Love ... Does It Really Exist? - Looking for LOVE!!!

Keith_DeHart

Keith_DeHart
Posted

I have such bad luck when it comes to love, because of many reasons, which makes it kind of hard to figure out exactly why. It could be because of my shyness, or social awkwardness, or the fact that I don't look or act like the stereotypical gay guy, or some other things that are based on situation. It could also be the fact that I have a tendency to either become friends with gay guys within 2 weeks or make them my enemy and completely shut them out after the 2 weeks are up. I guess I'm getting to the point in my life where I doubt that it actually exists. Whenever Valentine's Day comes around I actually cringe because I have legitimate hate for the holiday because I view it as a Hallmark holiday created to remind single people that they are single, were probably single the year before, and will probably be single next year too. I just want to know what I am doing wrong. Do I have to change my personality? Do I have to make it so that I look like the cookie cutter mold of what society thinks a gay guy should look like? What do I do? Because I'm at the point where I can almost say that I don't believe in love.

Posted

@Keith, I get where you are coming from. I have ast myownself them same questions; and wonder why I am gay when I don't fit the mold. I hate Valentine's Day as well, it only reminds me how alone I am onthis perilous journey called Life. Be yourself, and know that you are a good person who deserves good but prepare your heart for a long, dry season. Good Luck, we're all in this together!