Jessica_McHenry

tomboy or butch ? - Lesbian Ladies

Jessica_McHenry
Posted

hi. something i'v been thinking about. Maby you all would like to chime in. Sometimes I grow my hair out long...or cut it short like now. Howevver I was wondering. I call myself a tomboy ? Would you all consider me one ? Just bored and you know. I'm dress in guys shoes,shirts. However I wear girl pants and undies. I'm not girly. Yet I'm more delicate than a guy. I like action fics. Yet I also like romantic comedys. It's rely confusing. Cause everyone wants to put lables on things. Espcialy if I'm in a chat room...and girl wants to know..are you femme, butch,just a girl ? IDK I'v been told by one girl that I'm what I think I am. A tomboy. I like and tend to act like a guy. Yet I still like and act (rarley) girly sometimes. Anyways. I hope this can get me some answers.
ty

Jennifer_Staton
Posted

I agree with you. that's what i would consider a tomboy. it's the inbetween for girls. girls who prefer acting like one, but act like both. if that made any sense. lol

Posted

I think I am more a tomboy then a girl. I like dressing the same way u do. I feel everyone is there own person I dislike ppl telling me who I should be.

Jessica_McHenry
Posted

ty. i don't like people telling me who I could be. however sometimes stero-types make it a little bit easyer to describe yourself in the general sense.

Rachel_Hoeck
Posted

the hair thing is a big issue with some girls. i fall into your category. I like my hair longer, not chopped off and spikey. That's my thing and it doesn't mean I'm not committed to the lifestyle just cause my hair is longer....ignore labels.

Posted

It's not the label that makes the girl its ur way of thinking. if u like girly things every once in a while but still love to wear the guys stuff (or if ur like me and have to cause ur bone structure is all wrong for girls clothes) then ur what is considered a tomboy or a butch individual. but thats just a dumb label that guys put on us to make themselves feel better. this is what i say im me if u dont like it or want to label me for being me then piss off. thats the way it has to be or the whole world would be made up as clones.

Posted

Just be urself no matter what. I`m dating this girl who a lot of people woud call butch if all they did was look at her. She`s not butch, but she`s deffinitely not a girly girl. She has long hair but she wears guys clothes all the time. She`s sweet and delicate just like a girl, she just doesnt completely look the part but i dont label her as anything. If someone asks me whats she is, i say she`s Just amazing! So if someone asks u if ur bitch or femme, just tell them u dont label urself and if u want to explain who u r. If u dont want to then tell them to get to kno u first and then they can label u if they want cuz it really doesnt matter what anyone says. U know who u r.

Posted

i am the same way as you jessica. i dress like a girl and a guy.. i grow my hair out long and cut it off and then grow it out.. im currently growing it back out... but i do wear makeup and do my hair some times. Cloths are like what you said.. guy shirts and girl pants and undies and a skirt/dress every so offten.... i do like to get all girliefied once in a while. and i usualy start feeling uncomfy in the girly outfit about 10 mins after arriving where im going... and then its too late to change. does anyone else have the problem of feeling like other lesbians arent gonna know youre a lesbian? and have problems telling if another girl is one.. i think thats what keeps me back from going up to girls is cuz... i cant tell if theyre playing on my team or not i just joind this site yesterday and i already feel more open.. im finding groups and discussions about all sorts of stuff ive been wondering or are confused about.. thanks everyone.. for being here to talk to

Posted

i know exactly how u feel Alison. I can't tell anyone but my parents because where I live being a lesbian or a gay guy will get u jumped and/or dead. So I don't announce it to anyone but I do look. And sometimes I dress the part of the butch while others I have to dress in something that distinguishes me from the male creatures around me.

Posted

omg... im so sorry... how much longer till you can move out? do you want to move out?

Posted

I move to Phoenix in July so there I can at least come out a little more than here in Yuma. Sometimes i tell people, like guys that ask me out, but not a whole lot of people cause like i said it'll get i killed.