Need someone's opinion on what I should do. :( - Love and Romance

Ka****

Posted

Hey, everyone. I'm going through a bit of a slump here.. My most recent relationship went down the gutter and I've been okay as a single lady but honestly I miss having someone there. I'm a *** romantic and there's not a lot of romance left in the world, to me.

Women in my area are either too quick to jump into a serious relationship, instead of getting to know me, or don't want to even try to talk honestly about it. I also know that what I'm saying is very vague but i don't really understand what's going on myself. Any and all insight would be appreciated.

Claire_Wheeler
Posted

hello how are you/ have you tryed different dating sites such as plentyoffish and gaydargirls. give them a try as the plentyoffish one is free and the only one i know of that is free apart from this one as well. if you meet someone you like then tell them you wish to take things slowly and get to know each other as friends first. good luck and hope all works out for you. xx

Posted

hello kayla hun i use to feel just like you.like every relationship i was in thy wanted to move fast but i have to keep in mind i have 2kids so i have to take my time with a person.beening single is not hard yes its get lonely.thts when something fun comes to mind.like doing thing tht makes u happy,my mother always told me u cant find ur love ur solemate if u dont show urself.are try writeing out a list write down all the things u want in a relationship,all the things u want and a lover.and on the other side write down the things u know u have to change abou ur self because it takes 2 to make it wrk.i hope and pray u find ur soulmate.takecare and smile

Posted

thanks, both replies really put me in a positive mood about trying. :3

Posted

I like the list idea...just don't make them something that is set in stone...maybe somebody who meets 95% is great but there should definately be things that are important to you when looking that you won't waiver on like say somebody who is addicted to *** or another serious subject (that was just an example).

I know that whether or not you think you do everybody has a general "type" that catches their eye upon 1st glance...take the time to see past the outside and find the heart. If you are a giving person, you deserve a giving person as well. Don't give up hope...maybe stop looking for a while and love will find you. Focus on helping others through this holiday season so you aren't reminded of being alone (I'm trying to do the same) and you might be surprised at what comes from the positive energy you put out into the world

I have NO idea where you live, but NOBODY lives near me, but if you DID live near me I would invite you over and teach you how to crochet hats and scarves for people in need...or have you help with my Christmas list You have to find the value in yourself before others will see it and be attracted to it. You will find it

Posted

:'] Thanks Tonia. And I'd love to learn how to crochet hats and scarves! But i'll really take your advice to heart. ^^

Posted

Kayla, you will find somebody worthy of the time and effort you want to invest in romancing them...just give it time and be patient with the world and yourself

Posted

I think in this day and age where people hardly talk to one another except at the grocers is partly because of the internet age keeps us in our homes. I tried to be neighborly to my next door neighbors but they just said hello and nice to meet you and not much conversation even though I tried. I wonder if they are from the stapford wife clan LOL. I call my next door neighbor the methodical mower because he is so slow that the grass is growing behind him before he gets to the next row. So funny!!
Anyway I have found interesting people on some of these dating sites but they want so much money and the free ones no one seems to be interested. At least this one there is good conversation.
I believe in accepting people unconditionally. We are not perfect humans. You know what you feel comfortable with to make your life liveable so don't compromise those things. Be alert on people who use you. There are takers and their are givers. I prefer givers like myself.
And remember money does not make you happy. Only you can make you happy. Money helps material problems but that is all.