Kelsey_Jane_Blackwell-Klenke

HELP PLEASE SOMEONE..........ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bi Bi Bi Women

Posted

Hey I am Kelsey Jane, I am 17, bisexual, and just came out of the closet in 2009....August 15th to be exact.....so my mama is perfectly okay with the fact that I like girls and guys, but my daddy is a different story.........I haven't really told my dad yet because he freaked when my friend Dixie and I made up my saying "when life gives you lemons...make lesbian-ade" and then when my mama told him that she thought I might be gay he laughed at her and said "well if she is, at least she can't get knocked up with a chick".....and he rags on the gay community all the time...and not in the harmless little joking around way like my friends do, but in the way that he will say things about ppl being lesbian/bisexual that really makes me scared to tell him. I really want him to know, because I don't want this to ruin our family if I do something like fall for a girl and marry that girl one day. I want him to be okay with the idea that someday he is gonna have to walk me down the isle and give me away...and I want him to be okay with the fact that it might be a woman waiting at the end to recieve me. I just want my daddy to know who I am and not just the tomboy, who loves animals, art, music, automotives, and is a people person.....but the bisexual daughter that loves all of that....the daughter he could have the chance to check out girls with when we go to a nascar race together. How can/do you tell the BIGGEST homophobe in your entire world that you are lesbian/bisexual?????? Please someone, anyone HELP ME!!!!!!!

Rory_Eatschildren
Posted

This is a tough one. But I think you should just sit down with your dad and talk about it.
I'm not going to tell you that it's definatly going to be okay, because I don't know that. But what I do know is that your father should love you no matter what. And if it doesn't work out, I still love you. :/

Posted

lol thanks. but what you have to understand about my dad is that he is one of those people who doesn't accept/do anything unless it is gonna benifit him in any way. I don't fear much of anything in this world because I am always open to new things and new people and I accept everything. But my dad is the only thing/person I am afraid of in this world

Amanda_Mueller
Posted

I can definately relate. I'm having the same problem. I haven't mentioned it to either of my parents, and my whole family is predjiduce against any sort of minority group. My grandma even still uses the n word when talking about blacks....I've been stuck on the same issue...

Posted

I was scared of telling my parents too. But my parents found out that i was bisexual by snooping on my myspace page. Both of my parents are very passionate on there beliefs and it scared me to come out to them but both of them gave me a hug and accepted the fact that i was bi. That was a shocker. The only thing you can do is just sit him down and talk to him. Dont right off the bat say "im bi", start a conversation about something else then gradually tell him. Or if you cant do it face to face, write him a note about how you feel. Then it would be easier to talk to him without seeing his first reaction. But some way or another, he will find out and you will have to tell him. He will love you no matter what. :l

Lisa_Lausier
Posted

judging it from a parents point of view (i have 17 yr olds) we love our children no matter what it may be hard on him at first but if he loves u like im sure he does he will understand he cannot choose who turns him on anymore than you can! good luck though please keep us posted on how things go

Posted

My father was a dick about it when i came out. "Just a phase." Yet after talking with my mom's side of the family, i'm the 3rd generation bisexual in my family! My father's ultra conservative, hush hush, and ultimately homophobic mentality was never overcome, but I know who I am, and I know I'm loved for who I am by those that matter.

Best wishes to you! But remember, be true to who you are no matter what anyone else thinks... in the end you have to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to.

Lisa_Lausier
Posted

you are right christina everyone should be who they r not what others want them to be