I thought I was gay, but recently slep with a guy friend of mine. Am I bi? - Bi Bi Bi Women

Posted

I was in a relationship for almost 5 years with a woman. I wasn't happy any more so i decided to end it. To not hurt, I slept with a guy friend of mine! I'm one of those woman that only sees who I'm with no one else, male or female. So am I bi now?

Danielle_Kopp
Posted

i don't know. it really depends. do you like both sexes now? or was it that your guy friend was available and you needed someone right then?
i think that you can be a lesbian, but sleep with a guy and maintain your lesbianism. it's almost like a straight guy/girl experimenting with the same sex. it doesn't make you gay or bi unless you really can go for either sex.

that's how i see it, i hope that kind of helped. if not, sorry

Babs_Chilton
Posted

In my personal opinion, you don't "become" straight, bi, or gay overnight.
If you feel that this experience exposed you to something, and/or opened your eyes to something, then it is possible that you have entered the realm of bisexuality.
On the other hand, if you were simply in need of connection with another person, and you don't feel it's going to change your relationship habits, then you may just be a Lesbian.
It really all depends on how YOU feel.

On a side note, I'm not a big fan of labels anyway. I don't agree that by having a singular sexual experience or relationship it necessarily changes who you are. If a straight male has a sexual experience with another man but continues to date only women, does that make him gay? I think not.

Tracey_Morgan
Posted

you might be, but not necessarily, at the end of the day does it matter? no offence anyone! i don't really like labels either but I always considered myself to be a lesbian up to last year when i registered i was becoming more attracted to men when I've never been interested before. now i am. just accept what you feel, as long as you're happy, go with it.

Posted

Thanks guys, your input is really helpful. And yes it started off with me just needing that attention but i have really became happy in the process. And your right, if im happy, why should labels even matter? Thanks again.....