should the ex remain the ex - Love and Romance

Posted

i broke up with my ex 6 months ago, it was all very messy,nasty and ***ful, resulting in her being issued with a court order to stay away from me. however we bumped into each other by chance a few days ago and spoke. she tells me she is sorry.loves me and wants us to try again. she looked and sounded like the woman i fell in love with.i thought i didnt love her anymore but since the conversation im not so sure.can you ever get back with an ex and it work out.?????

Posted

I would say stay away. there was a reason it ended and the court getting involved suggests that it is particularly difficult.

but i know where you're coming from i had a difficult break up in june and spoke with her recently and it was difficult to get the idea that we could work out of my head. and it reminded me of why i fell in love with her (to be honest i think i still am in love with her) but i know at the end of the day its better for the both of us to not be together.

Posted

thanks for your words. its so confusing and difficult to think clearly. x

Posted

i totally understand that. try and weigh up the positives and negatives about the whole situation.

Posted

thanks for your words you two. x

Posted

I say stay away. Although I am still not over my ex from almost a year ago, it would never work out if we tried again. Too much *** involved. I hope to get over her eventually instead of trying to mask it with other people, but either way, I can never go back. Despite how much I still love her.

Posted

A zebra doesn't change it's strips... stay away from her.

Posted

i do my damndest to avoid my exes. if we happen to be in the same area i don't say hi unless they come talk to me. my body language remains distant and my conversation short. it's gunna happen. you're gunna run into them. damnit! right!

everyone screams a big hellstothano. i agree to a certain extent. there was a court order...consider why that was? there have been some success stories. my partner and i have broke up before and got back together in full ***. figure out what went wrong and see if there is a way to actually fix it and DO it. if boundaries or rules need to be set up, so be it. when we're having an argument i have a tendency to go outside and smoke a cig. coming back a little more clear headed.

it takes some hard work on both ends. if the both of you are seriously committed to giving it another round with the work involved then try it. the court order thing is a bit scary, though, hun. how much are YOU willing to put up with.

there is a misconception that relationships shouldn't be work. but it is. you have two completely different people, from different backgrounds and upbringings, different forms of communication. it does involve some work. both people have to be committed and they will be when they know that they love each other. that's not to say stay with any douchbag that comes your way.

what has she done with herself mentally and emotionally since the break-up? or you? who knows? courts were involved..those are the questions i'd be asking lol