What are some of the worst remarks about being bisexual? - Bi Bi Bi Women

Posted

Being bi i get some of the most ridiculous lectures about how i have to choose, or it's just a phase, bisexuality doesn't exist or i'm being greedy.

i also get a lot of offers for three ways (which i'm not totally not down for) but it gets old.
I'm sure i'm not the only one, so what pisses you off most about the ignorant stereotypes of bisexuals?

Denise_Nathan
Posted

I agree. I get dropped like a hot potato when I mention to lesbian that I am bisexual and still like being with guys. It's frustrating at times to find women to date.

Posted

Oh yeah i totally understand that, or they're afraid that i'm just going to switch it up when i'm with them and be with a guy because i am really straight but just want to tease them ::rolls eyes:: lol
so not cool! it's really not the anatomy of a person to me but the ACTUAL person!

Posted

some people say that being bisexual means that you are confused. that you cannot like both men & women.. i say "Why Not"? it is my preference. i have friends- both men AND women who are bi & like it.Then some people say..OMG you do couples? and trying to find a woman to date is very hard cuz lez women don't want nothing to do with bi women- like we are a diease.

Kathleen_Waldron
Posted

when i come out and told people i was bi they looked at me like i had two heads. "what is wrong with it" i ask. i was told that i can't be with a man and a women at the same time and i say i can. if the people i am with are fine it is then we will be if not you know were the door is don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out.

Posted

A lot of my friends tell me that being bisexual isn't real and when people say they're bisexual they're just trying to hide the fact that they're gay. But I know I'm attracted to both men and women

Heather_Haigh
Posted

The one that I think is the funniest is that since we are bi, it must mean that we can't be monogamous, that since we like both sexes we HAVE to have both at the same time! so stupid the ideas that people get into their heads...and if you are in a relationship with one or the other, then u are straight, or les
geeez just let us love who we feel like already and stop trying to classify everything

Samantha_Miller
Posted

When i finally told my friends that i was bi i lost most of girl friends. My sinficant others best friend comes over or we go over there and she flips out because I believe it is becasue of the fact of the stero types of the threesome issues go through her head. There was a reason why I didnt tell her but it was better hearing it from me right?!?!

Heather_Haigh
Posted

Thats too bad people seem to think that because u are capable of loving both sexes that means u want every person HA!
Hopefully your friend will relax as time goes by...as for your other friends....thats really sad that they were that affected
but good for u that u told them!

Posted

Ya, most guys want to know if u would do a 3 some. They consider that really hot. I think that is being very selfish and not looking at my feelings but what turns them on. And like Heather says, they don't realize that I have to connect with the person and that being bi does not mean I want to hop into bed with everybody!

Megan_Rhoads
Posted

I totally agree. Why do I have to be lesbian when I can have both? I don't want to limit myself of choose one. I will just be with whoever I like.

I'm actually not out to more than a couple people at work that are gay and like 2 friends at school. I live in the freakin' Bible Belt and everyone looks down on it here.

Posted

The sad thing is, it seems like unless you're bi nobody understands (I'm sure there are some) but i guess it's just something we all have to live with

Posted

Seems like whether you ar bi or not, TV and Hollywood has tried to make it where every girl/woman can be bi and get into bed with whoever. It makes us look more promiscuous which is totally not true. It is just a label we carry that is hard to shake.

Krystal_Tigue
Posted

I agree with all of you. I love who I am and I don't think just because someone is bi that they're greedy I hear that A LOT! I actually had a discussion with a woman i use to work with and she told me that the reason some lesbians(including herself) think bi's are greedy is because that's what she's experienced most. There must be some people portraying that. I hear the 3 way thing from guys too and I get a little offended I'm not bisexual for his amusement I just am. I'm not saying I'm against 3 ways but I'd like it to be with two people i liked and respected. My family doesn't really believe in being bi they believe it's either you're gay or you're not. I hate when they say that or when others say it's against god... the argument is getting sooo old..

