Do you write? - Writers Nook

Posted

I write, and hope to do it for the rest of my life, even if as a profession i dont get anywhere. For me, writing is less an outlet and more a necessity. Characters and their stories run rampant in my head until i give them freedom. Sometimes i know the stories before i write them, and sometimes i have to trust my characters to show me where to go. I am an amateur poet, but i try. Thank god for iambic pentameter lol. I am technologically challenged, so i dont actually know how to put a link up, but my some of my poetry in my Myspace blog. I'm really glad that someone made this group.

Posted

I have a problem with runaway characters at times. Most of my main characters seem to be based off of me, so their actions are usually more mellow and less drastic or hot-headed. But for some reason there's always either a best friend, a lover, or just someone close who is the opposite and rips/tears through all the nice, pretty stuff my character seems content to do. Lol! So far its worked out well, but in my most recent story its become a bit darker than I wanted it to, but seems to be stronger I guess..? I dont know if Im making any sense...

Posted

I went crazy on my second book and made it really dark and twisted. I think it's the best work I've ever done but my boyfriend preferred the exciting love story with a happy ending. I just wanted to make it really and show that things don't always end up the way you want them to. It's a trilogy and the very end is good so I figured that was enough. I base my characters off of myself it seems like there is a part of me in each one of them, male or female. However they're all very different and unique.

Lee_Bauer
Posted

I typically write short stories and poetry. I tend to be inspired by the quirky things in life as well as the darker points that people wish to hide or ignore. I find some strength in writing about new found love, or tear stained rejection. My latest short story just mocks how people wait too long to tell some one that they love them. They always have to wait for that "perfect moment" that may never come or would be wasted in the end.

I'm also working on a story about how I see my life to be 6 years from now in the eyes of my little sister. It's rather difficult to write but I'm enjoying it all the same.

Posted

i used to write quite alot. you could never find me without a compostion notebook in my hand. i would journal alot, write poems, songs, stories, you name it.. but i stopped and i don't know why. i guess i just didn't think my life was all that interesting to write about.

Now i just read all the time. It's done me well considering i moved from a small town in Indiana to a ginormous one in Ohio. and i don't know a soul so i never have anything to do. So i bought a million books and i'm on my 5th one in the past month. i'm kinda running out of things to read. ha ha.

Posted

I love to write. Poetry mainly, short stories are my love, songs on and off, and play writes when i get the chance. My stepmom does some prouducer work and i use to and hopefully will again get to help write out some of the movies, i've helped edite them before. (i suck at spelling though which is the funniest part of the fact i can't help writting)

Posted

I write fiction, mostly murder mystery, but proudly my first novel to be published is about a girl on a journey to find herself, to suffer, and to be redeemed. It's about love and commitment despite the turbulent inate desires of women. And at the same time the powerful impact four people make on her life. Katie, who meets Aden early in the story of thier lives and helps Aden come to terms with Faith, while Katie is about to burst from the comfines of her Amish life and choose to live in the outside world. Neil, a soldier that astonished her. Lita, an activist and her best friend Cole, a secretly tran, sucessful lawyer whom found a human action coaltion.

Posted

Well, i find the darkest stories to be the most beautiful and closest to reality. My books are less dark, because i am hoping to have them published for the masses. Though i have started a book that is very Chuck Palahniuk-esque and i hope that it will be just as good. Jordyn, i find that its the crazy characters to be ones i can connect with most. And, hey, maybe thats your subconscious' way of telling you to break the mold =)

Posted

Lol! Maybe so, because since then Ive broken out of so many "normal" things and see that my characters had already done that in my stories. XD The darkest story Ive thought of recently was actually one of those instant plots that form in my head. Its more of a sad story, from the main character's point of view. Bummed me out for a while after I thought of it.

Patience_Shepard
Posted

I tend to fluctuate from mostly reading to mostly writing depending on how much of a bum I'm feeling like that particular week. I write in all genres regarding stories. I don't, however, write poetry at all. It's just one of those things I never enjoyed doing. I mostly write action/adventure novels with a tad bit of angst thrown in and maybe some romance. My stories tend to get pretty dark though. One of my friends read the first chapter of one of my stories the other day and said, although he loved it, afterwards, he felt like his soul died. I thought that was funny although it shouldn't have been I guess.

Posted

You know... Since I started in this conversation Ive dug up some of my older stories I had stopped and reread them and edited some and added some and want to start up some again. Lol!

Elizabeth_Buntin
Posted

I love to write. I'm currently working on a book series and I wan to publish a poetry and short story book sometime next year. I've been writing for 7 years - I write mostly fiction and fantasy pieces - though my poetry and stories are of dark nature. Most people understand the meaning behind my writing ha.

Posted

I adore to write. Fiction is my true love, but like some have mentioned before me, I do seem to have trouble finishing my works, and as of lately, I've been having the world's worst case of writer's block, but a successful little stint earlier this evening makes me hopeful I'm on the upswing. Lol I love stories of lesbians, MtFs and Harry Potter fanfiction it's about all I write haha.

I know of several sites where I can post my HP fanfics online, but I would love to know if any of you know if there are similar (hopefully free) sites where I can post my original works?

Posted

Ginevra, you can try Deviantart.com. =3

I've been writing since I was in the 5th grade; it is my greatest passion other than drawing. Writing is my life. I role-play mainly, but I also write short stories, poetry, and I'm working on a few novels. Unfortunately, I'm a huge procrastinator and I have a difficult time finishing my solo projects. =\

I thrive on fiction; fantasy is where it's at, with just a pinch of realism. Most of my work can be found on my RP Forum, the Dark Side of Justice.
Like... Don't Call Me "Mommy"! = http://s15.zetaboards.com/Dark_Side_of_Justice/topic/6712349/1/
Annnnd Beautiful Oblivion = http://s15.zetaboards.com/Dark_Side_of_Justice/topic/453097/1/

Posted

I love writing stream of conscious pieces. I'm pretty vague about things to leave the reader thinking and guessing. I think the ability given to write is so wonderful, it's really unlike any other. Creativity is what drives me as a person since I'm so odd...The way I think is very obscure and so, I usually combine my writing with art. All this is my life, which ties me to music.

Heather_McLean
Posted

Ashlynn, I once roleplayed and I can see you're very good! I stopped a while back when I found I couldn't commit enough time to all of my hobbies and also succeed in academia, haha.

I've been writing about eight/nine years. I decided when I was eleven that I wanted to write a novel. Now I mostly write poetry because I can do so much more with it as a medium.