Robin_Porterfield

How do I get up the nerve to submit my manuscript - Writers Nook

Posted

First I want to say what a great group. Ok, I love to write. I have written 2 childrens books, had two poems published, and I finished my novel. But for some reason, I find myself frozen. I just will not send out the manuscript for my novel. I guess I am afraid of rejection. I wish I had someone to read it, that wasn't bias. My friends enjoied it, but I need to find the nerve to just do it!

Posted

it's the beginning of new year, so maybe a start for something new? or show more ppl ab ur novel and see how they like it

Heather_McLean
Posted

I'd take the plunge! The worst thing that can happen is that you'll get a no... try sending it to lots of publishers - after all, that's what J.K. Rowling did. And if you do get rejected, then try to look objectively at it and decide whether they're justified. At the end of the day, you want something that's going to be a credit to your name.
But if you're looking for someone to proof-read, then I might be able to help you. My writerly friends are always sending me things.

Posted

Good luck whatever you end up doing.

I'd say just go for it, but don't feel discouraged if you are rejected. In his book, "On Writing", Stephen King said that he almost religiously collected his rejection notices as a motivator to get his work published.

If you have had poems published, do you have an agent? Getting an agent as I understand, is reccomended.

That's about all I can do for you. Again, good luck! =D

Posted

I have read over all of your comments (several times) and during the process of trying to make up my mind, to very close friends died. Just unexpectedly. One day apart. So with that, life is to short to be afraid. I'm just going to start taking that chance. Thanks for all the imput. R