Melissa_Wester

Twilight - Writers Nook

Melissa_Wester
Posted

Give your real opinion on the world renown franchise that is Twilight sage.

Melissa_Wester
Posted

I'm personal a Jacob fan, probably more because of the really hot actor that plays him, even though he is a decade younger then me lol. I loved the character build that happened after book one, everything seemed to flow better after that. I do not like Kristin Stewart as Bella. She acts the same in all of her movies, which is a no brain, no class duh girl.

Posted

I thought u meant the book but the movie. I don't have much comment on the movie but I feel the book is kinda bad written, or maybe it's because I've been reading Anne Rice's book

Posted

I didn't care for Twilight much, but Stephanie's book The Host is VERY good.

Melissa_Wester
Posted

I love Host, i cant tell you how many times i have read it.

Lee_Bauer
Posted

Ugh, I am not a huge fan of Stephanie's work if you can call it that. There are much better vampire series that don't get nearly as much publicity and for good reason too. I'd rather enjoy a book that's lesser known than risk reading one in public only to have some fangirl gush about how much she loved it and give away something that I hadn't read yet.

I personally couldn't get past the 9th chapter of the HOST... I would have rather had my teeth pulled it was such a slow read.

Posted

Lee, i love you. I so agree with you. I first looked at the book right when it came out, read half a chapter and was almost sick and just so deas tired and dried i put it back and said worst book ever not going anywhere. nect thing i know fangirls are drooling over it, the world likes proving me wrong it seems. But the acting is bad, the writting is bad, theres no imagination to the chars and it makes vampires look like pixies, sissy pixies that have no tricks and games to play. and the movie makes it worse, the werewolves (i love werewolves) are just big dogs, come on we have the technology to do better than that!

Posted

Posted

im totally in love with edward. hes so badass and sexy. sure the sparkles are a little lame but still hes my favorite

Posted

I agree with you there Jordyn, the werewolves are better, which i have to admit is different and nice for once, most of the time you see fan of vamps but not enough of werewolves. 0.o maybe her plan all along was to make a terrible book on vamps to inspire ppl to love werewolves more! but the movie ppl just didn't want to make it that obvious! oh it makes so much sense now! and yes the books are good for it's comedy...when i can get thro the bore it makes me laugh.
*Demotivation poster* Edward: He sparkles, lives in the forest, is not a blood sucker, watchs you sleep and is sexy he is a fairy!"

Posted

Mmmmm, werewolves. Her concept of werewolves isnt that bad either. They are always warm, drop dead sexy, and their flaw is that they get a bit angry too quick. Still uber sexy. XD Unless Ive forgotten something else.

My big gay mentor/brother was the one who introduced me to werewolves in middle school and it became our thing. Im a fan of vamps too though, like Anne Rice vamps. Mmmm... XD

Posted

There is no one that can beat Anne Rices work of passion and thrill and just overall greatness, she does such marvelous works. Queen of the Damned is my absolute favorite work of hers, Akasha is so hot well how i imagine her and they picked a good actress to play her for the movie. i cried when i found out she died

Posted

i didnt neceseraly care too much for the books.. the way they were written was kinda... boring.. Over all its a great love story. I go team jacob all da way!!! sorry edward you dont have nething on jacob's muscles. WoW this is making me hot!!!! lol i was so dissapointed to see edward take off his shirt. i was like eww put it back on!

Posted

I've read all of them no thanks to forceful friends cramming the damn things down my throat. Stephanie Meyer
'Nuff said.

Posted

Heh, amazing what movies make us think. i always heard they were werewolves, even some of my pals who are huge fans are werewolves were like they are, but what you said Ashlynn makes so much more sense into what her style is and how she's written what she has the way she has.
I think you mean < the open part goes to the loser... *shrugs*
overall i even think Louis could teach him a lesson or two on real vampires, lol that would be so funny.

Posted

Lol, no honey. The open end goes to the winner. The gator eats the biggest cookie, and we all know Anne Rice wins the cookie contest with her hands tied behind her back.

And yeah, Meyer basically developed a big head from all the publicity, much like someone else I know (*cough*J.K. Rowling*cough*) and let the series go down the toilet. The second book was the best, but it could've ended after the first novel and would've been great... Especially without Breaking Dawn. The last installment was the worst! It read like a poorly written fanfic AND it's the same book that contradicted the other books in the series in two points with both the vamps and the shapeshifting wolves.

And lol Lea. Louis would mop the floor with Edward. But I think Akasha would be the latter to give the Cullen family justice. Don't think I need to explain anymore~ :'D

Posted

If I could, I would give Anne Rice a cookie. Like, a planet sized one. I saw the Princess and the Frog and my friends and I talked about how if we went to New Orleans we'd probably just explore and find all of the locations she uses.

Posted

@Jordyn. Anne Rice is like the mother of vampires, by mother of course I don't mean Akasha DD my favorite is Gold and Blood

Posted

Shh Ashlynn, i haven't been in math class in soooo long i forget these things. but thanks for the correction, i was like so confused. and overall i agree with you. I so wanna write a fanfic of Louis just slapping Edward and being like "dude! i don't attack humans too, but i'm a million times better than you!" and than pwn his ass. And Akasha just going in that house and burning the Cullen's would be the most beautiful thing ever!
I also don't like how Meyer writes about the real vamps, the ones that actually do suck human blood, she makes even them sound annoying.
Jordyn, i don't think that happens, a friend of mine hates the books but reads them for the pure stupidity of laughter that it brings her and her mom bought them for her anyway, and she's always telling me about the stupid things she reads in it and i've not heard that so i think you might have misheard or been misinformed

Posted

@Lea. Same here, I'm reading the book merely for the sake of pure laugh

Lee_Bauer
Posted

Lol, the main reason I read it was to see if Edward and Jake would suddenly realize that they're gay and ditch Bella. Oh what an amazing plot twist that would be.

Posted

Man fangirls everywhere would be in shock, that would be so amazing to see. think we should so change the ending of the book to that, quick to the time machine!