The L word....what is not to like about that show??? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Ok so this is how it all got started, I was already gay when my friend asked me if i had ever watched the l word and to be honest i hadnt even heard of this show until she mentioned it. "You don not deserve your gay card until you watch it" she said, and i knew she was kidding but it really made me think about watching it... I started watching the show about 4 weeks ago and I became completely obsessed with it.
I know the show ended last year but, I've learned so may things from it. I think its great that we have some type of "examples" or "role models" if thats what you want to call it...just someone that we can relate to in real life. And I'm talking about the whole aspect of how you dont have to be or act a certain way to be consider a lesbian...for example, we have Alice, who is a total femme, girly girl, funny...idk just someone normal but gay. And then at the same time we have Shane who could be described as the tomboy boyish type of girl in the show. And if you look at the characters they're all so different but at the same time they have that one thing in common, being gay, and thats enough to bring them together as individuals.
The show has just given me a whole other perspective of a gay life style that i wasn't aware of....
But anyways, does anybody watch(ed) the show???
What do you like?? Who are you favorite characters??

Posted

I lOooOOVvEee The L Word, I haven't watched it in a while but Daniela Sea / Max is awesome... and Tasha's awesome too!! I just love them all

Posted

I know i feel the exact same way...i really can relate to most of whts going on....
Leisha/Alice is my fav. character

Posted

Yeah... i like her...she's so vibrant and really adds to the show
i really need to catch up.... I wish the show hadn't ended, though

Posted

The L word is fantastic. I had a Tina/ Bette breakup/ complicated relationship over the summer only without a child involved. I was watching it and i was like wow that is us right there. All in all i was most upset to see Dana go as she was my favorite.

Bernadette_Adams
Posted

I loved watching this show. I didn't really start watching it till last year but have seen all the seasons now, wish it wouldn't have ended. My favorite character is Shane. I have a lot of different friends that remind me of these characters and can relate to it a lot.

Posted

OOOOMMMMGGGGG!!!! DANA WAS MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE TOO!!!!
i was so sad when she died, i cried for most of the 3rd season, it was so depressing...and when she actually died i cried my eyes out :'( lol. I still cant believe the producers let her go, she and alice made the show so much better, and they also made such a beautiful couple, they were hilarious together...
I was also upset when took Carmen off the picture, she should've stay for the long run.

Sarah_Christine
Posted

You know what, I never managed to catch more than an episode or two of that show. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, though.

Posted

it's great!!! i usually just watch it online, though

Posted

i flippin love the l word!!!!!! i want the box set with all six seasons
CARMEN IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Yea, i watched the whole thing from start to finish online ...Im getting the box set with all 6 season though, cuz i think i might wanna watche again in the future

Posted

CARMEN AND HELENA OMG MMM YES!!! LOVE THEM! damn they sexy LOL i got the box set OMG hope they come out with a movie!

Posted

OMGGG YESSSSS!!!! a movie would be awesome!!!!....i bet i would be WAAAYYYY better than the sex and the city movie lol

Posted

LMFAO fuck yeah WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY BEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR LOL just imagine the religous nut jobs picking LOL but still ah so worth it wants to be a movie >.< they said they might do one =O

Posted

hahaha OMG "religious nut jobs" ...but yea ur rite, everyone would be all over the place...that movie would start a riot. I would be groundbreaking I really really really want more of the L word. Six season were not enough and a movie would be the cherrie on top....Though i still think they shouldve done at least 2 more seasons
I cant get enough of this show lol

Donna_Henson
Posted

Not that I don't love watching sexy lesbians do what they do, but I must say I've never seen that hot of lesbians in real life.! Has anyone else?

Posted

yea i know what you mean...they ARE hot and i know there's few of them out there, but they are some. I presonally know a couple lol but still nothing compared to the show....I think that explains the fact that only a couple of them are lesbians in real life.

Kaitlyn_Marie_Perry
Posted

oh they ARE out there trust me i have been with a few of them!!! LOL my latest GF looked exactly like Dana her name was Jennifer and the only thing different was the size of her rack!!

Posted

OOOOOMMMMGGGG im a so jelous rite now!!!! ur ex looked like dana???? WOOOOAAAHHH holly mother f*cker!!! Dana was my ultimate favorite, i absolutely loved..love her!!! cant belive how lucky u are....

Posted

LOL omg dude they are out lesbians are hot i met a girl that looked like helena omfg and slept with her OMFG mmmm that night xD u just have to spot them
and all lesbo are hot in my mind xD they just dont look like straight women like in the L word LOL XD
LMFAO at kaitlyn only thing different was the size of her rack LMFAO ROFL XD