HOW should i know? :-/ - Love and Romance

Posted

When a straight person (Mom) says, "so between Ellen DeGeneres and Portia... who's the man in the relationship?" I SWEAR... if i hear that one more time im gonna leap out my bedroom window... so i can break my arm and spend some days in hospital or die. ..

at least i wont have to be asked that again whenever my mom watches the ellen show. which is EVERYDAY!

(just A little humor..

Posted

omg lol thats whast my *** says
i cant take it want to screammmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Posted

LoL ... Vee ... if your mom ask u who's the man .. u answer her the gals name ... and each time she ask, u just name all the pretty ladies name .. i am sure she will get the hint sooner or later ... this is what i always did, to those people that kept asking stupid question ... and yes, especially my mom ..... Good Luck .. !!!

Posted

Sometimes I feel like asking hetero couples that question!! Haha This happens all the time and I just never know how to respond to such ignorance. I guess people are totally convinced there has to be a "man" and "woman" in every relationship. I guess their view can't be broadened to consider same sex couples. Would it be easier if you were both femme or both butch or femme/butch? It just shows how little some people understand that's all.

Posted

Does there HAVE to be a man?

But it was humorous!!!

Posted

That is one of the most annoying questions in the entire world. I mean the whole point of being in a relationship with a woman is that she isnt a man.

Posted

Couldn't of said it better @Jessica but i kind of think they probably want to know because some women do take on the butch role while other's prefer to be feminine. However, both are still women so n my case there is no "who is the man in the relationship" i consider it being equal

Posted

I don't necessarily think this is someone being ignorant ALL of the time (most times probably) but it may be a way to open up much needed dialogue. It's like when I was married to a man (it was expected of me) and the constant question was "When are you going to start your family?" Gee MIL (1st time meeting her) I told her I wasn't giving her grandbabies and later came up with other glib remarks like "Oh, I watch your kids for birth control." We don't want a man in our relationships now which is outside of the social "norm" so either jump from the window or ask your mom to accompany you to the "toy" store to get the right parts so you and your partner can take turns being the man