Brave-Heart

PETER PAN DINER--A RESTAURANT REVIEW FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA

Posted

peterpandiner-542d0k4ye.jpg

In 1979 I arrived back in South Florida at the same time the Peter Pan Diner opened and here we both are 36 years later still going strong.
Though near the railroad tracks Peter Pan is more a restaurant than the definition of the diner being in the shape of a railroad dining car. It is basically 3 different room with one having a large bar area and sort of on the dark side. The other two rooms are bright with the main room filled with booths.
As with most diners their menu is huge offering a wide variety of selection from burgers, to salads to breakfast items and full dinners.
I had a cheddar cheeseburger ($7.99) for lunch along with coffee ($1.65) while Allen had a American cheeseburger ($7.95) and a soda ($1.95). They arrived cooked exactly as we requested with lettuce, tomato, onion and crisp thick French fries. They were as good as any burger you will get at the new burger chains, in fact a little bit larger, and, price wise, for a full service restaurant comparatively better. With tip and tax our check came to $25.
In the past I have had chef salads, omelets, sandwiches and, of course, their huge slices of cake.
The Peter Pan Diner is a consistent, reliable restaurant in regards to both food and good service. While a big draw among the Wilton Manors crowd people come from all over the city as it is centrally located in Fort Lauderdale and is open 24/7
PETER PAN DINER

youtube2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-HMeKdkDg&feature=youtu.be