gf problem - Love and Romance

Br****

Posted

I'm so in love with my girlfriend. She gives me everything i want and need. But she is getting so controling. I don't know how to handle it?

Posted

Communication is key. Speak to her and tell her how her behaviour is making you feel. See how she responds. Good Luck!

Posted

I agree with Sandy what is she a femme or butch

Posted

Is she trying to cut you off from everybody else? If so, you need to take stock of your situation and determine if that is where you want to be...yes she gives you anything you want, but you need to feel safe. From a survivor of 1 too many abusive relationships...it isn't worth it unless you feel safe and in control of yourself and have a way out if you need to. You have many people to turn to on here if this is the case or you can see it becoming the case...stay in contact with a safety person that you trust that she may not know about.

We are rooting for you!

Posted

Loving someone means giving them space to grow and to learn so that you can share who you are and rejoice in each others happiness.
If you are feeling like you cannot do this you must tell her that you feel this way.
I have been in your place and it went on for 7yrs, I ended up with no self es*** and lost all sense of who I was, if you find yourself making all the compromises and still feeling like your not doing anything right, then please remember you are in control of your own life and no one has the right to make you feel otherwise.
You were an independant and strong person that made decisions for herself before you feel in love with her and you still can be.

Posted

Well i guess she is more butch but she has femme qualities. She does try to cut me off from other people because she gets jealous and im not used to a relationship like this but i know that i want to be with her more than anything. its just so confusing

Posted

@brittany, just wait and see where does your relationship take you
may is her insecurities or maybe you are doing(without knowing) somethings that she does not approve off. that is not a good feeling to be confuse.
have a talk with her and let her know how you feel.

Posted

@britttany, by the way you write about your girlfriend i think that you love her and she love you too
and i think you are a very nice girl or woman please just talk to her, is not easy to find love now a day.
i forgot, you are welcome!

Posted

She does sound very insecure, you might be able to work through those issues and that wud be good.
Just trust your heart but also trust your head on this one, if its telling you that its making you feel bad about yourself or you are loosing just basic freedoms such as having friends and being able to express your own opinion and feelings than tread carefully ok.
Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Boundaries are a key element in any relationship, especially when one party involved is controlling. When you feel like she's being controlling, remind her you love her but she has to let you do your own thing. I know it sounds condescending and childish, but it really should work after a while, she'll learn that there are boundaries, even in a relationship.