How do I move on? - Love and Romance

Nicki_Jones

Posted

I thought I had met the girl I would spend the rest of my life with but it didn't work out, she let me down after all the promises she made me, I miss the way I felt when I was with her, how will I ever find that again and move on when there are so many players out there? One night stands are not for me or meaning less sex, sex with feeling is so much better!!!!! There must be someone genuine around? X

Posted

I know exactly what you mean hun, the same thing happened to me... it's been four months for me, and it still either hurts or makes me feel empty. I still have a little hope that there's someone genuine and decent around though... so I'm sure there is for you too! xoxo

Posted

Thanks hun, I hope you're right, sometimes I think trying to find someone decent who doesn't want to jump on you the second you meet is like looking for a needle in a haystack!!!! She was my world and she said I was hers but it wasn't meant to be :-( what makes it worse is it's Xmas and that's a lonely time for me. I hope you find what you are looking for hunnie xx

Posted

I know that feeling for sure, it makes it worse when you still feel that way and she doesn't. I'm hoping christmas will be over quickly this year, just want to move on, get on with life instead of feeling this way. I hope you find what you're looking for too, you deserve to be happy and loved the way you can love someone else =) good luck to you hun xoxo

Posted

life can be testing at times, just stay true to yourselves and the right person will turn up one day. i know it is hard for you right now but in time your hearts will heal and you will trust again. if we didn't experience the bad things in life (and i know they can be bad) then we wouldn't know to appreciate the good things and that too would be heart breaking. we might go through a number of people before we find the right person but i have faith we will all end up happy and in love. x

Posted

well I am one of those kind your looking for Nicki but you live so far away. Not sure if you like older either but anyway I feel the same way Nicki. I hate games and I am looking for someone who is sincere, honest, and positive with no games and meaningless sex. Anyone in a hundred miles? Drop me a line.

Posted

Awe bless your heart, I actually do like older women, my partner was 46 and I am 38 I thought she was the best thing that had happens to me but she wasn't who I thought she was, I am so sad that she fooled me, I moved in with her 30 miles from where I come from and within six months she had changed her mind :-( I sold lots of my furniture but luckily didn't give up my house like she wanted me to, I'm now having to start again and it's so hard, with Xmas coming up I feel very lonely, it would have been our first Xmas together xxxx

Posted

Thanks Lauren, I really hope u are right, it's so hard finding the right person and someone who feels special, I don't want just anyone, no one seems I want to get to know me, they just want to jump on me straight away and I dotn't want that, it feels like I will never find the right one, I'm not sure where to even meet that person and how to tell if they are really a player, sometimes people put on a good act pretending to be someone they are not, I'm too honest and nice for my own good I think xxxx

Posted

Your welcome NIcki. Hope you have someone to spend it with. I have had some lonely Christmases so I know what your going through!! It makes it harder during the holidays.
I am glad I am through all that and now my kids and I are closer too.

Posted

Thank so much Jeanie, thats what I need to be closer to my son too coz bad relationships and upset has spoilt our relationship!!!! I hope u have a good Xmas too xxxx

Posted

i do hear what your saying Nicki, it is hard to meet ppl, i'm not good at this whole finding someone genuine myself lol this site doesnt seem to have much going on really either but i'm new and still trying to work it out. it is sad to hear that you gave up a lot for nothing but not everyone is like that. i know you still love her but why waste your love on someone who can/has hurt you so much, tell yourself she doesn't deserve it and she is not worth it xx

Posted

Thanks Lauren, I know she doesn't deserve it at all but it feels like I will never find that special person, I hope what they say is true, there is someone out there for everyone!!! Where are u from hun? Anywhere near Essex? I just want to meet more friends and fill up my life, keep myself busy and one day she won't be so important to me anymore xx

Posted

I know you're right and she isn worth it and defo doesn't deserve my love, I need to meet more friends and keep busy and maybe one day I will meet the girl who is right for me out there somewhere xx

Posted

I'm sure that there is more than just the one person out there for us all, just depends on who you meet first i reckon, everything happens for a reason i do believe, our lives are planned out for us, it's up to us which turnings we take and whether we do it the right way or the wrong way. i live in Andover, it's near Winchester, not too sure how far Essex is from me. it's a small town where i live so you probably never heard of it lol. never give up believing that your find the right person. xx

Posted

I have never heard of it you're right lol, I have a friend on Facebook who lives in Worchester tho and it's a two and a half hour drive from where I live although I haven't been there yet. That's when I feel most down when I get to thinking I wasn't good enough and I stop believing the right person is out there xx

Posted

lol i didn't think you would have, it is close to Southampton, Basingstoke and Winchester. you should never think your not good enough Nicki, you seem like a really lovely and caring person and one day someone will put the smile back on your face and when you look back at this time in your life you will wonder what it was all about. you need to enjoy yourself luv, get that spark back and leave your ex in the past. i know it's easy to say, you gave up a lot for her but you will only be free from the *** once you start to rebuild your life again xxx

Posted

feel free to add me on facebook. my name on there is Lauren Mears - the picture is of my little girl x

Posted

Hi, I have requested who I think is u, there is a pic of a young girl with red hair looking in a mirror, not sure if it's u tho? I'm Nicki Jones and my pic is the same as the one on here xxx

Posted

Awe bless ya, u seem really nice and caring too Lauren, thanks for your kind words, I'm glad we started talking, I feel a bit less lonely knowing there are nice people out there like u xxxx

Posted

Yea I like this site cause there are healthy discussions here and we all seem to be caring people who have problems.
We do make our own choices no matter what we are per-destined to have in our lives. We all make wrong choices and believe it or not a lot of it come from greed
Humans are naturally selfish and as we get older we realize that giving of oneself not only feels better but is the right thing and jealousy breeds a lot of discontent too. We learn over time that these too traits keep us miserable and if we take them out of our lives it makes it easy to be happy.

I am not a jealous person but one day I did get a jealous streak in me cause my daughters mother-in-law always feels she must compete with me. I do not. But then my daughter was doing everything she said and then I started to get really pissed. Once I spoke with my daughter she reassured me she has had to put her mother-in-law in her place and I was being over protective of her. I agreed with her and we had this wonderful conversation. She understood where I was coming from but she told me she never saw me get upset or act jealous before and I think it is partly because her mother-in-law lives closer to me and spends more time with my granddaughter. Well after this wonderful conversation I realized how mature my daughter is and I was so proud of her.
But me getting upset took our relationship for a spin at the beginning of the whole thing and I saw a side of me I did not like. So making yourself miserable with thoughts that are not even true can cause havoc with your psyche. So I have learned to double check myself before I react next time and think about the situation and put it to rest and let it go for a bit and then things look better down the road. Like my wonderful gay brother told me F_ _ _k the mother-in-law. The best defense is kill her with kindness. And that is what I have done for the most part but I just lost myself for a minute and almost caused irreparable damage to a great relationship with my daughter. But she was the bigger person this time and let me know how much I am loved and that is why I am so proud of her.

Posted

Nicki, sorry i forgot that my user name on facebook is Lozza Lauren Mears, i tried to find you but had no luck. And thanks for the kind words, it is nice to speak and have a conversation with someone genuine on a site if you know what i mean. xxx

jeanie, there is no love like the love of a mother and child, no one will ever fill that place in your daughters heart no matter how near or far you maybe.

Posted

That is lovely Jeanie, I need to take a leaf out of your book I think when it comes to my 13 year old son, he has chose to spend Xmas with his dad instead of me because I'm really down at the mo after my split with my partner, I have been so consumed by how I have been feeling that I have been taking it out on him, our relationship has suffered because of my bad relationships in the past xxx