Mik_Mikson

Favourite Authors - Writers Nook

Mik_Mikson
Posted

Who are your favourite authors? Share them here.

Mik_Mikson
Posted

I'm a big fan of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Both of them are very good at crafting a captivating story. I just wish they would write more books, haha

Meghan_Holand
Posted

I've never read Terry Pratchett or Neil Gainman any books you’d like to recommend?

As for my favorite authors…well I’d have to stick with T. Novan, Lynn Galli, and Gregory Maguire.

T. Novan and Lynn Galli both write Lesbian Fiction and have some AMAZING stories out there. Gregory Maguire wrote "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West"...which was later made into the broadway musical that is spectacular if you can get past the first twenty pages. I recommend "Madame President" by T. Novan and Blayne Cooper (and its sequel). For Lynn Galli I recommend "Imagining Reality". All are fantastic reads.

Mik_Mikson
Posted

Cool! I'll check them out.

As for Neil Gaiman (he wrote Coraline, now a Tim Burton movie) , I'd recommend 'Fragile things', his book of short stories, to see if that style is something you would be into. If that's your scene I'd suggest American Gods, a rather hefty novel, but full of awesomeness.

Melissa_Wester
Posted

I think there are to many to name here, so ill stick with the biggest. J.k. Rowling(harry potter series), Melissa Marr (wicked lovely series) and shes from right here in san diego, Cassandra Clare (the mortal instruments set)L.J. smith, (Night World Series) P.C. Cast (House of Night series, and so much more)

Posted

I really like Christopher Moore when I need to get my laugh on. Otherwise I like Stephanie Meyer's The Host (not a big twilight fan), the classic authors, and I'm recently getting into Brunonia Barry.

Posted

Anne Rice, definitely!

Aysun_Yucel
Posted

I'd have to say Ayn Rand, Charles Dickens and Bernard Shaw

Posted

My personal top favorites are Richard Russo, Jennifer Finney Boylan, J.K. Rowling and Stephen King.

Posted

Ayn Rand is a great one! Loved Atlas Shrugged and Anthem

Posted

All sounds good. I've just read a book called The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. Awesome if you're into fantasy, but has some great twists...Not your average sword & magic crap :P

Posted

Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett (Good Omens), Gregory Maguire (Wicked), J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), and Anne Rice (Interview) are my favorites of the ones mentioned. Ive wanted to read Francesca Lia Block's books, but have never gotten ahold of them. My all time favorite writer has been Jean M. Auel, with the Earth's Children series. I read The Clan of the Cave Bear the same time my teacher did back in fourth grade and Ive loved the series ever since.

Lee_Bauer
Posted

I would have to say J.K. Rowling, Julie Anne Peters, Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead and Kafka.

Posted

Anne Rice, J.K Rowling, Charles de lint, Robert aspen (myth serias fav!), J.R.R Tolken, Cornelia Funke, the list could go on, but i can't remeber them all off the top of my head and my books are packed (yay moving) and i haven't been reading to much lately.

Posted

Nick Hornby is my absolute favorite author, I try to emulate him whenever I write because his style is so fantastic. I also love Russian authors: Chekhov, Bulgakov, Dostoevsky, you name it. I also love the style of Ambrose Bierce and Patricia Highsmith. My favorite young author right now is a tie between Jonathan Safran Foer, AJ Jacobs, and Marcus Zusak. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Greek drama so I guess I should add Sophocles, Aristophanes, and Euripides.

Posted

Jane Austen is probably the best I have ever read. Especially Pride and Prejudice. I have read that book over and over again, in fact just recently I needed to buy a new copy, because my old copy was falling apart. I also love Dickens and Tolstoy. Then there is also Sophie Kinsella, I absolutely adored her Shopaholic Series. Lord of the Rings was an awesome epic. I also loved The Divine Comedy. I also love Anne Rice and Stephen King, who are brilliant writers in their own way.

And sadly I must admit that I do love Stephanie Meyer, Twilight completely sucked me in.

To me books are something to discover and cherish. I love reading new authors. Especially when the books are brilliant.

Posted

Jaqueline Carey, is my current rave, her books famously around the 900 page mark are an overnight read for me. I also love Shirley Jackson, Ambrose Bierce, and Frank Miller.

Posted

James Robert Baker, Gregory Maguire, Lewis Carrol, Jean Rhys

Posted

Chuck Palahniuk is my favorite. He is very modern goth. Other than him, i mainly stick to the classics. Fitzgerald, Bronte, Conrad, Shakespear, ect. Though, i have to say that Steven King's modern voice fascinates me (although i think it works better in short stories than in his novels).

Posted

Chuck Palaniuk is awesome! Seriously. I loved every single one of his books that I have read. Beautiful Monsters is by far my favorite though.

Posted

Neil Gaiman (Neverwhere I believe it was; Death ftw), Margaret Weis (The Dark Disciple), Tracy Hickam & Margaret Weis (DragonLance), and Yasmine Galenorn (every book about the D'Artigo sisters).

Posted

another one i can't really call my favorite but i do have a good laugh occasionally while reading Cecelia Ahern's P.S. I love you

Posted

Oh yeah... Anne Rice ftew.

And I'll start looking at T. Novan and Lynn Galli. :'D