Miranda_Jean_Renee_Hall

When do you write? - Poetry Group

Posted

Honestly I write best when I'm depressed or feel like I've lost myself. I can't write in silence my thoughts become to overwhelming and I can never let the emotions out. It's difficult for me to be inspired in a moment of bliss because there are no words to describe those moments there perfect and don't need to be analyzed. Well i think i answered my own question lol

Nikita_Storm
Posted

Haha, I guess you answered it for me as well! The thing is, when I'm happy, I don't feel any need to write, I just live. Alhough when my heart is boken, when I'm angry or depressed, I write whole books! Check out the 2nd poem I placed under the other topic, there' your proof!

Lee_Bauer
Posted

I write best when I'm depressed as well. Things never seem to come out all that well when I'm happy... it seems too... I don't know... fake? Forced? But man, if I'm angry I can write! Give me a topic and I'll just let the words explode from my fingers. Although, I find that it also depends on what mood I want the story to have. If it's gonna be a romance story I need to be in a gushy mood like that.

Posted

I write all the time.Sometimes during the day but mostly at night when I start to really think about things...I like to get deep ^_^ make my mind open itself up

Posted

i usually write during extreme times in my life, either good or bad. often times i find myself laying in bed at night, brainstorming ideas for the perfect poem. ive been trying to keep a pencil and paper beside my bed so i can have the chance to write it all down instead of falling asleep and forgetting.
im totally in love with writing, im even writing a book, although its less peotry, more based on my real life. but writing is a good outlet (i think), it helps me express everything.

Elizabeth_Buntin
Posted

I normally write when I'm in a dark mood cause my of my poetry is dark nature. Though recently, It's been a bit more brighter - or if I can a idea I will open up my laptop and type away. I find I get ideas from at the most unlikely moments. Thank goodness for portable technology.

Posted

I write a lot on train journeys. I'm entirely sure why: maybe it's because i'm surrounded by so many people that it gets the creativity inside me going or something. I dunno xD Also, this sounds a bit silly but I have a really lovely view from the room i have at uni, so sometimes i write a lot of stuff just sitting at my desk staring outside.

Lee_Bauer
Posted

Char, I totally know how you feel. Some how just watching how other people move about or communicate with each other sometimes sparks up ideas for stories.

Arryn_Tyler
Posted

I write when the feeling hits. It happens randomly like when i'm sitting in class. My actual mood may affect it slightly but not all that much. Topics though.. I don't think I ever really choose the topic it kinda just chooses me.