what do you do...?? - Love and Romance

Budak_Nakal

Posted

what do you do it people say about you as lesbian and make a joke about you as lesbian..???

Posted

please coment..jus want 2 knw what you will do..

Posted

so far, i've yet to came across this moment ... sorry idk

Posted

I hear a lot of crap all the time. I have only started coming out and have been married 2 time. I get a lot of shit about it all. I hold my head up high. I dont like being picked on, but atleased I know who I am and im happier now. People who do the picking only do it because of their own insecurities.

Posted

My friends joke about it all the time and it doesn't bother me at all like one of my guy friends will run up to me screaming 'HOMO' and jump into my arms or on my back it's our thing, my roommate will tease me when I say a guy is good looking and I say, 'I'm gay not blind'. Friends will mock you it's in the code don't worry about it. Random people can say what they want because honestly I couldn't care less what a complete stranger says about me. The key is to be comfortable with who you are and to know if your friends and family are truly supportive and it's in their nature to joke about things then there will be some good natured ribbing.

People you know and love can be and will be idiots sometimes but, you may have to draw a line with them if it gets to much. Just say, 'Hey it bothers me when you joke about this,' and normally they'll back off.

With strangers there are a couple of things you can do: ignore them because really who cares what they say they don't know you, or confront them, it doesn't have to be a rude confrontation on your part. I am a Christian so if someone starts in at religious level I pull out my pocket bible and have a literal come to Jesus meeting with them.

I hope this helps any of you who are struggling and maybe we can change a few minds along the way. Be who you are there is nothing wrong with it.

Posted

hi Libby, i total agree with you on your sharing. Yup, just be who you are .. cause nobody knows you more than yourself Cheers !!!

Posted

Everything, Libby says is bang on!!! I even make fun of myself or my friends sometimes.

My ex would check out guys packages once in a while. When we were walking down the street, she'd make comments about how big it was. She's say stuff like wow, he must be sporting a huge one, did you say the bulge? I never notice mens dicks, because well, that part of them I have always thought to be scary (pregnancy wise) and boring other ways, lol. When she was younger, she thought she was trans, so I think she has a bit of penis envy. My term of endearment for her was my little closet heterosexual girlfriend, lol

Humor is normal, Good natured ribbing happens among friends. If the jokes make you really uncomfortable or hurt your feelings, and they don't stop when asked too. Then they are not real friends.

If its a stranger, I think they are not important enough in my life to wreck my day. I have extremely thick skin. I've had a crazy life from beginning to end. Emotionally I'm tougher than most, but I'd say ignore, water off my back

If its work or school related, and its really bothering you, then there are proper channels to go through, etc (unless of course you live in Nigeria )

Posted

Ahh I work in a totally male dominated work environment Ummm a nickel mine in outback Australia anyone?? And Im gently teased about my love of pussy and how I'm scared of penises n stuff, which I'm not but it's always in good humour, it makes me and them laugh, it's only when it crosses into agggressive that you can feel uncomfortable and that's when you shouldn't tolerate it. I think I'm lucky to be brought up in Australian society where basically our national pastime is taking the piss (mickey) out of each other and hell yeah not to take life too seriously!!

Posted

people will talk regardless and honestly u can't tell any1 what they can and can't say, like it was said b4 if it's friends u shld b able to tell them but they can also feel that u don't have a sense of humor and mayb to senstive for the topic their speaking on. if u can't deal with it instead of trying or hoping to chage them remove urslf. friends tease laugh and have fun but if their something u r not comforatble with they will respect u if friends. remember laughter is the best medicine but teasing can be sicken enjoy all d beauty thrown at u and stand strong when it's time to face hard times

Posted

I haven't crossed that road yet. Guess because not to many people know that I am a lesbian. Sorry I couldn't help, but I agree with some of the comments made so far bout humor and laughter. I know it is easier said then done, but try putting humor into it, see how it goes.

Posted

I once had a coworker who called me girlfriend & another coworker said " well that is a little weird to call her that now". I just laughed and told them I don't wast my time on straight girls. So maybe throw a joke back just to see how they react. I know it's a hard thing to deal with. Never be ashamed of who you are!!