Brave-Heart

MY WANT/NEED/WISH BIRTHDAY GIFT LIST BY DEMAND OF CHUCK AND MARY

Posted

ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW ME THIS IS A RITUAL OF MY LEAP YEAR CELEBRATION MADE IN FUN---OR IS IT???

birthday-money-balloon.jpg

Well they have been hounding me (okay asked me once or twice) what I want/need/wish for as a gift on my birthday. Doing this mostly against my will (HUSH! Don’t say a word!) I am offering 3 categories of gifts. Let’s be clear NO ONE HAS TO GET/SEND ME A GIFT!! (Of course if you have bad luck for 7 years after Monday, February 29, 2016, don’t look at me!) By the same token how many Leap Year Babies do you know? Remember us poor birthday people are ignored for 3 out of every 4 years--not that I want you to feel guilty. And, if you will notice, I am printing this list before Black Friday and Cyber Monday so you can save money!!
Okay, here we go!
Category 1
Not sensible but not impossible gifts
A convertible car--preferably a Chevy or Caddie from the 1970s BUT any kind will do--including a year of automobile insurance. (Well you wouldn’t want me to drive around without insurance, would you?)
A round month long trip to Australia and New Zealand with a rental car available in New Zealand so I could drive from the north island to the south island stopping where and when I want. I’ll give you more details when you want to book the trip.
2 tickets and a round trip ticket to New York city to see “Hamilton”--plan(s) to follow when you start booking the 3-4 day trip.
Category 2
Sensible and possible (In no particular preference)
A full back computer chair
A TV recliner chair
A point and shoot digital camera
Top of the line electric razor (Well after the caritod artery operation I can’t use a razor anymore so the beard I am growing--so I’ve been told--hides my handsome face and makes me look too old at 20!)
Someone to make a framed collage using all the pictures and memorabilia that I will be taking and collecting the week of February 24 which will start with seeing “The Phantom of the Opera” and end on March 1 seeing “Kinky Boots” and include the birthday dinner at the Café Vico and taking out of towners sightseeing, etc.
Books: The American People by Larry Kramer Selected Works: A Memoir in Plays by Terrace McNally Joy Ride by John Lahr Madeline Kahn: Being the Music, A Life by William V. Madison But Enough About Me by Burt Reynolds
Practical, Possible and Sensible (In no particular preference)
Gift cards (Some so I can buy those gifts listed above and a few for fun!)
The Cheesecake Factory Target Office Depot Home Depot Winn-Dixie The Gateway Movie Theatre Regal Theatres Quarterdeck Restaurant Oaki Japanese Steak House Outback Steak House The Dollar Tree Big Louie’s Restaurant Café Vico Subways Restaurant
PS THE MONEY BALLOON, THAT ELAINE AND HER DAUGHTER GAVE ME WHEN I WAS SWEET 16 (IN 2000) IS ALWAYS A BIG HIT