ladyinside

My Dad wants me to date ladies without knowing I’m gay.

ladyinside
Posted

When my Dad noticed I haven’t dated any girl for quite some time, he suggested I should date ladies. I couldn’t disagree with him or else he will drive me out of the house. I tried, though, but I really can’t take it especially when the lady shows motives. I hate it so much. My Dad is a retired army that’s why I can’t tell him my biggest secret. My mother knew about it but my Dad doesn’t. For sure, he won’t take me as his child if he will know that I’m gay. I want to respond to his plea, however, I can’t really see myself dating chicks. What should I do?

• Like 1
John_Thain
Posted

Do what's best for you; if being in a relationship with a woman makes you unhappy, don't go down that route.  You could always say to your dad you aren't looking to date right now as you're happy being single.  Or you could be upfront with him and say you have no interest in dating women at all.  If he disowns you or doesn't accept you for being gay, it's his problem and his loss.  If you do what your dad wants, I can see you sinking into an even blacker hole of unhappiness and negativity, which is why your happiness needs to come first, and not your dad's.

• Like 2
fardin33
Posted

Yeah, as the OP said already. You should be frank and tell everything to your dad that you don't want date right now. 

• Like 1