revel in my pain.

I do not blame you, know this fact. I do not hate you, I never could. Ever shall I love you till this nightmare ends.
But how you ask? I do not know. Perhaps these dreams shall drag me down, and screaming shall I descend.
And I wonder, will you still care enough to save me, to extend a hand and pull me forth. Or will you walk away and pretend I never existed.

Posted

That's killer. That's truly art. That's the definition of pushing boundaries and explaining it all the same. Awesome, man.

Posted

*blush* Thank you. I just recently started righting poetry. I find I can't do much with lyrical poems. Free form is more my style.

Posted

Yeah, lyrical poems don't do a terrible amount for me eitheir. But you should totally go to like a poetry slam or something... i dunno if they have that in your area, but if they did... yeah : )

Posted

I've never heard of one before. What is a poetry slam?