Posted

I had another so called "bi" chick ask me if I did it to get guys... 1 Its not really something I chose or "do".. I have just always liked both. 2 I hate girls who just hook up with other girls to get guys attention... it makes me sick. I just like people, no matter what sexual organs they do or dont have.

Posted

Yeah it really sucks when you are at a party and you think this girl is into you but then poof! the next day it's like nothing ever happend.
Straight girls are big teases! lol

Erica_Lynn_36980
Posted

A few straight girls that I WAS cool with stopped talking to me when I told them I was bi. Like I was suddenly going to start hitting on them. Just because I am attracted to females doesn't mean that I would come at someone I know doesn't go that way. I wouldn't put myself in that situation.

Nikita_Storm
Posted

That really sucks Erica! Luckily they didn't react on it like that with me, although I lost of my friends when I told them I started to believe in God. So I kinda know how you feel.

Me being bi didn't get a reactionat all, since everyone aleady decided I'm a slut; so they probably expected it already. To probably expect me too to be a dominatrix just 'cause I like heavy metal. Fuck 'em, I say.

We are free to choose who we love, but we are not free to choose who we fall in love with. I sat it must have been the exact same thing as when they finally found out about homosexuals...at the end people started to get used to it and now it's even normal if you expect your child to become gay, 'cause finally people understand you are just born in a certain way.

To get to the original question: I really get tired of straight girls trying me out when they hear I'm bi. They just jump alover me, expecting me to like them and bring them heaven whatever their personality or looks. Like you would just love any chick that comes along! It's as bad as straight men, who also always expect you to go down for them, no matter that they're ugly and assholes.

Especilly since I've discovered this site, I get a strong feeling that us bi-girls might be the nicest group of them all, loving and understanding of one another.

Danielle_Kopp
Posted

I was told by a lesbian (who didn't/doesn't know i'm bi) that bisexuals are greedy. I don't even remember how we got onto that conversation, but it happened. I didn't talk to her much before than (she was my brother's friend), but after she said it i definitely was less inclined to talk to her.
I'm not out to many people. and i'm only out to one person in my family, and that's a cousin of mine. i was going to tell my mom, but my senior year of high school i found out in a round about way that she doesn't believe in bisexuality, that it's either "you're straight or you're not, that's it" and it totally made me not want to tell her. i'm not ashamed, but i still go home on breaks from school, and i really don't feel like dealing with it or making it more awkward than it already is.
luckily, i have a boyfriend who is amazingly supportive of my bisexuality.

Denise_Nathan
Posted

I agree that bi's are very supportive and understanding. Thankfully I have a boyfriend who's very understanding and encourages me to go out to the girl bars. Support is so important because it's hard without it.

Posted

What I think is the worst is that people seem to think that just believe you are bisexual, you cant be faithful. Bisexuality does not excuse infidelity.

Denise_Nathan
Posted

I agree with that. That's why communication is so important and boundaries as well.

Posted

Danielle first off, i love your pic
second, your story reminds me so much of myself. it took a lot of courage for me to come out of the closet to my close friends. it took about 4 years, slowly but surely i did it and with each friend made it easier. it's true what they say, if they are a good friend they'll stick by you. and i have some of the best of friend.
though, i am not out of the closet to my parents for your exact reason, one day i will tell them but it's really hard

Danielle_Kopp
Posted

thanks it's one of my favorites.
i've essentially only told those who i was fairly certain they could handle it, and i was right. they're still my friends and they're not like, disgusted by it.

and yeah, one day i think i will finally suck it up and tell my mother, but that's for then, not now.

good luck for whenever you do choose to tell them!

Posted

its funny cuz i went throw alot wheni came out.Will i was only 13 also and i was going out with my best friend..We went out for 6 years.And when i told my mother she was like will u can still give me grandchildern right.I started laughing my friends stayed by me.But the rest of the family stoped talking to me.Im glade my mother was there to make things beter.I had her full support.And the sad thing is that when i did get knocked she passed away 3 weeks B4 i gave birth.But i still rember it was tough.Also some people think that when u have a baby u cant be bi.I think thats wrong.I still love girls.N i would love to have just one wild night with a girl.But my Bf says its still cheating.What do u girls think?