Brave-Heart

THE PERFECT AFFAIR 6 WEEKS!

Posted

I am a romantic who doesn’t want a partner. I tried 4 times, have 4 exes, and learned that living alone is the best way for me to go.
I was very young when I fell in love with love. The movies shaped my idea of love and in real life it couldn’t live up to what the screen showed. Can a couple have a ‘happily ever after’? Yes, but for me happily ever after lasts 6 weeks.
Those first weeks of a love affair are fantastic. You talk for hours, tell each other your likes and dislikes, talk about your past and, possibly, your future. You discover ‘our song’, you leave each other little notes, call just to say “I love you”, have your first kiss, your first “I love you”, so many firsts that they seem never-ending.
After 6 weeks it is all over. The accidental fart that was so funny isn’t anymore. The habits that the other can’t endure like leaving kitchen cabinets open, not washing out the glass they used aren’t ’cute’ anymore. There is no more celebrating the first week anniversary and first month anniversary. You always go to eat where they want to eat or go to the action movie when you like a romantic comedy.
Little by little ’opposites attract’ isn’t that true anymore, just annoying. Then there is talk about living together--your place? Their place? A new place? What do you keep and what do you throw away? You don’t believe they keep ‘that old thing’! And wait, they are a morning person and you are a night person which you each accommodated the first 6 weeks but not anymore.
Yes, 6 weeks is just fine. You break up before the first argument ruins everything. You have good memories, love notes and cards, pictures, maybe even a special gift and he is still the good looking prince and she is the beautiful flower and it is still before he turns into a toad and she into a weed.
So if you want to have 6 weeks of fun, love, happiness and joy call me but remember the Monday after that sixth week it is all over!